Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

xbox 360 with PGR3

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006 | 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Default xbox 360 with PGR3

anybody have one and a live acct? I just picked one up for an early bday present.
Old 10-29-2006 | 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Werd.

Go pick up Test Drive Unlimited and try not getting addicted.

Most importantly, pick up Forza 2 when it's out this Holiday and we'll really have to get some multiplayer races going on.
Old 10-29-2006 | 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

I am holding out for F2. Hopefully it will be better than the first (sorry Tyler but I really thought it was just PGR2 with different scenery and an "imaginary" line to follow around a track).

I had a regular XBox but the hard drive died last summer so I have been without a console for the past couple of months. It sucks having a live account and not being able to play.
Old 10-29-2006 | 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

I loved Forza. It's the closed thing to GT3 out there for the XBOX. Can't wait for the next installment.

Test Drive Unlimited eh? That's on the list. I just got Ghost Recon, Advanced Warfighter. But I'm having a hard time not playing PGR3 right now.
Old 10-29-2006 | 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

Currently playing Burnout: Revenge and feeling the need for a wireless steering comb controller as soon as they get an adapter to let it work on a PC as well... NFS:MW is the other driving game I have but the controls seem a bit too fickle.

I played the first demo for TDU, but seemed kinda blah to me.. NFS:C demo seems like a rehash of the past three in the series, you'd better impress me with Forza 2 - the trailer looked slick

Add "TommydCat" to your friends
Old 10-29-2006 | 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

GamerTag-"Tylerb59"

Speaking of FM2 Trailer. Watch the E3 (first) again and check out the "59" on the Corvette there.
Old 10-29-2006 | 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

XBL: "howierd42"
what a shock, hugh?
Old 10-29-2006 | 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Tylerb59
Speaking of FM2 Trailer. Watch the E3 (first) again and check out the "59" on the Corvette there.
I love easter eggs but I have watched this trailer a dozen times now on several different sites (I can't find it on XBox.com) but I don't really see anything. Maybe it's just the resolution of the movies but it just looks like a 59 painted on a Corvette. Or am I examining the wrong part of the trailer (when the corvette slides into the wall and you see the badges up close). What are we supposed to see?
Old 10-30-2006 | 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol.

That's about it. Just a simple addition to the livery for myself and anyone who knows my screename. "Hey I made that."

I've also used the "59" in the credits which is cool (at least for me) to see, and something to indentify with.
Old 10-30-2006 | 09:10 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry. I was a little dense when I wrote that. I literally woke up at 4am this morning realizing the Tylerb-"59"! Duh. I was hoping I could get on here and delete that post before you replied.

That said, it looks great. Excellent detail. I can't wait to see the final product.
Old 10-30-2006 | 09:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rokko
anybody have one and a live acct? I just picked one up for an early bday present.
I want a 360 but I refuse to pay for an online acccount when the PS2 & the upcoming PS3's are and still will be free to use online. I just can't justify paying to play (lose) against others when I can do it for free on other consoles. However that is not to say that y'all shouldn't enjoy yours. More power to ya for not being as cheap as me.
Old 10-30-2006 | 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I want a 360 but I refuse to pay for an online acccount when the PS2 & the upcoming PS3's are and still will be free to use online. I just can't justify paying to play (lose) against others when I can do it for free on other consoles. However that is not to say that y'all shouldn't enjoy yours. More power to ya for not being as cheap as me.
PS3's gonna be 600 bucks. You gonna buy one of those, Osama Bin Tightwallet?

You better add "PennyPincher" to your sig.
Old 10-30-2006 | 10:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rokko
PS3's gonna be 600 bucks. You gonna buy one of those, Osama Bin Tightwallet?

You better add "PennyPincher" to your sig.
You crack me up.

And I will get the parental units to get it for me for my B-Day.
Old 10-30-2006 | 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

PGR 3 is awsome. Out of every car racing game it is a tie between the Burnout series and the PGR series for me. I never really got into the GT series, I have #4 and after playing it for a few hours I get bored pretty fast. I think the kudos system is just awsome. Never tried Forza (sp?) on the thing. What I am waiting for is Gears of War to come out, looks pretty insane, brother showed me a clip last night and it is a 3rd person shooter that is bloody as hell!

If we have enough people we can try to do a tourny or something on PGR 3, name is Mulas on there. If anyone is up for it they can feel free to play my brother on H2, it blows my mind when I watch him play and just mess people up.

I might buy a PS3 eventually, but they have to have some good tempting games for it. Only reason I bought my PS2 was for the FF series games and other RPG for it. Looks like Square has done a contract with Microsoft and going multiconsole with their games so no more PS exclusives. Multiconsole titles is where the money is at!
Old 10-30-2006 | 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

GT: IA NataSS

I hardly play anymore but Test Drive will suck you in. I never got PGR3 because I knew F2 would be coming. That and I dont really care for arcade car games. Simulators are the fun stuff. I am curious to see how they could have improved on Forza. That game was pretty much spot on.
Old 10-31-2006 | 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

I sent out FR's for everybody last night after I signed up for Live.

Quick Reply: xbox 360 with PGR3