Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Pinks

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pinks

Pinks was great, a great show for sure. Corvette, 4 out of 4. Lots of nice looking women also.
Robert
Old 09-24-2006, 01:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea it was awsome, its to bad that Chevelle couldn't hook worth **** otherwise it would have been more fun to watch. He also almost lost it in that last run he did. And what happened to the rumors of that 69 having a blown LS2?
Old 09-24-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FattyMcTrickle
Yea it was awsome, its to bad that Chevelle couldn't hook worth **** otherwise it would have been more fun to watch. He also almost lost it in that last run he did. And what happened to the rumors of that 69 having a blown LS2?
Yea when he was all over the track, I was thinking that it was like my madien voyage with the 235 hit, hehehehehe, he kept getting back into it though.
Robert
Old 09-24-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

The Chevelle was a throttle stop car set-up to compete-in that 10.90 dial-in class (forgot the name). I suspect that the car hooked fine when the electronics fed the power gradually so the car ran the number (10.90), but when he tried to go flat out... no traction. The owner didn't do his homework!
!

Last edited by esoteric; 09-24-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

I've seen the Chevelle launch before. He is a regular out there. Heard something about old tires but who knows...
Old 09-24-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LSxChevelle
I've seen the Chevelle launch before. He is a regular out there. Heard something about old tires but who knows...
Is he a regular during the Friday night bracket racing?
Old 09-24-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Regular

Insult to injury was added when the guys towing my car home for me didnt want to go see Pinks. Oh well, at least my car is home safe and sound.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

The Chevelle is Ron Buckholz, he runs Super Street in Division 6. Seen him go rounds so I know he can drive...
Old 09-25-2006, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

That was a blast!!! I'm glad I went, great racing for sure...
Old 09-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by esoteric
The Chevelle was a throttle stop car set-up to compete-in that 10.90 dial-in class (forgot the name). I suspect that the car hooked fine when the electronics fed the power gradually so the car ran the number (10.90), but when he tried to go flat out... no traction. The owner didn't do his homework!
!
The owner didn't even attempt his homework. His tire warming burnouts for the first two runs were pathetic at best. I do better smoke shows than he did at the track. Then whining about track prep being subpar and not being in the correct groove. Gimme a break. He deserves to lose his car if he didn't even try to run it flat out for a few weeks beforehand AND had bad tires on it. He took a stick to a gunfight.

Nobody else had problems hooking, that vette carried the wheels for a good 25-30 feet on each run and in both lanes. As did both cars in the first race.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

Well like I hear from a lot of complainers, "Seattle has no traction..."

Hmmm....and as you can see by the crowd this was just a regular night...(Brad, of coarse)
Old 09-25-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

Managed to hook in this pick...

Old 09-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

My friend lost their car, he said they were out negotiated and out run.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by pro1955
My friend lost their car, he said they were out negotiated and out run.
Out negotiated seems to happen a lot. That is the part of Pinks I really don't care for. Quit BS-ing & line the cars up already. Let's find out who has the faster car & who is the better driver. That IS what drag racing is all about after all.

All that haggling makes it too much like a bunch of cry-baby ricers in Burger King's parking lot on Friday night to me. "You got too big of a bottle......oh wait, you have a V6?!"

Out-run I could take. I'd have NO issue getting beat by a faster car....
Old 09-26-2006, 09:48 AM
Staging Lane

I couldn't agree more, seems like the racers come off looking like whiners. I think they should switch the format to 1st pass heads up using the tree, and negotiate time on the tree after the first pass. Let the drivers cut lights, and stop negotiating on power adders and car lengths. Might not be as good TV, but would make the races better.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pro1955
I couldn't agree more, seems like the racers come off looking like whiners. I think they should switch the format to 1st pass heads up using the tree, and negotiate time on the tree after the first pass. Let the drivers cut lights, and stop negotiating on power adders and car lengths. Might not be as good TV, but would make the races better.
I agree totally, but then that Rich meat-head that starts the races and likes to wave around and show off his big manly biceps wouldn't get any airtime. I was there and the whole time he wasn't negotiating he was too busy making sure his short sleeves were rolled up all the way so his arms would show.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LSxChevelle
Managed to hook in this pick...

Throttle stop cars usually only have to hook out of the hole for a second or two. You know the routine Jason. Then they go half throttle until the predetermined time somewhere down the track and the blades open all the way.

I think that was his problem, he probably never tried wide open blasts out of the hole. Plus, if he indeed did have worn out tires on the car that's not gonna help much either. That last run he was all over the track. I thought for sure he was gonna stuff it in the wall.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Out negotiated seems to happen a lot. That is the part of Pinks I really don't care for. Quit BS-ing & line the cars up already. Let's find out who has the faster car & who is the better driver. That IS what drag racing is all about after all.

All that haggling makes it too much like a bunch of cry-baby ricers in Burger King's parking lot on Friday night to me. "You got too big of a bottle......oh wait, you have a V6?!"

Out-run I could take. I'd have NO issue getting beat by a faster car....
I have a hard time watching it for that reason. I tivo it and just FF to the races.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rokko
That last run he was all over the track. I thought for sure he was gonna stuff it in the wall.
I couldn't believe that after he saved it he nailed it again and almost lost control after he was out of it for sure...
Old 09-26-2006, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Why not? At that point it wasn't his car anymore... drive it like you stole it!

Quick Reply: Pinks