What do you think of the Ford GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of the Ford GT

This was posted in the Monroe Monitor Newspaper today:

Sno-Country’s dream machine turns heads

It might be the most expensive car to ever sit on a Monroe show room floor. Certainly it must be one of the most beautiful. The 2005 Ford GT at Sno-Country Ford is a thing of jaw-dropping beauty and Power, and it can be yours for as little as $199,999.99. "It’s the signature Ford vehicle," said Bob Brodie of Sno-Country Ford. "It’s Eye candy." That it is.

Looking at the GT head on is like looking at the flat, wide head of a diamondback rattler. Crouched, Silent, and low-slung enough for two People to arm wrestle over, it seems Prepared to unleash enormous power. Seen from the back, it is even more Impressive. Under a glass hatchback, the aluminum 550-horsepower 5.4 Liter supercharged V8 is bolted into a Lightweight, strong aluminum frame.

The car is so light and so fast; it needs exceptional aerodynamic Design just to keep it on the road. To That end, air is drawn in through a Space normally occupied by the radiator In most cars, then is blown out and Over the car through deep cutaways in The hood, forcing the car down onto The road even at high speeds and during Tight turns. Additional air scoops are built into the sides just before the rear wheel well, keeping too much air from getting under the car. The air is accelerated through the rear Venturi tunnels, creating a vacuum that pulls the car down onto the pavement. The car opens up like a jackknife. The rear glass Window is hinged at the back of the car and the front Hood is hinged at near the headlights (and reveals just enough stowage for a small designer handbag).

THE 2005 FORD GT’S BODY is at once retro and ultra-modern, featuring the stripes and Curves reminiscent of the classic models but with state-of-the-art aerodynamic features. The Interior, in brushed aluminum and black Leather, features toggles in place of *****.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

teh sex.

That's what I think of it.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:06 PM
12 Second Club

lol $199,999 that's funny... cuz if I remember right back when I was at ford MSRP was only $140,000 base and there's not that many high dollar options on it.

oh and if ya get one be prepared to spend $500 on an oil filter and $180 on 15 quarts of 5w50 for an oil change. Saw the cost on it with my own eyes when i was at sound interviewing for a service advisor position.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Doesn't do anything for me......heard too many stories of attrocious breakage, ****-poor quality control and for 200k, I can think of a few other cars that I would much rather own.

Not too mention that I am not at all into its looks.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:19 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Over priced... poor quality... and it's a Ford.

That says it all right there.

I guess if you wanted to just park it and never drive it, it would be awesome.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
I guess if you wanted to just park it and never drive it, it would be awesome.
It would still be an (ugly) Ford.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

I like it, I would think they'd have all the build quality issues worked out by now. Everything has its problems with the first ones to roll off the floor.

If you can afford to drop 200K on a car you have the kind of coin to not be worried about oil filters and oil.

Replacing the brakes on an enzo is ~8,000 dollars.

But yeah, before I bought that I'd buy a new Z06 and throw a kenne bell S/C on it and still be 100K ahead of the game.

50K mark up! That makes the GTO's I've been looking at and their 3K mark up seem paltry.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:06 PM
12 Second Club

yeah I mean I can understand expecting to pay a certain amount for maintenance but it's still a 5.4L why not use a more standardized filter? a Z06 will be a lot less to maintain and near same performance.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Doesn't do anything for me......heard too many stories of attrocious breakage, ****-poor quality control and for 200k, I can think of a few other cars that I would much rather own.

Not too mention that I am not at all into its looks.

What ^ he said,,, verbatim!

Mike
Old 04-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rookiels1
yeah I mean I can understand expecting to pay a certain amount for maintenance but it's still a 5.4L why not use a more standardized filter? a Z06 will be a lot less to maintain and near same performance.
That is a very good point. I think I have a motortrend or car and driver or road and track mag at home that compared the Z06, Ford GT, and Viper. I believe that it was a very close comparison b/t all of them. So save yourself some money and go for the Z06. If you really want to get technicall throw 5-6 grand at the Z06 and it will stomp on that GT and still cost less than half.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Teching In

way out of my price range! i would just go buy a vette and have fun!
Old 04-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Launching!

Cool car, but it's not for me. I'm all about bang for the buck.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:33 AM
TECH Regular

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...64E80A1895.htm
You only wish tires, exhaust, a pulley, and a tune could make a Z06 do that. Now dont get me wrong, the Z06 is an awesome piece of automobile. But it isnt an exotic car and never will be. GM does have it in them to build an honest to goodness exotic car. But I think they are smarter to build a car that performs or in alot of cases outperforms most exotics on an existing package.
And as far as those of you who say the looks do nothing for you? I guess you must have skipped the line handing out anything resembling good taste. I mean seriously, there hasnt been a car to come out of a domestic auto mfg. thats even close to that sexy since the viper GTS.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:15 AM
TECH Addict

Taste is subjective.

I have seen a blue one on the streets of Seattle and it does nothing for me. Dude did not know how to drive it, or would not drive it like it was meant to be driven. And for that kind of coin I really don't blame him.

If I were to throw down 200k for a car it would have a an "i" in the name (eg: "Lamborghini," "Ferrari," "Maserati," etc.).

As for the ZO6, I would be all over that thing and with the extra 100 grand in savings I could HAND MAKE the car into something that would outperform that Ford on the street, at the track, or on the course.

Get real, dude.

Oh, by the way he red-lighted and so he lost by definition.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:48 AM
10 Second Club

I agree with EJ, that car is just plain sexy! Overpriced (especially with over $50k markup), but easily one of the coolest production cars to ever come out. When you see one in person, you can't help but stare.

But I think the new Z06 actually tested out pretty close to the GT, and beat the new Viper in most cases. Throw a KB on top of it would do the job on 99% of the "exotics". So I'm with most everyone else.....bang for the buck rules. I could do the Z06 thing & have TWO cars that could whoop it's ***, and have enough money leftover to take y'all to Hooters.....IN MAUI!!!
Old 04-20-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Hooters in Maui..................
Old 04-20-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by turbo50
And as far as those of you who say the looks do nothing for you? I guess you must have skipped the line handing out anything resembling good taste. I mean seriously, there hasnt been a car to come out of a domestic auto mfg. thats even close to that sexy since the viper GTS.
No offense dude but how anyone views things is completely subjective. To say I (or anyone) who isn't in love with the car for it's looks has no taste is like saying if you don't like vanilla or chocolate or whatever other flavor most people like then you have no taste and are stupid. Not everyone finds the same things attractive. Perhaps people who make those kind of statements skipped the line for handing out common sense?

I am not a Ford guy (even though I have owned 2 Mustang GTs) but the brand of the car means nothing to me if I think it looks like
If anyone thinks that means I have no taste then that is their perogotive but it certainly doesn't change my mind or make me feel bad.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

I know taste is subjective. I guess I just cant see anyone thinking the car is ugly or looks like ****. I guess there are people who think Jessica Alba is a dog too, lol. I wouldnt be able to relate to them either. But I digress.
I gotta say I did see those arguements coming. I didnt mean to get a rise out of anyone (well maybe I did a little bit). It was all meant in fun. I do gotta admit. If I had the money for a GT I would struggle with buying one over a Z06 as well. I would really have to have alot of money. And if I indeed I was that loaded I would just buy both .
Old 04-20-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by turbo50
I know taste is subjective. I guess I just cant see anyone thinking the car is ugly or looks like ****. I guess there are people who think Jessica Alba is a dog too, lol. I wouldnt be able to relate to them either. But I digress.
I gotta say I did see those arguements coming. I didnt mean to get a rise out of anyone (well maybe I did a little bit). It was all meant in fun. I do gotta admit. If I had the money for a GT I would struggle with buying one over a Z06 as well. I would really have to have alot of money. And if I indeed I was that loaded I would just buy both .
Like I said before, if I had $200k that I could throw on a car without worry, there are so many other choices I would pick long before a Ford GT EVER was even in the picture. IMHO it looks way too much like a kit car or a Pantera to drop that kind of coin on. And that is not a slam on kit cars or Panteras.....I happen to like both, I just don't think they are "all that".

And no **** you meant to get a rise out of people.

Last edited by Rottluver; 04-20-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it sucks to be perfectly honest. There are only one or two Fords that have ever done it for me(excluding shelbys) and at 200k I'd buy something else. JMO

Quick Reply: What do you think of the Ford GT