Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Yet another car crash/accident

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Well I am fairly sure that car insurance will NOT cover a 6 yr old behind the wheel.........pretty sure that is written into most policies.
actually you would be surprised. in a case like that i believe it would be covered under the current auto insurance policy. the reason being is that it was an accident between two vehicles. the company may decline the claim because the van was not insured but then you can always turn it into your uninsured motorist and then let your insurance company fight with the people about it and get their money back. if the company gets the money back you don't have to pay your deductible either. that is how it is here but washington might be different. the fact of the six year old kid may not make a difference because it is his parents fault for letting him play in the van. it was there negligence that lead to the accident.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rocketrider93
actually you would be surprised. in a case like that i believe it would be covered under the current auto insurance policy. the reason being is that it was an accident between two vehicles. the company may decline the claim because the van was not insured but then you can always turn it into your uninsured motorist and then let your insurance company fight with the people about it and get their money back. if the company gets the money back you don't have to pay your deductible either. that is how it is here but washington might be different. the fact of the six year old kid may not make a difference because it is his parents fault for letting him play in the van. it was there negligence that lead to the accident.
Fortunately they seem to be holding up well with paying for the damage out of their own pocket so no worries........and whether or not the ins company would eventually pay up could take forever to find out IF my friend decided to go that route.......
Old 05-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Fortunately they seem to be holding up well with paying for the damage out of their own pocket so no worries........and whether or not the ins company would eventually pay up could take forever to find out IF my friend decided to go that route.......
good to hear the people are going to own up to it. yeah unfortunately you are right. i know a guy who had no uninsured motorist insurance and got hit by a kid who didn't even have a license. (the kids drunk dad told him to just take the car to work.) the dads insurance company )after like two months of my friend bumming rides) finally said they were not going to cover it. luckily the dad paid for it out of his pocket. glad to hear it is working out.

Quick Reply: Yet another car crash/accident