Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

any ideas ??

Old 04-26-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any ideas ??

I have ABS inop light and ASR off lights on and traction light was blinking on and off for a while but is now off. Also when I hit the brakes they dont want to grab at first then they do after a second or two. just started happening about a day after I put on my new wheels and rotors. one thing I noticed is my pasanger rear sensor was covered in axle oil because I have a minor leak from my outer seal. any Ideas ?? also can I do anything about it using HP tuners? thanks ~Guy
Old 04-26-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you clean everything up with brake clean? I had a connector come off once and it did that.

Now how about some more pictures!
Old 04-26-2006, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are the tires different sizes? If so the computer may be thinking the front and rear tires are traveling at different speeds (hence spinning or skidding)

That's my only idea.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

I pulled my front suspension off and my roommate dropped my wheel hub once and the ABS sensor no longer worked. I had the same problem with the low trac light and no TCS for awhile all you have to do is find a replacement wheel hub, as you cannot just buy the sensor that goes in it. They are not cheap from the dealership to get it new so I wiould go to a junkyard and find one or look in the PARTS FOR SALE section.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

Could be different size tires (front to rear) doing it. Could be the main harness plug above the rear end on the drivers side came loose. Or maybe the rear calipers are hitting the new wheels? That's what I'd check first....
Old 04-27-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

my 95 z has been doing the same thing no only that it been giving a bad engine light. thats part of the reason why we are not racing this year.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check all your connections in your ABS system. Take out and clean off the sensor in the rear end. The ABS system is isolated from the PCM so an engine scanner will not work. I've been troubleshooting my own ABS problem for about 6 months and finally found the problem last weekend. Broken wire harness on the left front. Don't know how it happened, but now I need a harness. I scored two front hubs for free off a friend, and had used those to troubleshoot also. If you can't get any for cheap/free, see if a buddy with the same car can come over and you can yank his hub off and plug yours into it and see if the light goes away. Otherwise, you'll probably have to take it in to a shop that has an ABS scanner.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Regular

thanks will begin my search for the problem soon. ~Guy

Search this Thread