Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

P.I.R tonight

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default P.I.R tonight

Well gonna give it another shot while the car seems to be fixed. I havent been to Portland before, maybe I'll have better luck. Its a lot closer anyway.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Well gonna give it another shot while the car seems to be fixed. I havent been to Portland before, maybe I'll have better luck. Its a lot closer anyway.
If you're not running slicks, be careful on the 1-2 shift. Hooks good out of the hole, but it's a skating rink once you get out there. Saw a Viper almost hit the wall, along with a few other high hp cars with street tires.

Good luck,
Mike
Old 08-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
If you're not running slicks, be careful on the 1-2 shift. Hooks good out of the hole, but it's a skating rink once you get out there. Saw a Viper almost hit the wall, along with a few other high hp cars with street tires.

Good luck,
Mike
fuggin great! thx for the warning
Old 08-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Banned

Ok, no incidents with the wall but the ******* car is damn slow. I cant break 108 to save my life and the nitrous didnt fire again. I found loose screws on the WOT switch and am thinking there in lies the n2o problem. I have an electronic controller so I'm going to the TPS switch instead now and see if that takes care of it.

13.29 at 108 with a 2.18 60' WTF!!! Toms shop this week for sure now. How the **** can I tell if my clutch is the issue? I never smell it.
I'm not at the end of my rope but I'm inching towards it. ******* car is almost starting to really **** me off.

Now as far as the track goes... there are a lot more people there than Woodburn. Good variety of cars, I met a few people and got a few compliments. Everyone said there is an issue with my car to account for the poor trap speeds so I guess I feel better about it but its like peeing yourself to get warm. Just isnt good no matter how good it feels
Old 08-13-2006, 01:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Ok, no incidents with the wall but the ******* car is damn slow. I cant break 108 to save my life and the nitrous didnt fire again. I found loose screws on the WOT switch and am thinking there in lies the n2o problem. I have an electronic controller so I'm going to the TPS switch instead now and see if that takes care of it.

13.29 at 108 with a 2.18 60' WTF!!! Toms shop this week for sure now. How the **** can I tell if my clutch is the issue? I never smell it.
I'm not at the end of my rope but I'm inching towards it. ******* car is almost starting to really **** me off.

Now as far as the track goes... there are a lot more people there than Woodburn. Good variety of cars, I met a few people and got a few compliments. Everyone said there is an issue with my car to account for the poor trap speeds so I guess I feel better about it but its like peeing yourself to get warm. Just isnt good no matter how good it feels
What time did you leave? I got there about 10ish or so and didn't see you. Saw a white LT1 car lay down a 11.30 though. That was pretty cool.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Banned

I left there at about 9. I got there at 6 made 4 runs and left discusted. There were some nice cars there last night and a semi big crowd of spectators. Lot different than Woodburn. I had a good time. Cool people, no attitudes very mixed crowd of old to young. Just wish my car would perform better so I could enjoy it more. Nothing worse than chasing demons the whole time. I've got 4 slips. they're all at 108 pmh(piles mer hours) and 13.3 13.4 13.2 13.3
with 2.2 60's one 2.1
Old 08-14-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The white LT1 car, I know his name is Dustin and Wong built the engine in that car last year. It is a runner. I was out on Friday night and all day Sunday @ PIR. Friday night had very few cars in comparison to other nights.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing
The white LT1 car, I know his name is Dustin and Wong built the engine in that car last year. It is a runner. I was out on Friday night and all day Sunday @ PIR. Friday night had very few cars in comparison to other nights.
Is that the car that got my Crower RR's and Oliver billet rods I sold to Wong last year? **** if I would've known that I would stuck around and BS'd with him. No wonder the car's so fast,,,,, it's got some of my parts in there.

Mike
Old 08-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Banned

I wonder if thats the car Tom was telling me about. I was talking to him and he said he had a camaro in there with 40 less hp than me go 11.9 week before. Did it have pearl white paint with flames?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:44 AM
TECH Regular

I thought the week before when Wong was out at the track and Dustin too, he went 11.47 because Wong said he better be careful because he doesn't have a cage. But yes Pearl white 383 LT1 (with Mikey's old slow a$$ parts) lol
Old 08-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Banned

I met him at Toms, he actualy cut the bump stops out for with w/Toms plasma cutter. We talked for a bit. To bad I missed him at the track I know he would have wanted to run me. Would have kicked my *** but it still would have been fun.

I'm going on a fun run with some SRT-4's to Hagg lake this Saturday coming and we're supposed to go to PIR after. Maybe I'll see him there and you there. My number is 1142c, I'm the slow black camaro. Cant mis me. Only slow black camaro in the crowd...
Old 08-14-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Regular

I won't be there this weekend. Taking the wife to the coast for her birthday. Have fun and be safe