Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Wa state driver's beware...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rottluver
So why did I see a WSP officer pulling someone over in an unmarked Chevy Astro (type) van the other day? Just curious where your info is from? I am sure the poster was just for effect but they can/do seize vehicles and re-use them for unmarked patrol, DARE (if WSP does DARE) and other law enforcement uses.

As for the Camaro being long gone.......I have seen a white one (marked'ish) as recently as a few months ago as have others on the board in the Lynnwood/Everett stretch of I-5. Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to clear the air & find out where your info is from.
Sorry, your right. My info sucks. But if you must know, I am a Trooper and I drive on of the above said vehicles. They are ADAT cars which stands for Aggressive Driver Apprehension Team. There are many other vehicles in the patrol. The van was probably an commercial vehicle enforcement Trooper or some other type. I just went to a summit meeting with all of the ADAT Troopers from around the state in Renton not more than two weeks ago.

I drove a white Volvo back in the day but it is long gone. When vehicles hit 100.000 miles the WSP tries to get rid of them. Granted that does not always work and there are a lot of cars over that but they are on a list to be turned in.

The patrol only has 8 Chargers that they are testing right now. For those who worry about their hard earned tax money they are only $700 more than a Crow Vic.

You also have to take into consideration the fact that detectives have totally unmarked cars as well and I have seen many types of those. So I guess if you want to get very technical there are some other vehicles out there but not many. The entire ADAT fleet consists of Impala's and Chargers right now. Hopefully going to all Chargers if it was my choice.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, we have a white unmarked Ford Taurus running around here in Monroe also. I've seen it a few times. Plus the Magnum I saw a couple weeks ago...And I know there are more that I've not seen..
Old 08-19-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by silver2000WS6
Sorry, your right. My info sucks. But if you must know, I am a Trooper and I drive on of the above said vehicles. They are ADAT cars which stands for Aggressive Driver Apprehension Team. There are many other vehicles in the patrol. The van was probably an commercial vehicle enforcement Trooper or some other type. I just went to a summit meeting with all of the ADAT Troopers from around the state in Renton not more than two weeks ago.

I drove a white Volvo back in the day but it is long gone. When vehicles hit 100.000 miles the WSP tries to get rid of them. Granted that does not always work and there are a lot of cars over that but they are on a list to be turned in.

The patrol only has 8 Chargers that they are testing right now. For those who worry about their hard earned tax money they are only $700 more than a Crow Vic.

You also have to take into consideration the fact that detectives have totally unmarked cars as well and I have seen many types of those. So I guess if you want to get very technical there are some other vehicles out there but not many. The entire ADAT fleet consists of Impala's and Chargers right now. Hopefully going to all Chargers if it was my choice.
Ah yes, kinda like when the CHP went to "odd colored" 'marked' cars for commercial enforcement......yet they managed to see 18 wheels under many a car going 80+

Nice to see another donut-eating face on the board (former in my case).......it is rough taking all the abuse these people can dish out.......now we can split the abuse-taking duties.

One of my good friends was a Chippie and even he told me it was hard to keep track of all the different cars the Dept was testing, using or confiscating and putting to work in the fleet.......several thousand officers (I don't recall the exact numbers) is a fairly large Dept and too hard to keep up with every lil thing that goes on.

Quick Reply: Wa state driver's beware...