Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Well I finally got the wife her bike....

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006 | 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up Well I finally got the wife her bike....

Its a 2006 susuki GSXR 600. It was the last one they had and it was on sell due to the arival of the new 07's. So we got it for a great deal and it only had 2 miles on it.

The bike is really really nice. Its got gear indicators, a shift light, and all kinds of goodies. This is the last year this color scheme will be available and Cindy really wanted that color..........So I took some extra time for lunch. Man did she get a hell of a surprise when she got home.

The bike has 125hp and weighs 354lbs and has like a 16000rpm redline! Cindy drove it home very well and looked very natural riding it.........however you could tell her confidence isn't quite there yet. That will come with time and practice. Not to mention she should be going to PR to get some lessons on road racing, etc.

Well here are some of the few pics we have to date.
Attached Thumbnails Well I finally got the wife her bike....-dsc04098.jpg   Well I finally got the wife her bike....-dsc04099.jpg   Well I finally got the wife her bike....-dsc04100.jpg   Well I finally got the wife her bike....-dsc04101.jpg  
Old 09-13-2006 | 11:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Congrats Cindy, know we both can take our bikes to PR and line them up and see who does the quiker ET, as we still have time and dates.
Robert
Old 09-13-2006 | 11:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56@NitrousDirect
Congrats Cindy, know we both can take our bikes to PR and line them up and see who does the quiker ET, as we still have time and dates.
Robert
Thanks for the compliment. I'll be sure to pass it along to her...........as she'll appreciate it more.

Now on to business........

Dude.......that bike would eat your cruiser up and **** it out! Even if you were spraying nitrous on it.

I'm just messing with you! Her bike is fast as hell though! Its supposed to run mid 10's off the show room floor. But she don't have NEAR the skills to run it anywhere near that.
Old 09-13-2006 | 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

I've never known anyone to actually run near what the factory rating was on there bike in the quarter.

mine is supposed to run high 10's/low 11's
I might take it out one day,
hoping for low 12's

but
I'm always looking for riding partners.
Old 09-13-2006 | 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

I know it/she would hand my lunch to me, that's why I want to do it NOW, maybe I can sneak a win in. I would aim my purge towards her, and blast it right before launch, then when she looks to see what the hey, it's green and I am gone.

Edit: I replied in the dyno thread, but it won't show post, act like ya are going to add a reply and you see what I posted.
Robert
Old 09-14-2006 | 12:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by KrautBurner
I've never known anyone to actually run near what the factory rating was on there bike in the quarter.

mine is supposed to run high 10's/low 11's
I might take it out one day,
hoping for low 12's

but
I'm always looking for riding partners.
Your totally right! Not to mention she has like 30 minutes of riding time on that bike. But don't be confused because its only a 600. That ****** is fast!
Old 09-14-2006 | 12:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56@NitrousDirect
I know it/she would hand my lunch to me, that's why I want to do it NOW, maybe I can sneak a win in. I would aim my purge towards her, and blast it right before launch, then when she looks to see what the hey, it's green and I am gone.

Edit: I replied in the dyno thread, but it won't show post, act like ya are going to add a reply and you see what I posted.
Robert
We'll be making a visit to show you the bike here in before too long..........weather permitting of course.
Old 09-14-2006 | 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Run for pinks? :p j/k
Old 09-14-2006 | 01:55 AM
Launching!

Beautiful ride!!!!!!

That rocket is a natural for the twisties of a road course

Jon, get her lessons for sure and tell her to be safe.

Perry
Old 09-14-2006 | 02:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Please talk to my husband. Cindy has a husband that knows how to treat her right!

I wanted and spent two weeks checking out bikes in late 2004, the Shadow 700 fit me best and was easiest to handle. I'd like some open road cruise time, unfortunately they don't look quite as cool as Cindy's but then again - I'm old so it needs to look geractric
Old 09-14-2006 | 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GEARHED
I wanted and spent two weeks checking out bikes in late 2004, the Shadow 700 fit me best and was easiest to handle. I'd like some open road cruise time, unfortunately they don't look quite as cool as Cindy's but then again - I'm old so it needs to look geractric
Whether or not it has flashy graphics on it and 100+ hp doesn't make it cool. No need to waste your own hard-earned time/money if it only appeals to the masses and not yourself. Whether or not it fits your needs/wants is what makes it cool.
Old 09-14-2006 | 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

Congrats to Cindy! That's a very nice Bike! I know how much she wanted one and now she's got it! You really are a great Husband
Old 09-14-2006 | 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

From one bike ride to a new one..... Congrats and ride safe.

That is a very nice bike.
Old 09-14-2006 | 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rollin Black
Beautiful ride!!!!!!

That rocket is a natural for the twisties of a road course

Jon, get her lessons for sure and tell her to be safe.

Perry
Absolutely! She wants to take some leasons from the pros out at PR. But she already has taken a couple saftey courses here in town. One class was three 8 hour days.
Old 09-14-2006 | 11:13 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Please talk to my husband. Cindy has a husband that knows how to treat her right!

Thanks for the compliment!

And Cindy isn't a young'n. She is 38years old. She has rode dirt bikes when she was younger, but now she has the urge to hit the streets

That bike was the only sport bike we could find that fit her well. She can put both feet on the ground and she couldn't with any of the competitors.

I wanted her to get something more cruise oriented, but she wanted that bike and we all know how that goes. I wouldn't want someone to force something I didn't want on me.

Last edited by 00Vette; 09-14-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-14-2006 | 11:22 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1BAD95Z
Congrats to Cindy! That's a very nice Bike! I know how much she wanted one and now she's got it! You really are a great Husband
Thanks! She was really excited when she saw it. You should have seen the look on her face!
Old 09-14-2006 | 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey congrats on the bike!!! I worked for a dealer as the service manager before i came in the navy. They are a great all around bike for a new rider and are very fast for a 600! My best time on a GSX1300R was a 9.5X and that scared the **** out of me!!!! I'm looking at getting a bike next summer!
Old 09-14-2006 | 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by B-RAD2
Hey congrats on the bike!!! I worked for a dealer as the service manager before i came in the navy. They are a great all around bike for a new rider and are very fast for a 600! My best time on a GSX1300R was a 9.5X and that scared the **** out of me!!!! I'm looking at getting a bike next summer!
Thats one hell of a time. I bet that was scary, especially with no cage or anything surrounding you!

I too may be looking into getting a bike next summer. We'll see what happens! I'm thinking something like a GSXR 750 or something like that. I don't want anything much bigger and especially not like the busa!
Old 09-14-2006 | 02:27 PM
TECH Regular

To me it isn't that scary. In fact trapping around 110 in my Camaro "FEELS" faster than when I trap 140 on the bike. I have a 05 1000 GSXR and run 9.8-9.9. It is a blast IMO.
Old 09-14-2006 | 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Thats one hell of a time. I bet that was scary, especially with no cage or anything surrounding you!

I too may be looking into getting a bike next summer. We'll see what happens! I'm thinking something like a GSXR 750 or something like that. I don't want anything much bigger and especially not like the busa!
Ya it wasn't bad untill they told me what i ran then i got scared . I'm looking for a 750 also . It's been the top all around buke you can buy for speed and curves. i just have some bills to pay off first .

Brad

Quick Reply: Well I finally got the wife her bike....