Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006 | 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default sts commercial

http://oi.b5z.net/i/u/1473169/f/Vide..._VERSION_2.mpg

did anyone see this??
Old 05-26-2006 | 10:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Cute video.........I am SURE the Vette is smoking fast but that high pitched whiz/turbo 4 cyl sound makes my brain hurt.......a vette should sound like a vette.....with 8 cylinders & some cajones.

Again, not saying that the STS wouldn't make the car a rocket ship, I just prefer that muscle car sound........a guy I know in So Cal put a (used ) ATI Procharger on his '02 WS6 and then installed a blowback(?) valve? Why oh WHY would you do that? All the ricers in my neighborhood thought it rocked when he came up the street and revved, I just wanted to sink down in the seat and hide. If you have a turbo that is one thing, but on a S/C????? Am I wrong here?
Old 05-26-2006 | 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

no not at all... why put it on a S/C???
Old 05-26-2006 | 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Cute video.........I am SURE the Vette is smoking fast but that high pitched whiz/turbo 4 cyl sound makes my brain hurt.......a vette should sound like a vette.....with 8 cylinders & some cajones.

Again, not saying that the STS wouldn't make the car a rocket ship, I just prefer that muscle car sound........a guy I know in So Cal put a (used ) ATI Procharger on his '02 WS6 and then installed a blowback(?) valve? Why oh WHY would you do that? All the ricers in my neighborhood thought it rocked when he came up the street and revved, I just wanted to sink down in the seat and hide. If you have a turbo that is one thing, but on a S/C????? Am I wrong here?
I'm going to have to agree. I know how cool the STS turbo kit is, but it sounded like complete *** in that video! Do the STS systems really sound like that?
Old 05-26-2006 | 11:03 AM
11 Second Club

It does sounds pretty gay in that video.
Old 05-26-2006 | 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

that was a twin turbo kit!!!
Old 05-26-2006 | 11:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by B-RAD2
no not at all... why put it on a S/C???
Cuz he was like 22, Mommy & Daddy paid for EVERYTHING in his world and he thought it would be "cool" Same guy who has had (no exaggeration) at least 7 different catbacks/exhausts (currently has true duals IIRC) on that car and converted it from an A4 to an M6 within 6 months of buying it....instead of just buying an M6 to begin with.
Originally Posted by B-RAD2
that was a twin turbo kit!!!
AWESOME power for sure but still sound like a Honduh at the stop light.
Old 05-26-2006 | 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

I just watched that the other day here at work. I'll say the vid made it sound bad but it would be sweet!
Old 05-26-2006 | 07:28 PM
TECH Regular

Z06 badging on a convertible? for those extra 10 ponies on top of the turbo kit?
Old 05-26-2006 | 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

Am I the only one that thought that Corvette sounded sweet? Did you guys just not hear the turbos or something? I don't see how it sounded anything like a 4 cylinder. The turbo spool was louder than the exhaust, but you could still hear the muscle beneath the turbo spool. I do agree that it could use a louder exhaust, but doesn't sound like a 4 cyl to me..
Old 05-26-2006 | 08:24 PM
12 Second Club

think about it a bypass or blow-off valve is installed to bypass the supercharger/turbo when the throttle is closed or at part throttle. when you build up boost and all of a sudden close the throttle where's that air supposed to go? Most eaton's these days have a built in bypass that goes right into the intake manifold. Prochargers don't have that option because they're basically belt driven turbo's so you install one in the intake ducting BEFORE the MAF (assuming a blow through setup) or anywhere after the turbo/sc if you're running SD. (people wonder why putting a bypass after the maf makes their car surge... )
Old 05-26-2006 | 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Poik
Am I the only one that thought that Corvette sounded sweet? Did you guys just not hear the turbos or something? I don't see how it sounded anything like a 4 cylinder. The turbo spool was louder than the exhaust, but you could still hear the muscle beneath the turbo spool. I do agree that it could use a louder exhaust, but doesn't sound like a 4 cyl to me..
Nope, you're not the only one. This is a killer deal for $7K.

Can you imagine what this kit would do with a low compression LS7?
Old 05-26-2006 | 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

Well what can i say. Tornado's have them too