Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

I got pulled over today!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got pulled over today!!!!!

Nothing major, he was a stater and actually pretty nice. He was in front of me on I-5 and pulled onto the shoulder and when I passed him he pulled in behind me and flipped on the lights . He walked up and says "I think someone smashed your front plate cause its missing" and I told him I bought the car without a front plate. He just looked at my license right there and said get one with your next set of tabs and sent me on my way. Don't they have better **** to pull people over for .
Old 06-14-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Resident

one word " Quota" my bro's a cop in Montana and say they require at least 3 stops a day
Old 06-14-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

At least he was cool about it. I asked politely after getting my ticket why do some cars come from the factory w/o? He said "I don't give a ****, strap it on somehow or else..." I knew he was gonna give me a ticket for something the 2nd he started walking to my car, he just had this attitude and I am actually an extremely polite person.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is true, he was very cool about it. So far I've been pulled over twice for this, no ticket either time, both by staters....
Old 06-14-2006, 06:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

And the Flame war begin's...........................................
Old 06-14-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
And the Flame war begin's...........................................

what ellis said...."NO they don't"
"Yes they do!"
"My car is faster than yours"
"Thats because the license plate is on"
"RCW xxx.xx.xx"
"But I went to court and the judge said......"

Old 06-14-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ya,....The same cop that said the same thing to me a year ago has seen me a dozen times sence and looked the other way I think they know its a bullshit deal as, this state no longer requires the front tabs to be up to date anyway!!
Old 06-14-2006, 06:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by vetred
Ya,....The same cop that said the same thing to me a year ago has seen me a dozen times sence and looked the other way I think they know its a bullshit deal as, this state no longer requires the front tabs to be up to date anyway!!
Haven't been keeping up to date legislature, isn't there a bill forming to do away with front plates in Washington?
Old 06-14-2006, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

No matter what the results are or what the laws are it sucks to deal w/ it...
Old 06-14-2006, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah Brandon, the only cops that never give me a hard time when I get pulled over are staters. All the city cops have been di^ks. Only had one ticket from any of them, and that one not for speed, and it did not even stick in court. Staters just seem to be more laid back than the rest.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will take my ticket it they give it too me, pay and move on. I will not put a front plate on the WS6
Old 06-15-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, I seem to have the best luck with staters too.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:48 AM
TECH Resident

Of all my tickets, except a fix-a-ticket for a headlight, they are staters. You mus thave REALLY bad town cops to think that Staters are laid back because in this area the Staters are A-holes.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Haven't been keeping up to date legislature, isn't there a bill forming to do away with front plates in Washington?
It died in committee. No plans to reintroduce next year.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Amorget
Of all my tickets, except a fix-a-ticket for a headlight, they are staters. You mus thave REALLY bad town cops to think that Staters are laid back because in this area the Staters are A-holes.
I was gonna say...........never heard of a place where the Staties are nicer then locals.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Regular

I got snagged a dozen times in the Cobra but never got a ticket for it.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I said it before I'll say it again. Its an easy catch. It could lead to other things for the cop as well. Is it quota? I dont know and wont argue that either way. Simple fact of the matter is its illegal and is a reall easy catch. Pull you over for something that simple and then its have you been drinking today. Or whats that I smell? Call it quota call it doing their job and you making it real easy for them, call it what you want.

If you dont like getting pulled over get a front plate. I dont like to so I keep the front plate. Its no big deal.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been driving w/o a front plate on now for about 6 years. I didn't have one on my mustang, srt4, and now my gto. I have been pulled over numerous times and never ticketed. Lucky I guess. But I will never put one on. Makes the car look fugly.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Veteran

I can tell ya that when I was working, I used ANY violation I could to stop a car that looked like it needed stopping. The front plate was an "easy catch" to stop someone who may or may not (based on looks, etc) be a dirtbag and hopefully get a gun, a felon or some drugs off the street. Out of a hundred cars I pulled over, maybe one got a ticket for anything, let alone a front plate ticket. :shrug: Things like that are GREAT for having a legal reason to get into (get the car stopped) the car of a guy/guys I know are dirty.

Yeah, lotta traffic cops write those tix left & right as well as a buncha other "BS" tix, but like I have said before, when you are out working for 8, 10, 12 hours a day and your SOLE job is traffic enforcement (WSP for example)........lotta tix are gonna be mechanical violations..........front plates included. :\ Sorry y'all.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya know, we, the car community, should try to do something about this redicoulous requirement to have a front plate. I'm sure if you took petitions to every car show and drag race you went to, pretty much everyone would sign it. Plus it would save the state money since they would no longer have to make front plates.

I don't know exactly how all this work, but rather than continuing to complain about it we should do something about it.