Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Bad kill story

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad kill story

I was leaving Fry's last night and a silver Lamborghini followed me out. I have always loved them and so I was hoping to give him a run on the freeway. Sure enough, he followed me right on. He blew by me at 100 at the end of the on ramp so I flipped on the nitrous and gave chase. I caught up to him pretty quickly (duh!) and he was off again. It did not take us long to get to 110 in the HOV lane (it was almost 9pm so it was free to use for everyone by that time).

Just then he drove right over a piece of blown tire and it went airborn. Yours truely caught it right on the passenger side headlight cover. It disintigrated as soon as it hit so nothing got broken on the Trans Am. The only appearant dammage was to the paint. I think it took it right down to the bare metal on the headlight. Normally I drive with the fog lights on in the twilight hours and it is a good thing too. If I had the headlights on it would have broken the headlight assembly for sure.

Now I have to try to do some buffing and touch up before the next show. That bums be out, of course, but it could have been worse. And I did get to run with a bull!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Like you said, at least you got to run w/ a bull! Was it a Diablo? I love the 6.0 GT Diablos the most and silver is a great color on them! Sorry to hear about your car but at least they were down...
Old 06-14-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn debri.

I've seen a retread blow a rear bumper off a car when it shot up between the wheels. Spectacular.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Fear not!

I just washed the car and did some buffing to the affected area. Reason #2 to always have a good wax on your car: Road debris dammage buffs right out!

I hit the area with some ScratchX and the vast majority came off before I even buffed it out. Then on the second application the part that I thought was bare metal came out too. I hit it with some Z6, followed it up with some Professional Glaze and more Z6 and you can't even tell it was hit now!

Yea Zaino and Meguires! No Porter Cable needed.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I dont care to much for the ferraris but DAMN I love those Lambos,...I realy like the "little Giardo" Still close to 500 ponys
Old 06-14-2006, 06:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Its too bad the guy took that exit, would have been great to see if you stayed door to door
I just washed the car and did some buffing to the affected area. Reason #2 to always have a good wax on your car: Road debris dammage buffs right out!

Walked up to the car sitting outside first looking at the drivers side then had to lean in about a foot away to see some teeny tiny marks where he got nailed on the passengers side. It would have taken the light out no questions but yep, a good coat at all times will help get what looks hopeless out with little work or wet sanding.

This would be the answer to your wife who is nagging you spend too much time making the car look nice