Old 06-30-2006, 03:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amy (seems redundant at this point)
Married..to John who never remembers his screen name or password here
Son 29 yrs old, single so natta gm'a...yet
Too busy helping everyone else to get a damn job
been there, done that, loved every minute of it so far
Favorite movies: American History X, A Fish Called Wanda (Kevin yelling "*******!" out the car window while driving in England), Boondock Saints ("who needs rope?")

Hobby??
taking on the biggest company in the nation for illegal practices. Its been eating all our time and money but its worth stopping mega companies from screwing the public. Eventually the cars will run again but for now - they are bigass things that keep me re-drawing the "shop".

Old 06-30-2006, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Doug
Born in New Hampshire, moved to Seattle area 9 years back to marry a local girl who is quite possibly the single most important aspect of my life, she's not a car buff, but tolerates my ramblings and desire to go faster with wry smile most of the time.
Hmm lessee. am 40 currently I am employed at a Goodyear in Renton. No degrees or wildly impressive accomplishments other than living through a couple of nasty alcohol induced accidents ( the other guy, not me) ...read over 40 broken bones and a couple hundred stitches, have a REALLY cool set of scars to scare little kids with.
One son, 18 self sufficient and has moved out on his own ( I am rather proud of him)
Have met a few of the locals, liked most of em too.
My interests are my wife, my car, a couple of MMoRPG's and taking off my T-Tops when Seattle weather permits.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Pete

Turned 62 this year.....I'm on the "doal" now. Get a check every month to spend on the car.
Retired from Motorola Communications after 30 years.
Wife is still working but not a car buff.
We own an Animal Emergency Hospital in downtown Seattle.
Live on a Ranch out on the Coast where we tend to 10 horses, 11 Great Danes Dawgs, a Goat, a Duck and an obnoxious old Parrot. http://theranch.5u.com
I've spent the last four years getting my Olds built and hitting all the car shows I can.
Life is good.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Brad
23 years old!! Single with no kids (That i know of... but i'll claim 1 just incase)
i've been in the Navy for just over 4 years. I'm a Master at Arms (MP) Military working dog handler.
I'm from the greatest state ever...TEXAS.

Last edited by B-RAD2; 07-01-2006 at 02:41 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:37 AM
On The Tree

Rick
3 years college
not married
No kids
Hobbies... Love top end speed!!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robert Weaver
Age-49 (will hit the big 50 in Sept, and sure glad there are others in my age group)

Work-Nordlund Boat Company (10-years), Mechanic/plumber/shipwright or Maritime Engineer. Have been building boats for most of my adult life. Vic Edelbrock Jr's 1xx' yacht being the last completed.

Schooling-Clover Park Tech College grad through high school (mechanic), and many regular Colleges.

Marital Status-Divorced and taking applications. Two kids, one son 24, one daughter 21 and a grandaughter who is 1-year old today.

Brief History-Lived and grew up behind Puyallup Drag Strip. Father was a drag racer (fuel altered). Have been building cars/bikes my whole life. Lived for a time in Nebraska. Enjoy blowing all my money on cars and bikes with no one to answer to.

Hobbies-All cars, Corvettes, Harleys (choppers), Nitrous Oxide, Home Theater, Super Audio CD (High Res Music) and most anything a tech geek would enjoy. Oh and baseball, I long for the days when the Mariners were winners.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

Tristan
Im 19, will be 20 in September.
Not married and no kid, I wouldnt have my car if so.
I live at home still and have lived in Washington my whole life.
I work for Brundage Bone Concrete Pumping as a parts bitch for the company rebuild shop. Currently not going to school but am thinking of starting again this fall.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Bobby

I'm 33 last May
Married for one year although been with Jyla for 10 years and just had a beautiful baby boy Gavin Mehki, June 15th.

Work for one of the largest business application software company in the world (suprise its not MS) for the last 6 years as a implementation consultant.

Love cars, I've sold a few that break my heart but I like "new" projects not real happy with my current stable but with starting a new family I'll probably buy a trailblazer SS as soon as some low mileage used ones with reasonable prices become available!! Thinking of a 968 LS1 conversion as well but still need to research that project

Wish I was closer to most you guys the Portland scene is nothing like it is up there!
Old 07-02-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Brent - 32. Married to Jen (31) since June '94. We have 3 daughters, 1, 7, & 11. Jen is a board certified RN in labor/delivery, I teach hydraulics on C-130's and H-53's now. I was stationed at McChord for over 10 years and got to know Ellis, Steph, Jim, John, Cory, Steve, Mike, and others through Team NW F-body back in the spring of '00. Left McChord for Kirtland in Jan '04. I miss it here, but I kept WA as my home of record so I hope to make it back here in a few years once I retire so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled in the near future for a job or two..
Old 07-02-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TL00CamaroSS
Tristan
Im 19, will be 20 in September.
Not married and no kid, I wouldnt have my car if so.
I live at home still and have lived in Washington my whole life.
I work for Brundage Bone Concrete Pumping as a parts bitch for the company rebuild shop. Currently not going to school but am thinking of starting again this fall.
Hey Tristan, welcome. Now we've got to get Brian on here. You'd better plan on giving me a ride so I can check out that new cam. Brian needs to do the same.

Casey
Old 07-02-2006, 06:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
Work for one of the largest business application software company in the world (suprise its not MS) for the last 6 years as a implementation consultant.
Wouldn't happen to be the place of hardened Clay would it? My best friend is in management for them down south.....if that is the place anyway.

<~~~~~knows less about computer software companies then I do cars, and that is scary.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Wouldn't happen to be the place of hardened Clay would it? My best friend is in management for them down south.....if that is the place anyway.

<~~~~~knows less about computer software companies then I do cars, and that is scary.
Not sure I don't believe they own a company in the Seattle area. I work for Timberline Software a company owned by Sage which owns a number of manufacturing, accounting, inventory, project managment, CRM software all over the world, but are probably best known in the US for Peachtree.

Does your friend work in Irvin?? If so and he is upper managment he is a balla shot calla! Small world
Old 07-02-2006, 11:59 PM
9 Second Club

I'm Shane 40ish LOL.
I am married, no children
We live in NW Montana near kalispell, I am the only member in Montana that I know of except hayseed51 who joined the other day then dissappeared.

I have worked for the federal gov't as a civilian for 18 years & still sane. Never have met any other members in person, hope to some day. My wife & I run a dog boarding service & I have a little auto shop to help keep my car hobby financed. We are members of the Rocky Mountain Street Machines in Columbia Falls.

We'll cruise over to Seattle one of these days, it's hard for us to leave the kennel in the summer.

I will be at the river city rod run in Post Falls ID this weekend, should be fun. You guys should make it over, they're predicting over 1,000 cars.

Almost forgot to mention my hobby/obsession, it's an 01 Z28 that I am always wrenching on. I am building a turbo setup & wonder what the hell I am getting into. I've just about got the longblock together. I don't have anyone around that even knows what an ls1/6 is.

Last edited by code4; 07-03-2006 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:12 AM
Teching In

Steve here, out from lurking. 42, Married, 4 kids 6 to 19. I've been around the f-body scene for a number of years and go back to the early days of Team NW-F-Body and NW F-Body and I've met a number of you here. Lived in Vancouver, WA for the last couple of years but will be moving back to Seattle next month to start working in a new position as VP of Sales for a large NW electrical sign company. I currently own 2 1994 Camaros, one current SCCA / ICSCC ITE road racer and one roller looking for a stock replacement LT1.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by code4
I'm Shane 40ish LOL.
I am married, no children
We live in NW Montana near kalispell, I am the only member in Montana that I know of except hayseed51 who joined the other day then dissappeared.

I have worked for the federal gov't as a civilian for 18 years & still sane. Never have met any other members in person, hope to some day. My wife & I run a dog boarding service & I have a little auto shop to help keep my car hobby financed. We are members of the Rocky Mountain Street Machines in Columbia Falls.

We'll cruise over to Seattle one of these days, it's hard for us to leave the kennel in the summer.

I will be at the river city rod run in Post Falls ID this weekend, should be fun. You guys should make it over, they're predicting over 1,000 cars.

Almost forgot to mention my hobby/obsession, it's an 01 Z28 that I am always wrenching on. I am building a turbo setup & wonder what the hell I am getting into. I've just about got the longblock together. I don't have anyone around that even knows what an ls1/6 is.
Did you hear about the Run to the Rockies show next weekend in Billings? A bunch of us are leaving on Thursday to attend. Maybe we could hook up?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:51 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
Did you hear about the Run to the Rockies show next weekend in Billings? A bunch of us are leaving on Thursday to attend. Maybe we could hook up?
That's a long drive from here but I would like to go. Are you guys trailering your cars over? I could drive mine as well if that's what you guys are doing. Let me know some details it's coming up pretty quick. I would hit the interstate at Missoula.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:38 AM
11 Second Club

Shawn
30, Newly single My busy schedule has now freed up for the summer, I plan on OVERDOSING on cars, racing and anything else I can get away with thats legal. I've lived in Washington all my life, grew up in Kent owned a variety of Muscle cars including a 70 Chevelle that I still daydream about. I work for a Mechanical contractor in Seattle as an HVAC-R fitter/service tech. I haven't been to the track in 3 years I'm hoping to make it out on the 5th. Had a great time at Burger Master enjoyed meeting everyone and I hope to see you soon....
Old 07-04-2006, 01:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by code4
That's a long drive from here but I would like to go. Are you guys trailering your cars over? I could drive mine as well if that's what you guys are doing. Let me know some details it's coming up pretty quick. I would hit the interstate at Missoula.
See the Run to the Rockies Thread.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Travis Hibbard
19 on the 28th
Single
Owner/Contractor, Precision Tile and Stone
Lived in Washington all my life, mostly in Mukilteo, but I spent 2 years in Olympia and a few in Everett also. I still live at home, in the house I was born into lol.
Been into racing all my life whether it be cars, bikes, go carts, etc. I'm the outcast here cuz Im one of the few trying to make a truck fast lol.

I have met a few of you guys, but I hope to meet more of you tomorrow at the track, mabye I can get this pig runnin consistant and put up a fight for the Ford guys.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Sarah
32 years old
Married to Jon (SeaHawk) for almost 9 years
Born and raised in Oregon. Moved to Washington 9 years ago (see above).
Emergency preparedness manager for the City of Auburn
Almost a Ph.D. (next year hopefully)
Teach college in my spare time because, well, I'm a geek
No kids, three cats.
Lust after a 1968 RS/SS Camaro, but drive a Chevy Blazer

Quick Reply: WELCOME! Sound off Say Hello