Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Rolled snake eyes tonite!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 11:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys!

I do think it is time to get down to some real tunning on Jasons car for sure. Hopfully next time we are at the track or some where we can get some logging going on and see what is really going on. As even Mark can tell you once you get close nothing will tell the truth like real loggs going down the track Mark also noted even though he ran the same times the Hoosier dropped his his traps 3-4mph

BTW I now have ALL the parts on hand to get Blu running. I just need to make plug wires and find a place for the new MSD box to fire her up! Then Finish the brakes and all the N2O Wiring ALot of people with this system say it is worth a 10th or so at the track....lets hope
Old 06-24-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys!

I do think it is time to get down to some real tunning on Jasons car for sure. Hopfully next time we are at the track or some where we can get some logging going on and see what is really going on. As even Mark can tell you once you get close nothing will tell the truth like real loggs going down the track Mark also noted even though he ran the same times the Hoosier dropped his his traps 3-4mph

BTW I now have ALL the parts on hand to get Blu running. I just need to make plug wires and find a place for the new MSD box to fire her up! Then Finish the brakes and all the N2O Wiring ALot of people with this system say it is worth a 10th or so at the track....lets hope
Old 06-24-2006, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats Doug!!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Congrats Doug!
Old 06-24-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, thats awesome Doug!

Congratulations man, you must be stoked!
Old 06-24-2006, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks guy's, Really nice to finally break into the 11's. Now if I can just get it to hook launching with the nitrous. I should be able to get her into the 11.5's. Although it might take uping the jets to the 125 shot. What do you think Ellis?
Old 06-24-2006, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

Congrats doug!! I really need to make it down there and run with you guys... Even picked up a pair of Nitto DR's from a co-worker who upgraded to M/T ET Streets. (now to just find a spare pair of 17's lol)
Old 06-25-2006, 02:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Very Cool Doug! Congrats buddy!!!

As for Zeke & Jason, you should log some data & tune accordingly. If need be take it to Ellis. I did the other day & let me tell you, that man KNOWS his ****! I might NEED to get some QTPs like his. My car pulls harder than it ever has, and is hitting 8-9 psi now. I was just out tuning an idle issue (I fixed it BTW Ellis!) and even on a 2nd gear roll-into-the-throttle-run it was FREAKIN SCARY how hard it pulled. It was all I could do to keep it straight. Bottom line - I'd let Ellis tune on it, it IS worth the money!
Oh I know... Ellis tuned my car last September and we put it on the dyno, ended up dynoing about 5 rwhp and 12 rwtq more than it did before on a custom Predator tune.

After running it down the track, I think my problem are stemming from the drivetrain. My drivetrain hits so hard now with the locker and the twin disk, that I'm just boiling my tires unless I bog it... and then I cut a crappy 60' time just like I do when I'm spinning.

Honestly, I think the Eaton posi was soaking up some of that since it's a posi, and there was no slack in the drivetrain. With the locker, the car first has to take up the slack and lock the wheels... and then the power hits the tires all at once. So in essence, the weaker Eaton was helping mask my suspension problems because it was absorbing a little of the shock from the drivetrain. Now, the tires are taking ALL of the shock.

So, I'm starting to think that yes, I probably need a little more fine tuning plus need to check the cats and maybe also check the top end of the valvetrain (rockers and such), but past that, I don't think power is my problem...

I'm thinking HALs, drag springs, and possibly yanking that front sway bar as well.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

A tenth or so Ellis??

Well Zeke and Jason, hopefully you guys can get your cars figured out... I know that is very frustrating!

Quick Reply: Rolled snake eyes tonite!!!