Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Got a little work done on the vette

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006 | 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Got a little work done on the vette

I was messing around with the vette today. I power washed the engine. It was pretty dirty. While I was at it, I took off the fuel rail covers. Much to my horror, I found bare wires under there. It looked to me like a mouse had gotten on there and decided to try a wire insulation lunch. Luckily none of the wires were touching each other, so it was running fine, but still pretty scary with what could have been. So I seperated the wires, taped them to cover the bare wires, and called that good enough. It was wires to one of the injectors and the coil packs that had been chewed on.

Then I made a partition. In the FRCs (and z06s I would assume) there is nothing seperating the passenger area from the trunk area. I saw on the corvette forum they were selling some partitions for like two or three hundred dollars. So I decided to make my own. I used a little cardboard to make a template, cut it out of MDF, then covered it with some carpet. It turned out pretty nice looking. I'm going to use a few pieces of velcro to attach it, though it does wedge in there pretty good. Hopefully it will cut down on some of the road noise.

I put a few pictures of the day up. Now I just need to vaccum out the car again.
Attached Thumbnails Got a little work done on the vette-dsc01407.jpg   Got a little work done on the vette-dsc01483.jpg   Got a little work done on the vette-dsc01485.jpg   Got a little work done on the vette-dsc01488.jpg  
Old 06-18-2006 | 11:50 PM
TECH Veteran

It could have been from sitting in Cali but since there is now mouse or rat **** on it, best to put some bait on it (top of the battery is best). If it sits for more than one day they can take out your entire harness.
ask me how I know that..........

The partition looks pretty good, velcro is a great idea in case you need room for the dead body...um...friend to shove in the back.

How bout some under the hood picts now that its clean?
Old 06-19-2006 | 01:12 AM
TECH Regular

actually, cardboard is great idea... mine came with a heavy wooden one. when I get on the brakes hard, that thing starts flying around = NOT FUN

I now keep the partition at home. the only problem is when both dog and groceries are in the car - these just don't mix very well...

Quick Reply: Got a little work done on the vette