Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

My buddy just bought a GTO.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006 | 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Default My buddy just bought a GTO.

Spice Red A4 from Seaview Chev. He called me and cussed me out for telling him to go drive one. Ever since he's had the itch to buy one. He's picking it up today after work.
Old 07-03-2006 | 10:34 AM
10 Second Club

> @

LMFAO!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2006 | 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
> @

LMFAO!!!!!!
That's braggin rights from our grudge matches last time at pacific. It's staying up till he takes me 2 outta 3 times. That should give him some incentive to do some modding.
Old 07-03-2006 | 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 2001ramairconv
That's cool. This supposedly the last year for the GTO until 2008, when it will come back with the same platform as the new Camaro , which who knows when we'll see that. The sad part is no Trans Am. I really wish GM would get thier together and give us some rear drive V-8 powered affordable cars. The Vette is cool but cost and insurance are a bit high. Its sad when you have to buy an European import or a rebadged Australian car to get a fun rear driver. The Solstice is not the answer. Although the Mallet conversions are cool. And I'm not a big Ford guy although I have seen some really cool Mustangs. Ok I'm off my .
He's been driving a Mark VIII for the last 10 years so this is a step up in performance. He just about bought Todd's Show Car, but it was too nice for a daily driver.

Dodge is doing stuff right. If I didn't have my Firebird I'd have a GTO or a Dodge Magnum or Charger.

Mark, you'll see it in the Lazy B's parking lot.
Old 07-03-2006 | 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rokko
Mark, you'll see it in the Lazy B's parking lot.
Tell him I have a K&N Filter I'll sell him cheap if he wants an extra 30rwhp & 1-2mpg. $35 Or he can buy a CAI for $250 if he wants to make it pretty. Either way, that mod is a must for a GTO (as is the Ellis tune for 1 with an A4 - 3/10ths)
Old 07-03-2006 | 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Tell him I have a K&N Filter I'll sell him cheap if he wants an extra 30rwhp & 1-2mpg. $35 Or he can buy a CAI for $250 if he wants to make it pretty. Either way, that mod is a must for a GTO (as is the Ellis tune for 1 with an A4 - 3/10ths)
Cool, I'll let him know.

He already asked me to set him up with paint care stuff, I told him around 250 will get ya a porter cable and all the polish, pads and micro fiber to get ya going.
Old 07-03-2006 | 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So, when is he joining the website? Always good to have another goat around.
Old 07-03-2006 | 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Crisisman
So, when is he joining the website? Always good to have another goat around.
He probably wont. He's not into drag racing, at all. Says it's easy and boring, "All ya gotta do is mash the gas, what's so hard about that?" He doesn't have a clue about drag racing and never will. He used to run a bomber up at Monroe for a few years before he had kids.

Might be able to get him to a track day at PR for the road coarse. But it'll just be a fun daily driver to him. He'll go on cruises and meets at BM and XXX and so on but I would guess that's about it.

He's a dirt biker mostly.
Old 07-03-2006 | 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

He'll take it. Next time I see ya I'll get it and pay ya for it.
Old 07-03-2006 | 04:03 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Hell, I'll take it off your hands, dude.

And I gotta figure out what's screwing up on the Formula because I'm gonna be able to change Rick's sig...

I'm starting to wonder if it might be my fuel pump finally giving up the ghost.
Old 07-03-2006 | 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

i like that color, but haven't seen one in person yet.

and if your friend thinks that drag racing is boring.. well.. he's a sissy girl for getting an A4.
Old 07-03-2006 | 10:35 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Rokko
He probably wont. He's not into drag racing, at all. Says it's easy and boring, "All ya gotta do is mash the gas, what's so hard about that?" He doesn't have a clue about drag racing and never will. He used to run a bomber up at Monroe for a few years before he had kids.

Might be able to get him to a track day at PR for the road coarse. But it'll just be a fun daily driver to him. He'll go on cruises and meets at BM and XXX and so on but I would guess that's about it.

He's a dirt biker mostly.
Tell him to come down to the track so we can show him how "easy" it is...
Old 07-03-2006 | 10:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Tell him to come down to the track so we can show him how "easy" it is...
Can you say "Quack Quack"?
Old 07-05-2006 | 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Took it for a spin yesterday. ****** **** that thing has a lot of bottom end grunt! I was impressed with the LS1's bottom end, but damn, my car's not even close to that torque output. Spins right up to redline quickly and shifts nice from 1st to 2nd too.

New GTO or Camaro for me in '09 if they're out by then.