Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Reminder: Burgermaster @ 7:30

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 05:30 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 11secproject
I see a fight brewing!!
It's because many people still believe my Formula looks like this under the hood..

When really it looks like this:

If I were to try to keep all three cars spotlessly clean all the time, I'd be spending every free moment I had cleaning them.

**** that.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
It's because many people still believe my Formula looks like this under the hood..

When really it looks like this:

If I were to try to keep all three cars spotlessly clean all the time, I'd be spending every free moment I had cleaning them.

**** that.
I've always thought you had the cleanest cars also and I've known you for almost 8 years or so now. So don't take that all to heart Zeke..
Old 05-15-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Camaro wasn't washed all winter... it really didn't even move all winter though, just stayed tucked away in the garage. In fact, it still had tire rubber from August's CCC final race on it until a few weeks ago!

I did wash it before the first CCC race though... not because I wanted to, but because I didn't want to be made fun of when I got to the track. You know, because Mark always likes to quip in with "Geez, Jason! Ever thought of washing that car? Or at least running it through a sprinkler?"
Old 05-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Man, that formy had to be the dirtiest engine compartment I've seen.

HAD, I said. It's looked sweet ever since it was reborn with new paint.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
My Camaro wasn't washed all winter... it really didn't even move all winter though, just stayed tucked away in the garage. In fact, it still had tire rubber from August's CCC final race on it until a few weeks ago!

I did wash it before the first CCC race though... not because I wanted to, but because I didn't want to be made fun of when I got to the track. You know, because Mark always likes to quip in with "Geez, Jason! Ever thought of washing that car? Or at least running it through a sprinkler?"
You too huh? I made the mistake of letting my engine bay get a little dusty and mark wrote on it "wash me steph" Of course I clean the engine bay everytime I wash the car so I found it right away..I just thought it was funny
Old 05-15-2006, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

I have to admit we are "bad" car owner's too, but to be honest, our car does double daily driver duty (day shift in and out of town, grave shift in and out) and although we live in a "town" we are in the middle of a construction project in the middle of some hop fields in the middle of a dusty valley. We try to wash it once a month, but frankly, we have kids and a yard and a house that take precedence over our car - oh, and the fact that you cant take a convertible thru a drive-thru wash, and the one hose our dogs left us doesnt reach the driveway lol Waxing it ... is interesting. There is nowhere that is not in the sun, since the garage houses alternatively a broken down durango and yard stuff lol
Old 05-15-2006, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Stealth mission to wash rott's car and safe it from it's on filth?
Old 05-15-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Dang, Zeke. I did not mean to get you riled up. My sincerest apologies if I made you mad.

I was just flashing back to when teh PuRpL3 looked like it crawled out of the primordial ooze before you had the work done to it to get it looking all new again. And you posted the picts to just reinforce my point. But I agree, now that the car is all fixed up it looks like a beautiful thing.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by B-RAD2
see that makes me want to cry
To each their own amigo.......my dog/s and life are more important to me then my car, that's all. :shrug: If it was a $250k+ car, that would be a whole different story.....but it ain't so it isn't.
Originally Posted by Rokko
PigPens car gets no love from whatsoever from it's owner. Maybe if it was a dog he'd show it some love.
I think you are on to something there.
Originally Posted by 1BAD95Z
Me too...I have 2 dogs also, but they don't shed, and the hair that they do lose in the car I vacuum out.. My car gets dirty on the floors sometimes because where I park is all dirt/dust, but I always vacuum it out on the weekends or sooner if I get a chance.

I just don't understand some people's way of thinking sometimes...
Well, not to be a dick, cuz I adore ya, but no one is asking you to understand or agree with how I think or what I do with MY car..........it is just a flippin car. And since it is my ONLY car, when the dog needs to go to the vet, or obedience school or wherever, she goes in my car.........not a lot of other choices there.
Originally Posted by B-RAD2
so no dogs in the car.... i just can't do it. thats what a truck is for
If someone were to by me a nice truck I would gladly never put my dog in the TA again.
Originally Posted by Tylerb59
I've always thought Zeke has always hand one of the cleanest cars out at the track.

Seen 'ya out there with the detail spray and wiping the car down every chance you get. Good man.

And about the dogs ... Interesting stand to be proud of, but whatever floats your boat! I understand the whole it's just a car statement, but you can only go so far before it becomes some white trash domestic.
Who said I was "proud" that there is dog hair inside my car? And if you want to think of me, or call me (or my car) white trash. Be my guest. It isn't going to keep me up at nights crying cuz some guy I have never met thinks less of me.

What cracks me up more then anything is that we are on page 5 of this and most of it is people pissing and moaning that I don't keep MY car as clean as THEY want it to be or that I let my dog (who is WAY more important to me then any car could be) inside my car. Everyone has priorities in their lives and I am so sorry to offend everyone because keeping my car clean isn't #1. But y'all have 2 choices, deal with it, or don't. And no, I am not upset, pissed off or whatever else, just stating facts. I have typed all this with a smile on my face because I find it so flippin hilarious that everyone has their panties in a bunch about my car being dirty and having a dog ride in it. My car, it gets treated however I want it to, period.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Who said I was "proud" that there is dog hair inside my car? And if you want to think of me, or call me (or my car) white trash. Be my guest. It isn't going to keep me up at nights crying cuz some guy I have never met thinks less of me.
Sorry, I wasn't calling you out, just saying it gets to a point where you start perpetuating a stereotype.

Trashed F-body ... covered in mud and dog hair .... get what I'm saying?

No worries either, heck man I drive a Ford and a Chevy ... live in Arlington.

'Nuff said.

I love my dogs but have seen how their claws and hair can destroy a cars interior. Nothing worse then wearing dark clothes in a car where a dog has been. Getting out of the car and in to work ... a bit embarrassing, eh?

And we'll never meet if you never make it out to events.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tylerb59
Sorry, I wasn't calling you out, just saying it gets to a point where you start perpetuating a stereotype.

Trashed F-body ... covered in mud and dog hair .... get what I'm saying?

No worries either, heck man I drive a Ford and a Chevy ... live in Arlington.

'Nuff said.

I love my dogs but have seen how their claws and hair can destroy a cars interior. Nothing worse then wearing dark clothes in a car where a dog has been. Getting out of the car and in to work ... a bit embarrassing, eh?

And we'll never meet if you never make it out to events.
Like I said, I was typing with a smile on my face..........my dog is relegated to the folded down rear seat area, never up front. No mud on my car, just layers of dirt & filth and it isn't "trashed", just dirty. :shrug:

And again, like I said, if I had something else to drive her places in, I would most certainly do it, but I lost that "Oh my God it is sacrelgious to do ANYTHING but drive" in my car a looong time ago.......I eat in it occasionaly, take it grocery shopping, the whole works. And it that perpetuates a stereotype, so be it. I stopped caring what others thought about me a looooooooooong timer ago.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Addict

Wow, maybe we can keep this going til the next cruise and start it all over again! I find it pretty humorous reading all this. To me, I like a clean car but never care too much to keep in tip-top shape. I think Steve was over the top w/ his but damn it was beautiful! But how do you enjoy a car like that? to me I couldn't as I have to drive a car to enjoy it. Then there is Boyce, when I saw his car it was filthy but I looked right pass that and thought damn it sounds sweet! We all have our own reasons for our cars. I just dont understand worrying about how it looks vs driving it. I look at meets as a time to hang out in person and if you happen to have time to clean your car great, if not, oh well. Hell, Brad came with his JB Welded headlight we did that morning which lasted less than 24hrs but it allowed him to bring her out for the night. I would even roll the Sable if need be!
Old 05-16-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 11secproject
Wow, maybe we can keep this going til the next cruise and start it all over again! I find it pretty humorous reading all this. To me, I like a clean car but never care too much to keep in tip-top shape. I think Steve was over the top w/ his but damn it was beautiful! But how do you enjoy a car like that? to me I couldn't as I have to drive a car to enjoy it. Then there is Boyce, when I saw his car it was filthy but I looked right pass that and thought damn it sounds sweet! We all have our own reasons for our cars. I just dont understand worrying about how it looks vs driving it. I look at meets as a time to hang out in person and if you happen to have time to clean your car great, if not, oh well. Hell, Brad came with his JB Welded headlight we did that morning which lasted less than 24hrs but it allowed him to bring her out for the night. I would even roll the Sable if need be!
We seem to share a viewpoint on this subject.

I like a clean car but it isn't my world..........and as stated before, the hurting I get from doing it "properly" just is not worth it to me.........so the bitch stays dirty. But she still gets me where I need to go.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:09 PM
12 Second Club

I think I may have hand washed my car a handfull of times over the past 4 years. That automatic touchless carwash is great... Wish I had a garage though...but is nice having a silver car....Every 2 weeks through the touchless carwash and now every month a quick 20 minute coating of the new turtle wax ice and car looks like it is ready to go to a carshow. My wife has a black car and washing it weekly and then using the ICE every 2 weeks keeps it nice, but nowhere near the way the silver looks.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:51 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by howierd42
Dang, Zeke. I did not mean to get you riled up. My sincerest apologies if I made you mad.

I was just flashing back to when teh PuRpL3 looked like it crawled out of the primordial ooze before you had the work done to it to get it looking all new again. And you posted the picts to just reinforce my point. But I agree, now that the car is all fixed up it looks like a beautiful thing.
Sorry, man... I have to bust my *** to keep my cars as clean as they are now... so it kinda chaps my *** a bit when people give me a hard time about them being dirty. It's not like I'm proud of it or that I like it.

I always wash them by hand, I'm really **** about how they get detailed... but there's only so much I can do to keep all three of them clean.

Quick Reply: Reminder: Burgermaster @ 7:30