Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Need some legal help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Carvers are nice amps!

I'm not saying Jonn is a jerk or anything I'm just saying to try and work it out. If they get the cops involved it might not go the way he wants. The kid on my left thinks he's Keith Moon.I let him practice and dont say anything because he's reasonable about the time's he practices. I can hear his drums, but during the day it's ok with me. He shuts down at night and tries to respect the people around him so I try and be reasonable about it.

It sounds to me like both parties are reasonable people. I think you can work something out to both your likings. Good luck with it!
Old 10-06-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My son's band practiced in my garage in Marysville for about 4 years, after a couple neighbors complained I made him turn it down around 8PM and quit at 10. They had it to where all you could hear from outside was a little bass thump. One guy kept complaining so I told him to get fucked, he called the cops and they came out at 9:30 listened to the noise level and told the neighbor that after 10PM it would be too loud but that he would have to either live with it or move if it really bothered him that much.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:45 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Its a judegment call. I called the police everyday to complain about the little ******* next door riding his dirtbike. They rented the house, he made a track around the house. Try eating diner with a 2 stroke outside your window. I had him busted for riding on a public way, riding without a helmet. Anything I could find to get hm to stop. He paid over $1100 in fines. He was asked nicely not to ride. He had a sick neighbor on one side (very old) and me on the other. Little punk bitch did what he wanted. He paid.

Theres being reasonable with noise and being an ******* as well. 8pm is the shutdown time on my street during the weekdays. Kids have school and most people have to get up and go to work. Its called curteousy. This is a family neghborhood. Friday and Sat night doesn't matter.

You need to look at it from a different perspective. You dont have the right to disturb other people.

These people are being nice and came to you as adults to talk to you. You need to respond in a mature manor. Come to a compromise and try not to be a jerk. Get a cop onsite that agrees with them and you will lose. If you need to play it that loud get headphones. They have as much right as you do. It has nothing to do with being a home owner.

I know I take the un-popular stand. I have kids that need to sleep and I'm old enough to enjoy peace and quiet when it gets dark. So I'm a grumpy sumnabitch when my space gets disturbed.
I see your point but here is the deal!!

When they first moved in I was over at there house helping the OWNER finish up some things like hanging the blinds so the renters would be comfortable when they showed up. They showed up right when we were hanging the blinds and I met them. They weren't very personable to begin with.

Then nothing. No waves or nothing! During my deployment my wife over heard her and some of the other neighbors bad mouthing Cindy and our loud Vette. Not to mention this wonderful neighbor spread some rumors to the other neighbors about Cindy and I being a homosexual couple and that our marriage was a cover up! We found that out just a couple/three weeks ago when we got to talking with some of the other neighbors. Apparently they have pissed all the neighbors off by doing something.........I really don't remember. But that is a testimant to their character.

Now when the husband came to my door at 8-9pm to complain..........I told him that I would turn the music down out of respect for the children, but I don't have to turn it off. And I didn't turn it off! I did some research that was suggested from above posts and found out that the law states that quiet hours are from 7am to 10pm monday through sunday and that after 10pm if the music can be heard from more than 50ft its too loud! Now the way that these houses are built..........50ft is on the other side of their house. Sucks to be them. So by interpretation that means that if you can hear it from the other side of their house or probably from the front yards.......its too loud. BTW, you can't hear it from those places.

Had this family been freindly with the neighbors and us...........and started rumors that crushed Cindy's feelings, I would be MORE than willing to compromise with them. The facts are that I OWN my house and they rent (nothing against renters).....and I should be able to listen to what I want at a reasonable level!
Old 10-06-2006, 10:49 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99LSS1
Jon, I would call your local Copshop and ask them first, and if you can't get answers from them then call City Hall. Someone should know the law at one of those places.
I did that and it helped alot! I don't want to be too much of an ******* because there are children being affected, but I don't like these people one tiny bit.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:52 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Carvers are nice amps!

I'm not saying Jonn is a jerk or anything I'm just saying to try and work it out. If they get the cops involved it might not go the way he wants. The kid on my left thinks he's Keith Moon.I let him practice and dont say anything because he's reasonable about the time's he practices. I can hear his drums, but during the day it's ok with me. He shuts down at night and tries to respect the people around him so I try and be reasonable about it.

It sounds to me like both parties are reasonable people. I think you can work something out to both your likings. Good luck with it!
BTW, the sherrif told me ver batim "we won't respond unless 3 or more people complain about the one complaint due to the volume of noise complaints"
Old 10-06-2006, 10:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Low N Slow
My son's band practiced in my garage in Marysville for about 4 years, after a couple neighbors complained I made him turn it down around 8PM and quit at 10. They had it to where all you could hear from outside was a little bass thump. One guy kept complaining so I told him to get fucked, he called the cops and they came out at 9:30 listened to the noise level and told the neighbor that after 10PM it would be too loud but that he would have to either live with it or move if it really bothered him that much.
That is good to hear!!! The kids could be doing much much worse things. Its good for them to be constructive with music and what not.

When I was a kid, the old man accross the street would yell at me and my parents for pitching a tennis ball against my wooden garage door.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Jon,
I would say just call the Sherriff office and ask them. They would probably appreciate the interest.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ackattack1, & Wahusker when life gives you lemmons (dogs that REPETETDLY **** in your yard) (and CATS, OH my god, freeken CATS!) (MY OWN privet LITTLE HELL!) WELL, you start A new HOBBY,...with Dasiy "TARGET" 22cal. b.b. pistol!! (the exact same action as the rifle) This 'Lil darlen will shoot pellets, B.B.s and,......get this,......DARTS! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, YA, the neighbors dogs pull them right into oncomming traffic to avoid walking near my house!!! and,......cats???? WHAT cats???? Ya sometimes the little guy wins!

Last edited by vetred; 10-07-2006 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Launching!

Did somebody say party at Jon's house?

Old 10-07-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00Vette
and I should be able to listen to what I want at a reasonable level!

Total Office Space moment.

Old 10-08-2006, 03:50 AM
TECH Veteran

We have older neighbours who don't like dogs. Any kind of dogs. Since we are closest they called Animal Control on Ubu (1 of 6 *black* dogs in the area) but I had a video tape of the "That dog is so vicious I can't walk the lane to get my mail" where Ubu is on his lead, sleeping, as he walks down the lane to get his mail. After talking to other neighbours and seeing Ubu sit back until I gave the release command (sorry, he likes Fbodies) then lick him to death he just told me to keep taping the neighbour

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Show to officer of kids antagonizing your dogs for the future - since renters always create a 'future' for you. As an aside the volume level will also be captured. Kind of a bonus in your situation