Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Good day, bad night...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 01:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Good to hear you got to make some runs with it and daym! Its got a great paint job for its age! Now you know what "little" mods you want in the future

A guy down the road has a late 80's C4, red, keeps it outside under the trees and rarely drives it. That just drives me nuts to see it parked outside all the time with weeds growing round it

Did you not have time to get the alt rebuilt? There is a place up in Lynnwood that does a great job with a core credit regardless of rebuild or new - turnaround is usually 24 hours for far less than new. I can never remember the name of the place but know where it is...if there is a next time I'll send you directions

Keep hitting it!
Yeah, it is pretty sad when you see that... the other day I was at Schuck's and some guy got out of a red (at least it looked like it used to be red) late 80's C4, and it was in junkyard-esque condition. Paint was badly sun damaged, dents, dings, etc. everywhere, bald-*** tires, dirty as sin, cracked windshield, etc. Terrible shape... how can you feel good about driving something like that?

The previous owner of my '91 obviously took really good care of it... so I'm thankful for that. Now I just have to maintain it, make sure it keeps on looking good.

As for the alternator, I had to turn that in as a core on the one I bought... just bought a decent OEM replacement from a parts store. Had to just get what was available on a sunday since the car was stuck in my friend's driveway.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gotta get a new battery too. As some of you know, mine took a crap on me in the staging lanes right in front of Ellis. Had to push my ghetto-bird out of the way and get it jumped.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rokko
I gotta get a new battery too. As some of you know, mine took a crap on me in the staging lanes right in front of Ellis. Had to push my ghetto-bird out of the way and get it jumped.

Damn.

Reminds me of my first time I raced the Cobra (before it was mine) my knee hit the boost-a-pump voltage switch and ran it all the way out to lean. It killed the car at the line in the burnoutbox - could hardly do a burnout - then killed it at the line and rolled through the light.

Restarted it and ran a 14.7 @ 116.

Quick Reply: Good day, bad night...