Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very true!
Old 09-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

That's a tough one, i'd still have a hard time intentionally wrecking a car I put alot of time and money into. Although, if I knew somebody else was going to get it, I might just turn off the rev limiter and hold the pedal to the floor until it blew after I hit everything I could to totally wreck it beyond recognition.

I wonder how long it is until somebody does this to a car they lose in pink?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rokko
I agree totally, but then that Rich meat-head that starts the races and likes to wave around and show off his big manly biceps wouldn't get any airtime. I was there and the whole time he wasn't negotiating he was too busy making sure his short sleeves were rolled up all the way so his arms would show.
Someone, sometime is going to kick his azz.
Robert
Old 09-26-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't like it. I finally got the speed channel just to watch it. I was like eh...How about using a tree and no whinning...
Old 09-26-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2001ramairconv
I read the other day that Rich doesn't know anything about cars. All he does is work out and watch TV in his off time. I guess thats why they have "technical" experts on hand. The show is cool sometimes but you would think the host would be interested in cars. But I guess that's not a requirement to have a show. O-well it is entertaining most of the time.
The host is a pitch man/promoter of TV shows. He got the idea for Pinks and decided he wanted to be the host too. I wrote them after the first episode and asked for more technical info on the cars. They answered my email and in time they made the additon. The show has evolved over time. The technical experts were racers in the first season (one is a 5.0 owner).

A few weeks ago I talked to one of the handlers at PR and he told me that Pinks asked Blood Enterprises to bring a car -with the only restriction being "no Mustangs." He also told me that Pinks would test run the car to see how fast it was in order to insure a matched race. Bloods was not interested, but recommended other shops in the area. This info is hearsay, but I thought I'd pass it along.

The problem with heads up racing is that it is often clear who has the fastest car and that would be the end of the story and the end of the show. Maybe another show could try a different format -covering the build and the preparation and then a single heads up run. For Pinks, the lack of timing lights leaves more unknown and makes the negotiations more critical. The best teams are going to need to con the technical experts and the host as much as con the other race team. As time goes by, I see the role of the host evolving from facilitator to judge. I think it's an interested study in character when racers are put under that kind of pressure. I don't like all aspects of the show, but if it gets people more interested in racing, that is another plus.

Last edited by esoteric; 09-26-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by esoteric
The host is a pitch man/promoter of TV shows. He got the idea for Pinks and decided he wanted to be the host too. I wrote them after the first episode and asked for more technical info on the cars. They answered my email and in time they made the additon. The show has evolved over time. The technical experts were racers in the first season (one is a 5.0 owner).

A few weeks ago I talked to one of the handlers at PR and he told me that Pinks asked Blood Enterprises to bring a car -with the only restriction being "no Mustangs." He also told me that Pinks would test run the car to see how fast it was in order to insure a matched race. Bloods was not interested, but recommended other shops in the area. This info is hearsay, but I thought I'd pass it along.

The problem with heads up racing is that it is often clear who has the fastest car and that would be the end of the story and the end of the show. Maybe another show could try a different format -covering the build and the preparation and then a single heads up run. For Pinks, the lack of timing lights leaves more unknown and makes the negotiations more critical. The best teams are going to need to con the technical experts and the host as much as con the other race team. As time goes by, I see the role of the host evolving from facilitator to judge. I think it's an interested study in character when racers are put under that kind of pressure. I don't like all aspects of the show, but if it gets people more interested in racing, that is another plus.
I like the one race where the guy was one race from taking the other car. so the other team neg that he unhook his nitrous. he agreed, and proceeded to kick his azz anyway. After the race he stated the nitrous kit was just a dummy prop set-up, he was running all motor all the time. That's why I have so many noids and lines, they would never know for sure what I unhooked, or if i did. If ya can't beat them with muscle, baffle em with confusion.
Robert
Robert
Old 09-27-2006, 03:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't understand why the tree isn't used though.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by My1st Truck
I don't understand why the tree isn't used though.
Come on Mike, are you loaded or what?

See post 16 or 24
Old 09-27-2006, 08:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This show is basicly Street racing on TV. Can't remember the last time I saw a Christmas tree at the street races?
Old 09-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
This show is basicly Street racing on TV. Can't remember the last time I saw a Christmas tree at the street races?
I can, down in Kent, Ewing and Roarke all all their buddies used to roll in with cars on trailers with a tree in the warehouse district about 10-15 years ago.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:14 AM
11 Second Club

any word on when the PR races will air?

I thought I read it somewhwere (and it's later this month), but searched and couldnt find it
Old 02-08-2007, 07:18 AM
11 Second Club

just did some google searching

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=75510654

The PINKS new season kicks off with the Pacific Raceways episodes that were taped on Sept. 23, 2006. The episodes will air on the SPEED channel as follows: Blake Foster (Canada) versus Brian Macy (Wash, USA) on Wednesday, February 21st at 6:30pm Jim Evans (Idaho) versus Ron Buckholz (Wash.) on Wednesday, March 7th.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Addict

Sweet! Finally get to see it on tv! Me, Rokko, and Jewbacca are up front near the starting line.

We'll be signing autographs later...

Quick Reply: Pinks