Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Pacific Raceways road course

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pacific Raceways road course

I looked at Pacific raceways road course an i see they have an open lapping event in march, does anyone know what this consists of? is it like a test n' tune type thing or do you need do to some type of school first? thanx for any info in advance
Old 10-17-2006, 03:02 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Daredevil_TA
I looked at Pacific raceways road course an i see they have an open lapping event in march, does anyone know what this consists of? is it like a test n' tune type thing or do you need do to some type of school first? thanx for any info in advance
I believe you need to have completed a performance driving class beforehand, just so they can make sure you're not going to go out and immediately put your car into a jersey barrier. There are a few guys here that do this, I'm sure they could shed more light on it.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, you have to either take their school or provide proof of previous training. Then you will be required to hire an instructor for the first hour when its been longer than 6 months since you've been on the track or its your first time after taking the school. From there on you can go on your own provided you have not exceeded the 6 month time frame. I myself try to go every 2-3 months but I'm done for the season most likely. Since I do try to stay active I get emails from Don whenever he sees a good day during the winter if we want to hit the track. Trying to forecast if the weather will be good in March is a crap shoot at best. But do it anyway. I took the school a couple of years ago in March and it even hailed on us. My car has never seen hail before until that day.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So they offer a class at Pacific Raceways? anyone know how much it is?
Old 10-19-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Proformance Racing School

It's $475 for the full day class. You spend half the day getting instruction and the second half on the track with a dedicated in-car coach. It seems like a lot, but all of us who have done it will tell you it's the best "driver mod" you'll ever get.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is it open all year round weather permitting of course?
Old 10-21-2006, 02:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Go to the "schedule" link and look for the lines that read the following:

No penalty for registration now and canceling if the chosen date doesn't work for you.

They haven't chosen the dates yet for November/December, but they usually hold it once a month on either a Monday or Tuesday. Once the date is scheduled they hold it rain or shine. It's a learning experience and it's just as valuable to learn your car's limits in the rain...especially around here.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok thanx, do you know of any members on here that do that course, i'd really like to talk to them?
Old 10-22-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Myself, ram-it(blue Z06), and Longdaddy(yellow Z06) go a couple times a year. Yekta(black Camaro), and SeattleCTS-V(black CTS-V) have also gone, but I'm not sure how regular they are. I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones that come to mind.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:04 AM
On The Tree

Me six, but I've been AWOL for a while due to a worn out LT1. I'll be ready for next season though:

I'd be happy to help with any questions you may have. Hopefully I'll see you at the track often next year.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Daredevil_TA
Ok thanx, do you know of any members on here that do that course, i'd really like to talk to them?
There's actually quite a few of us that've been involved with schools/lapping days etc. so you came to the right place to ask questions. I've probably done a couple dozen lapping days and a few schools so ask away with any questions you might have. Jon A is easily the most experienced of us all, I'd listen closely to anything he had to say
Old 10-23-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanx i really appreciate that-do you really need a good suspension setup to race there or would i be okay on stock parts? i just bought some new tires so i have that covered. An if i do need anything what would you recommend?
Old 10-23-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Stock is just fine for starters, but you'll probably want to mod as you get better. I have started modding my suspension and it's been good to actually feel the difference each change makes at the track.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what all have you done so far crisisman?
Old 10-23-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The first thing I did was put more rubber on the rear end. Going from 245 to 275 made a world of difference in my ability to accelerate out of a corner without the rear end breaking loose.

More recently I installed front radius rod bushings, rear crossmember bushings and a differential support. I can feel the difference these have made on the street (more precise steering input and less body motion) and am looking forward to trying it out at the track.

I have a whole list of possible future changes. I try to find the $ to make at least one handling mod each year. (plus one power mod for the straight line fun)
Old 10-23-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok, thanx-thats actually the tire size i upgraded too-i went with Kuhmo Ecsta's 275-40-17 on 17'' Y2K's, i think i'll look into the road racing section an see what i find there-thanx again for your help

Quick Reply: Pacific Raceways road course