Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

CCC Results from today.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006 | 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I may come next time I dont know though. depends on a few things money for one & if I am working.
Old 05-07-2006 | 12:20 PM
TECH Veteran

OMG! Anyone got a fire extinguisher?

I wonder if my tires were hot on that one...
Old 05-07-2006 | 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah, that was a blast, even thought I broke out on the first round of eliminations. Cut a nice .017 light that went to waste with the break out.

But, a bad day at the track is always better than a good day at work. Specially with all the cool people at the track. I think it's going to be a damned fun season and I can't wait for the next one in two weeks.
Old 05-07-2006 | 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry I didn't make it guys, didn't have a car to race
Old 05-07-2006 | 12:36 PM
TECH Regular

Not the best day for me at the track but then again not the worst either. I really need to get that f**king 5 speed out of my car. Still managed to have a good time though.
It was alot of fun watching the diverse racing they had scheduled. There were us CCC guys, Pro street guys, Mopar day, and Jr. dragsters (which my daughter could not have been more excited about).
The F-bodies were well represented to say the least. It was great to meet some of you guys and put a face with the name. Ellis' car is so damn much fun to watch and sounds insane going down the track. Marks car couldnt disgust me more with all that new power and still being so damn consistent.
That really sucks Johns car broke. He was having a heck of a day. I tell you the sportsmanship was something else. Seeing another team run over to help like that was really awesome. Hope you get that beast back together soon John.
Old 05-07-2006 | 12:46 PM
10 Second Club

The racing is fun, but the sportsmanship in this group is what makes it for me. A Ford breaks & of course the Ford team is there to help, but right behind them are guys from the NW Camaro Club & NW F-body. Comradare, repsect, whatever it is, I LIKE IT!!!

You MUST put the burnout pic on your sig Jason. That's a beaut!!!

And get that auto in there EJ so we can find out what your car REALLY runs!
Old 05-07-2006 | 12:51 PM
TECH Veteran

That is cool that people were there to help John out with his 'Stang... sorry to hear about the breakage, but glad Mark and Ellis helped get it home for you!

And John making the finals, plus Jonathan (Seahawk) winning the opener last year, proves that a damn good manual driver can give an auto a run for it's money.

Ellis did ask me when we're going to put an auto in mine... Hey Ellis, after this clutch wears out, I just might give in and get it converted over!
Old 05-07-2006 | 12:55 PM
12 Second Club

K pics are uploading to the gallery... it's about 158mb for 329 pics so it'll take a while but you can see them as they're being added.

http://finishline.smugmug.com/gallery/1435886
Old 05-07-2006 | 12:59 PM
TECH Veteran

You took some great pics, Josh! Thanks!
Old 05-07-2006 | 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

very nice pics josh!!!
Old 05-07-2006 | 01:34 PM
TECH Veteran

That is twice that I have read of someone's car breaking and Mark being gracious enough to tow it home for them........and they get to drive the red demon-spawn car for their troubles........almost makes a man wanna go just to break his car.

Old 05-07-2006 | 01:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rookiels1
K pics are uploading to the gallery... it's about 158mb for 329 pics so it'll take a while but you can see them as they're being added.

http://finishline.smugmug.com/gallery/1435886
Thanks for the awesome pics.
Old 05-07-2006 | 02:04 PM
TECH Resident

Great Pics! Sorry I missed it. It sounds like it was a Great day!
Old 05-07-2006 | 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rottluver
That is twice that I have read of someone's car breaking and Mark being gracious enough to tow it home for them........and they get to drive the red demon-spawn car for their troubles........almost makes a man wanna go just to break his car.

normally its Don, Bill or Mark doing the tows thats one thing I like about when someone is in trouble someone is always willing to help out.
Old 05-07-2006 | 02:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am glad you all enjoyed the dinner. Congrats to both of you on reaching the semis.

This morning I found the problem: number 3 piston was missing part of its top, which imbedded itself in the head. I think the head will clean up with a mill. I have the engine on a stand but I am not tearing it down for a while. First, I will install the stock block 351 I have had sitting for a couple years. It will be very mild: low compression, mild cam, shorty headers, cast iron Ford heads. So I will be slower next time. As soon as my other car is track ready, I will sell the white/blue car.

I don't know when the top came off the piston, but some of the race was run on 7
cylinders, explaining the 12.1. I dialed in a little soft and it didn't even run that time.

I'll be at PR on the 19th even if I have to drive my wife's slow 97 GT, or my truck. You can beat me up then. Thanks again for your help. It's great to see the pictures and enthusiasm for racing on this site.
Old 05-07-2006 | 02:29 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like it was not to bad John. Good deal! I would get ahold of Cam Motion and have them design a cam that will make the most of the low compression with a higher DCR and you will be very happy with the power it will make

It was great racing against and with you!
Old 05-07-2006 | 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I would get ahold of Cam Motion and have them design a cam that will make the most of the low compression with a higher DCR and you will be very happy with the power it will make
Maybe they can design a cam to maximize power with 7 cylinders ?!
Old 05-07-2006 | 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rookiels1
Badass! Thanks, Josh!

Ran a best of 11.754 @ 120.3 against old man Berry but the problem here was the fact I dialed in 12.0

I ran heads up against him previously in the TNT and cut a better light but bogged the launch. I knew I needed to cut a good light to get anywhere competing with the best but my light was so aggressive it was -.055.

Somehow my car cut a 1.759 60' out of the hole (still a bit of bog in there) whereas I was running consistent 2.1-2 60' all day in the test runs. Even trapped 123mph against Steve one run, so I need to figure out these shift points in the Cobra to get the most MPH out of it.

Bottom line, I was under pressure and gave her a good run but it was just too fast in both elements that I knocked myself out.

Was a blast, Don.

On a sidenote, someone helping me switching out tires stripped out the locking lug and of course Les Schwab is closed on Sunday. I had to drive home on the Nittos (pretty close now to no tread) and made for some sketchy freeway action once the rain picked up in the afternoon.

Ran down to Walmart in Marysville since there is a tire center there and unfortunately they said they're unable to pull the lug out. Guess I'll have to go in early to Les Schwab Monday morning and show up late to work.

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I DID find out two things A well setup 400hp F-body will pull a 500hp Cobra

OH! IS THAT'S HOW WE PLAY, HUH!!!!

I saw it the other way, heck even you said I was pulling away in the top end of each gear. But also consider I had an extra set of tires, tools, full tank and extra passenger, not to mention the other random crap in my car. Man, that car starts at 3,880 with only me in it and it had to be well over 4,100lbs.

lol. But no doubt that is a VERY well setup Camaro. That car is a prime example of how important a good suspension is. It's always killer to see that go down the track.
Originally Posted by esoteric
I am glad you all enjoyed the dinner. Congrats to both of you on reaching the semis.

This morning I found the problem: number 3 piston was missing part of its top, which imbedded itself in the head.

Glad to hear you figured out what the problem was, and it's a MAJOR bummer this has to happen.

Shows what some of the costs of racing are and makes me wonder whats the first to break on the Cobra. Although I blew out a fuse and spark plugs (making 7 cylinder runs), two weeks ago this is NOTHING in comparison.

Thank you SO MUCH again for hosting us for dinner. The salmon was superb, and much thanks to your wife for such a great meal.

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Thanks for dinner John! That was delicious!!! And if I can, I have no problem towing a fellow racer home. It could happen to any of us, and I hope someone is there when it's my turn.....
Mark, your selfless actions this weekend helping a fellow racer really exemplify what a stand up guy you are and you have some MAJOR Karma heading your way.

You lead this group by example in so many ways and we owe you greatly for it.
Old 05-07-2006 | 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey guys:

Here are some of my pictures. I included Josh's if that's ok with him.

Obviously there is a bias on my car (as it's my gallery) but I got plenty more of other's rides.

http://www.esimracing.com/images/CCC...rton_05_06_06/

Steve, Ellis, Mark, EJ you're all in there.
Old 05-07-2006 | 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Congrats to all. Rotwiler, you got a great 60' time. What ET did that 60' produce? I hope to have such luck with my 60' when I get home. That should get me mid to low 11's.
I had a new best 1/8th (7.99) but all day I was having a problem bouncing off the rev limiter and running around 12.70-12.8's. I figure I could have pulled a low 12.5-6 if the shifts were good. I haven't done any mods to the car since last summer... I also didn't plan on going, so had over a 1/2 tank of gas.

Quick Reply: CCC Results from today.