Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

WELCOME! Sound off Say Hello

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 10:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Naw last time I went 'Drafting' was in a black SS. Dang near took the paint off that red mustang when I finally went by

Do you drive a black ss in monroe. I saw one the other day coming out of the industrial park. Looked real nice. I noticed the tri-pod gauges and thought, I sure would like those. Anyway I have the dark blue 99 ss with the 02 stripes
on the hood. Hope to see you around.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nope I was refering to Boyces car and yes he was out there last weekend after we got it running. You could not have missed the full rool cage and bat winged Sparco race seats LOL.

Most of the time we are driving the wifes Red 95 Z28 T-top with Chrome Y2K SS wheels and 02 SS spoiler and a Borla. Mine is Metalic Blue(Bright in the sun, dark at night) with standard Y2K SS wheels ,98 Rear spoiler and a SLP Dual dual. hers is Louder then mine but mine carries a bigger bite.

You know those long *** hell 12in wide black marks in front of "Blue moon"? they came from the blue car From a 20MPH roll at that hehehe.

We live three miles out Old Owen Road.

BTW we have seen your car a few times! the Wife says "He should wave back"

Very nice car you have there!
Old 02-15-2004, 12:29 PM
Teching In

Talking

Hi Everyone! :

The Speedway in Monroe is an 1/8 mile track...kinda testy because it's an oval. Make sure you have good breaks!

Hi Doug, sounds like you have a nice car! I think I have seen it around...we should all meet up sometime soon and go for a cruise or something...it's been a while since we've done that! Summer will be here soon...
Old 02-15-2004, 02:44 PM
TECH Regular

Psssst!
Old 02-15-2004, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z_ANGEL
Hi Everyone! :

The Speedway in Monroe is an 1/8 mile track...kinda testy because it's an oval. Make sure you have good breaks!

Hi Doug, sounds like you have a nice car! I think I have seen it around...we should all meet up sometime soon and go for a cruise or something...it's been a while since we've done that! Summer will be here soon...
Sounds like a good plan! I usually have saturday afternoons and sundays open. It would be cool to get some drive time in when we get some more good weather. Nice Z you have!!!!
Old 02-15-2004, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Nope I was refering to Boyces car and yes he was out there last weekend after we got it running. You could not have missed the full rool cage and bat winged Sparco race seats LOL.

Most of the time we are driving the wifes Red 95 Z28 T-top with Chrome Y2K SS wheels and 02 SS spoiler and a Borla. Mine is Metalic Blue(Bright in the sun, dark at night) with standard Y2K SS wheels ,98 Rear spoiler and a SLP Dual dual. hers is Louder then mine but mine carries a bigger bite.

You know those long *** hell 12in wide black marks in front of "Blue moon"? they came from the blue car From a 20MPH roll at that hehehe.

We live three miles out Old Owen Road.

BTW we have seen your car a few times! the Wife says "He should wave back"

Very nice car you have there!
Thanks, and I will wave back next time. I live right around the corner from the old driving range. I haven't seen those stripes but will certainly look next time i'm over that way. Sounds like you have two bitch'n rides there it must be tough deciding which one to drive. I'll see you around town..
Old 02-15-2004, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the words.

Steph LOVES your car. It looks real nice with the stripes on the blue. after we get her SS hood she wants them put on hers And what is up with all the ram air cars in town? I have counted like six so far!

the Strips my have fadded with all the rain

see you around. We have enough people out here to have a decent get toghther that is for sure!

In the very near future Steph and I will ahve a full site up and we car show case all the cars
Old 02-15-2004, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

checking in
Old 02-16-2004, 12:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah my seats are a little goofy but hey, considering what I do with the car.......I'll take a little bit of the ribbing for the "bat" seats.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Lord....there sure arent too many of us Oregon folks... I'm here, but Im spending all my racing money on the Mustang. The SS is just too nice to beat on anymore. And besides, I have barely ever EVER seen a V8 F-body in this town.

Whats up with that?

chris
Old 02-25-2004, 09:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Ha there are a few of us around. Did that SS have an MTI Heads and cam package on it???
Old 02-26-2004, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

It still does... they sit on top of the MTI All Bore 387 of course.
Stage 3 LS6 heads, MTI X1 cam, etc, etc. But one really SLIPPING clutch. Im in the market for a Spec 3, and I'd love to hear where you had yours put in, and if you like it.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Dude did I meet you at PIR one night? I was driving my Purple 93 at the time and you were all suprised it was the original color. Are you from TX used to have a Nitrous TA you rolled.

I had the dealer install the clutch while they did the rebuild on the tranny. Its REALLY easy though If you wanted help installing it I had my tranny out 6 times in my 93 including doing the A4 to T56 swap after I got tired of going through 700R4's. So I'm kind of a pro at pulling the tranny.

I like the spec alot your welcome to drive my car down the street after it is back together to try it out. I used to worry about people driving my car but really what they hell are they going to do that I haven't

Bobby
Old 02-26-2004, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats me I remember the cool Purple TA.

If we arent careful here, we are going to have an F-body group here in Portland... something I never thought would be remotely possible

I love the look of your car...What's being done to it now?

I may have to take you up on the tanny help. I have *alot* of tools although no rack. Ive pulled my tranny 3-4 times myself, though I always have remembered too late the plug for the driveshaft hole

Ive got a set of road racing tires and wheels for sale, and if they sell, Im buying the Spec 3... so hopefully that will be sooner than later

In return, there isnt about anything on the LS1 that I havent done to this point... THere's alot of pictures of me doing things on www.LS1howto.com Im just getting tired of this small Portland garage.

Chris
Old 02-26-2004, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

what kind of numbers does that all bore motor put up? Looks like I am not on top of the heap around these parts anymore!
Old 02-26-2004, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Boyce his car is hella nasty, his 1/8 MPH were in the 90's I believe with just H\C. Of course your car is Hella nasty too

Viseral that is too funny I always wondered what happened to you since I never saw you again. Of course I think that was the last time I went to PIR... I sent you a PM on contact info and to let you know mi garage es su garage. (as long as its a day job) The old lady gets pissy when car is on stands for long periods of time. That was the whole reason she "let" me buy the new car is so I wouldn't mess with it LOL that lasted a WEEK. She is taking this down time rather well, she probably went out and bought a dozen pairs of shoes to make it even
Old 02-26-2004, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
what kind of numbers does that all bore motor put up? Looks like I am not on top of the heap around these parts anymore!
well, Im working on getting a clutch that will hold it.

I will say... ALOT more than the H/C/I setup I had before. It just shreds this 02 Z06 clutch. And the engine is a serious rev'er. It feels to me like Im being sucked down the road. Only problem is that the ports are so big that one of the spring seats has cracked through to an intake port adn is dropping a tiny bit of oil in a chamber when theres alot of vacuum. I dont know if I'll pull the heads to send it back to MTI, or just drive the car down there. If I do drive the car down there, I'd have a really hard time not going for the 4" stroke mod That would of course have to wait until my next contract comes along (Im a contracter and I never seem to know when I will or wont be working :-/)

Right now though Im putting a tubular front Kmember/A-arms/coilovers etc in the mustang. Two cars to modify is financial suicide.

chris
Old 02-28-2004, 02:24 AM
Launching!

Talking

Hey Visceral! I remember you from that night Bobby and I went to PIR! I was driving the red 95 Z28. You know the one you were upset with because I beat your heads and cam LS1!!!! J/K!

Glad to see you made it here. I think we need to get together here soon with everyone in the Vancouver/Portland area. Maybe even a little dyno day at Torquefreaks maybe.

Ken
Old 02-28-2004, 02:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's not just a heads/cam car anymore

Great to hear form you. Im defintely thinking we need to put together both some single get togethers and perhaps a weekly evening somewhere (like thursdays at Hooters or somewhere with better food).

Lets keep getting everyone signed in!
Old 02-28-2004, 03:20 AM
Launching!

Talking

Originally Posted by Visceral
It's not just a heads/cam car anymore

Neither is mine! PPSSSHHHTTTTT! HEHEHEHE!

Quick Reply: WELCOME! Sound off Say Hello