Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Well .... another wreck, another uninsured driver :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006 | 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Default Well .... another wreck, another uninsured driver :(

Only this time we can chalk one up for the good guys With the Oyster run going on right now traffic is nuts. Motorcycles EVERYWHERE. The wife and I decided to take our 1 year old ( as of the 22nd ) Brandon to Anacortes and check out the sites, this is the destination point for the Oyster run. I was coming up on Hwy 20 from La Conner/Whitney rd and was just starting to slow when 2 younger girls in a Toyota Tercel came from the Farmhouse Inn parking lot on my left, straight across La Conner/Whitney as if to shoot across into the gas station parking lot on my right. They never made it. I slammed on my brakes into full anti-lock, but I knew I was going to hit them. At the last second I swerved hard to the right to minimize the impact, and to avoid her passenger door. It's a good thing I did too because the passenger would've been fucked. I hit her directly in the passenger side front tire area.

After the impact they both looked ( finally ! ) my way and I just raised my hands and shrugged my shoulders like " WTF ? " I put it in reverse to get out of the middle of the road and at the same time finished ripping her front wheel off After I parked in the gas station parking lot I walked up to the driver and after asking if they were alright I then asked the big question "you've got insurance right ?" She said no and I just walked off in disgust and called 911.

The score is one slightly bent bumper, and some cracked plastic on my Yukon. And one totalled Tercel on her end. Nobody got hurt, although I'm sure they'll be sore. After the cops did their thing we continued on to Anacortes to finish our day. She stayed where she was with her fist full of tickets haha ! I'll need a front end alignment too, but my conclusion is that Yukon's > Tercel's As a matter of fact Brandon didn't even cry lol !
Old 09-24-2006 | 06:06 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, thats crazy! Glad nobody got hurt!

With your Yukon she is lucky you didn't run her over like a monster truck.
Old 09-24-2006 | 07:21 PM
12 Second Club

Wow sorry there that we just got back from the Oyster run but went through there early this morning. The traffic was insane even on our bikes. Did you have fun at the run even know it didn't start out so good?

Bill
Old 09-24-2006 | 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Damn... glad you're all okay, Bill!

Gotta love physics in car crashes. It's unforgiving... but you stack the odds in your favor with a real SUV!
Old 09-24-2006 | 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

That sucks, Bill. Sorry to hear it. It is a good thing you know how to drive or they would have been FUBAR!
Old 09-24-2006 | 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

You really have to watch out here too. Typical small town with no signs at any but the main intersections. There have been more accidents at the one traffic light than any other intersection. Alot of the young people here drive like nothing will ever happen to them. Plus, if you get a ticket here, your name and offense go into the weekly newspaper. Every Thursday you look to see if there is anyone you know on the list that week. Great entertainment.
Old 09-24-2006 | 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

DAMN glad you and the Family are ok Bill! I have avoided a few very close call's lately. I have actually kept driving the blue car down to a minimum due to the shear stupidity of others lately!
Old 09-25-2006 | 08:00 AM
10 Second Club

Damn Bill, that sucks! Do you have a bullseye on your car? Glad to hear nobody got hurt!!!

Brandon is 1 year old already? Geebus how time flies......
Old 09-25-2006 | 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Glad to hear everyone is ok and you have minimal damage to your Denali. There was a time when I ran around w/ no ins because I couldnt afford it until I realized I can't afford to not have it. Was in a couple not at fault accidents and decided it's not fair for me to be on the road uninsured. It ended up being affordable w/ all the tickets from the past even...
Old 09-25-2006 | 12:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Glad that you & the family are ok and that your SUV didn't sustain much damage.
Old 09-29-2006 | 12:57 AM
TECH Resident

I'm glad you all were ok and a Happy (Belated) Birthday to Brandon!! I can't believe it's already been a year!
Old 09-29-2006 | 12:00 PM

Whenever I drive my terDcel cell on the road I have THE FEAR. I know I am just so much tinfoil to be brushed away by even the smallest of trucks. I will never drive more than a few miles with a passenger and NEVER a family member. Going to sell it off to pick up a road bike so I can be safer. That chick was a retard and should spend a lil time doing community severice at leaste the crap out of her to teach her a lesson.
Old 09-29-2006 | 08:51 PM
12 Second Club

Glad your family is okay, like everyone else can't believe your son is already a year old.

So sounds like a bunch of us are going to hit Pacific on the 15th for one last time, you should come play with us.
Old 10-01-2006 | 12:32 PM
Banned

Ouch, glad everyone is ok (especially you're little boy).
Old 10-01-2006 | 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks guys, it really wasn't too big of a jolt for "us" in the Yukon. Probably felt like a whole differant wreck in the Tercel though
Old 10-01-2006 | 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

I totally missed this post somehow. Glad you, the wife and Brandon are A-OK. Hilarious that Brandon didn't even bat an eye with the impact. Sounds like he's a chip off the old big block.
Old 10-01-2006 | 10:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rokko
I totally missed this post somehow. Glad you, the wife and Brandon are A-OK. Hilarious that Brandon didn't even bat an eye with the impact. Sounds like he's a chip off the old big block.
Yep, what he said

Amazing its been a year already!