Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

CETA + Amateur.....no good

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006 | 12:39 PM
TECH Regular

Default CETA + Amateur.....no good

I've had my car for about 2 weeks now and have been dying to do some kind of appearance mod. I always loved the CETA look, especially on Torch Red T/A's, so I thought I would dive into the project. I read a "how to" on here and went into the garage and started to take off the bumper. I got the headlights and rear center section taken out. Basically everything was going smoothly until I went to get the pull clips out. 2 of them came out just fine, but the outsie ones on the top on each corner would not budge AT ALL. I tried everything I could imagine to get them out and no luck. After frustration had finally sank in I said screw it and decided to just put everything back in it's orginal place. Now the bumper isn't flush and I cannot get one of the fender screws back in. I now not only have a car w/ no CETA mod, I now have a car w/ no CETA mod w/ no non-flush looking rear bumper. I knew since I had NO experience taking on and off body parts that I should have just left it alone, but after reading the "how to" it seemed simple enough I thought I'd try it. THAT'S WHAT I GET FOR THINKING!!!

RANT OVER....
Old 09-01-2006 | 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe just try a different day, that can be it sometimes...
Old 09-01-2006 | 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

yes we would know abuot that
Old 09-02-2006 | 11:06 AM
TECH Regular

Well I took your advice. I let myself cool down and decided to wait until another time to do the project. That time was about 1 hour after I posted this thread haha. I tried over and over and over to get the bumper off and I finally did!!! So I began primering and painting and things seemed to go pretty. Putting the bumper back on was a PITA but I did get it back on. It still doesn't sit as flush like I'd like it, but at least I got the project completed. I'll have pictures up in a day or so!!!

Quick Reply: CETA + Amateur.....no good