Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Updates Ellis, Cory, Tyler others

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006 | 09:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
WOO-HOO, I got a phone call from ATI today. At the moment I WILL have my blower back on Saturday with a new shaft, bearings, seals, impeller, and pulley for 12 psi. YES!!!

SWEET!!!! That thing is going to be a beast!
Old 08-03-2006 | 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Went to get car and waited around, they come out and tell me car won't be ready. they broke a exhaust manifold bolt putting exhaust back on. So i say just pull stud and put a bolt in. They then break off the stud remaining. So, now tommorrow, but I don't know if I will run it (Friday) as i won't have any miles on the disc? Allthough all I need is a couple hundred, ah hell, I may just break it in at the track, it's just money . I guess I am not the only one having issue after issue, but it has been 5 months for me. I will be ready for the 19 come hell or high water, and sooner i suspect.
Robert
Old 08-03-2006 | 10:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Went to get car and waited around, they come out and tell me car won't be ready. they broke a exhaust manifold bolt putting exhaust back on. So i say just pull stud and put a bolt in. They then break off the stud remaining. So, now tommorrow, but I don't know if I will run it (Friday) as i won't have any miles on the disc? Allthough all I need is a couple hundred, ah hell, I may just break it in at the track, it's just money . I guess I am not the only one having issue after issue, but it has been 5 months for me. I will be ready for the 19 come hell or high water, and sooner i suspect.
Robert
I swear it seems to be one hell of a summer........huh?

I mean you got Ellis with his opti spark issues and never getting the time to fix his damn car; you with your broke output shaft and clutch issues, me and my wiring/power steering pump issues; Mark and his S/C issues; Ryan with his boost/tuning issues I mean what is going on in the F/Y-body realm???

What the ****!!! Why can't we all just get this stuff done and out to the track to knock down some 10 second passes already/
Old 08-03-2006 | 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

My wife knows everything I do to my car for the most part, maybe thats why its still slow.
Old 08-04-2006 | 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

I'm seeing my personal cycle as one YEAR building followed by one race season developing and collecting timeslips. WIll I escape the cycle? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? [Answer: The world may never know]
Old 08-04-2006 | 12:17 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Tyler Tyler Tyler. You broke the cardinal rule. Let me help. NEVER EVER share what the project is costing with your mate. This can ONLY lead to discontent in the family.

Tyler Ellis has offered some wisedom and I will add another golden relationship rule. Ask for forgivenss rather than permission.
Old 08-04-2006 | 12:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by turbo50
My wife knows everything I do to my car for the most part, maybe thats why its still slow.
I will take your slow times over mine ANY day.
Old 08-04-2006 | 01:58 AM
On The Tree

hell, I'll take running down the street... or any timeslip for that matter. i have yet to drive my RX7 farther than taking it off the trailer to where it now sits.... and it was being pushed. going on 5 months now.
at least I got to drive the donor camaro around the driveway, onto and off of the trailer...
Old 08-04-2006 | 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

I'm waiting for the rings to get here so I can finish the refresh and get the motor back in. Was hoping to do that this weekend but I guess I'll go sailing instead.
Old 08-07-2006 | 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

I drove my pile today!! It's loud as **** and needs to have the down low timing bumped up a fair bit but I don't have time today. I think the clutch is slipping, either that or the engine just sounds about twice as loud as I am expecting for the RPM. No gauges are hooked up (or in the car for that matter) so I won't be able to do any tuning or anything until I get a laptop to borrow and hook up!
Old 08-07-2006 | 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Poik
I drove my pile today!! It's loud as **** and needs to have the down low timing bumped up a fair bit but I don't have time today. I think the clutch is slipping, either that or the engine just sounds about twice as loud as I am expecting for the RPM. No gauges are hooked up (or in the car for that matter) so I won't be able to do any tuning or anything until I get a laptop to borrow and hook up!
Congrats! I'm jealous...

I still got 49 error codes... and no shifting- verified today.
Old 08-08-2006 | 12:49 AM
10 Second Club

The update is good
Old 08-08-2006 | 01:06 AM
TECH Veteran

We almost have the attorney paid off...for now then HOPE to settle this for good by November. Its tough to spend any money when we are never sure which month their side will send us on a 12 hour (@ $250 per hour) hunt for proof but it won't make the light of day next April in Federal Court

Hoping two things:
John doesn't spend more than a month away again for a hurricane but his position changed so he's now in charge of ops center

The house is finished outside and in with all the free crap I've picked up (paing, carpet, trim) along with the furnace.

Still holding on to the TA no matter how temping it is to sell it and pay the atty in full, no way to get that back regardless of the work they both will need and get by next spring
Old 08-08-2006 | 02:04 AM
TECH Addict

So my in tank pump turned out to be junk when I hooked it up, which sucks because I was relying on it to get the fuel from the tank up to the mechanical pump on the block. The main pump works, but it is designed for mechanical fuel injection (90+PSI) and my pressure regulator isn't supposed to receive anything above 10psi. So I did the next best thing.. Yeah, I'm ghetto. Pics!

And here is my messy *** garage that I am soon to abandon at the end of the month:
Old 08-08-2006 | 03:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Damn dude I thought my garage was a mess....I need to show my wife this
Old 08-08-2006 | 08:24 AM
10 Second Club

NICE paint job. You must have let Doug polish your car, eh Eric?
Old 08-08-2006 | 09:43 AM
TECH Addict

The garage was spotless before I started this whole project can you believe it? I had both my camaro and red volvo parked in there with room to spare for my toolss Gutting a car seems to make a mess!

Yeah, Doug said it would buff right out but I think he just made it worse! You know how certain colors on certain makes of cars always get sun spots? I have only seen one car my color with intact paint.. Doesn't matter though, I think Electron Blue with black trim will look good!
Old 08-29-2006 | 03:32 AM
On The Tree

I'm stoked! this weekend I made a big milestone with my RX7 ls1 project. I finished the cooling, intake, and fuel systems and got it started up. it started after only a couple revolutions, after purging the air from the fuel lines. checked fuel lines, no leaks, same with cooling lines. i left the O2 sensors off, since i haven't finished the exhaust past the headers, but it seemed to run fine. surprisingly, it's not that loud for having open headers on it.

but not all is good... I have a few bugs to sort out:
-it didn't turn off with the key, had to pull a main fuse. once pulled the key will still start/run it w/o the fuse. hmmm...
-SES light didn't come on.( no O2 sensors + no light... ???? )
-tach is not working (i must have grabbed the wrong wire at C-105)
- VATS must be disabled (I set up a removable bypass, but it had no effect.)

I guess I got enough wiring correct to get it going, but obviously I made a few mistakes somewhere... or the car has other issues. I'm helping my brother with painting his house the next couple days then i'll get back to sorting it all out. can't wait to drive it, even though I don't have a limited slip diff in it yet... it's a one-leg wonder for now.
Old 08-29-2006 | 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AndreS
I'm stoked! this weekend I made a big milestone with my RX7 ls1 project. I finished the cooling, intake, and fuel systems and got it started up. it started after only a couple revolutions, after purging the air from the fuel lines. checked fuel lines, no leaks, same with cooling lines. i left the O2 sensors off, since i haven't finished the exhaust past the headers, but it seemed to run fine. surprisingly, it's not that loud for having open headers on it.

but not all is good... I have a few bugs to sort out:
-it didn't turn off with the key, had to pull a main fuse. once pulled the key will still start/run it w/o the fuse. hmmm...
-SES light didn't come on.( no O2 sensors + no light... ???? )
-tach is not working (i must have grabbed the wrong wire at C-105)
- VATS must be disabled (I set up a removable bypass, but it had no effect.)

I guess I got enough wiring correct to get it going, but obviously I made a few mistakes somewhere... or the car has other issues. I'm helping my brother with painting his house the next couple days then i'll get back to sorting it all out. can't wait to drive it, even though I don't have a limited slip diff in it yet... it's a one-leg wonder for now.
That's a cool project! Got any pix of it so far? Should be scary fast and a blast to drive when it's done.
Old 09-01-2006 | 11:57 PM
TECH Regular

Some of you just need a different woman. At this point, if Jamie starts complaining about something, I mention I'm considering selling one of the toys, and she tells me NO. She loves of em just as much as me.

And as some of you may know, you are all my disciples in the religion and practice of jackstand racing. After 2+ full years I had enough of the bottomless pit, and changes of direction, to finally sell it for something thats EASY to work on (imagine that concept!).

I didn't create the art of Jackstand Racing, I just defined it back at the beginning of this century.....