Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Weather

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 04:43 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, if anyone needs it... I have firewood coming out of my ears, too. Don't even need to worry about paying for it... I'll give it to anyone who needs it.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

anyone remember Arron Spitzer? This is his nieborhood. His house it the one that has yet to flood with the big white trailer out front.
Attached Thumbnails Weather-arron2.jpg   Weather-arron1.jpg  
Old 11-07-2006, 11:07 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
anyone remember Arron Spitzer? This is his nieborhood. His house it the one that has yet to flood with the big white trailer out front.
Ouch.

Hey man, you got my number right? Give me a holler if Arron needs any help, I'll be glad to lend a hand.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Ouch.

Hey man, you got my number right? Give me a holler if Arron needs any help, I'll be glad to lend a hand.
He said so far, that's as high as the water got. So he still has a home..can't say much for his neighbors though. All of the houses are built up there. The garages are under the house. They built them that way because they know they are in a flood zone.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Oh, if anyone needs it... I have firewood coming out of my ears, too. Don't even need to worry about paying for it... I'll give it to anyone who needs it.
Hey Zeke, I checked with the local senior center to find if anyone needs any wood, they have given me a few names (contact info) for some elderly folks living on the edge. Its a great way to get rid of firewood.
I'm trying to find some seasoned hardwoods to toss in these batches (they usually only have room for a half cord) and splitting them to 1/8ths so they don't have to. If you have some season hard wood let me know - it would be great to have a hot mix
Old 11-07-2006, 03:55 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Hey Zeke, I checked with the local senior center to find if anyone needs any wood, they have given me a few names (contact info) for some elderly folks living on the edge. Its a great way to get rid of firewood.
I'm trying to find some seasoned hardwoods to toss in these batches (they usually only have room for a half cord) and splitting them to 1/8ths so they don't have to. If you have some season hard wood let me know - it would be great to have a hot mix
I wish I had anything other than douglas fir... I just figured every little bit helps. My neighbors had to sandbag their back yard last night... I haven't seen the Snoqualmie River this high.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Just talked to John - intermittently as he is on two radios, a cell and laptop at the same time.
Nothing compared to what they had to do during Katrina or Rita but plenty of people are being evac'd now from the south end, Skagit valley and they are sending some out to the North Bend area just in case. Most up in the Bellingham area are set up with more sand trucks on the way.

Its weird this year since there were no hurricanes but I did tell him he'd be gone somewhere, just never thought it would be within 20 miles.

Note to everyone: those sand trucks don't get time for a good spraying between runs. Stay waaaaaaaaay back from them or pass as you can safely, they are throwing small rocks and bits of gritty sand like crazy running the freeways for transport.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1BAD95Z
He said so far, that's as high as the water got. So he still has a home..can't say much for his neighbors though. All of the houses are built up there. The garages are under the house. They built them that way because they know they are in a flood zone.
That is tough to hear, hope most were able to get the cars to higher ground before it flooded. If he needs help let us know, I think there are plenty with resouces to get him and the cars out if need be.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:22 PM
teh PuRpL3z

I think Snoqualmie and Fall City are getting it much worse than North Bend is, I heard they evac'ed a good portion of Snoqualmie, and Highway 202 is closed due to water on the roadway.

My GF went out to see if she could get close to Snoqualmie Falls and snap some pictures... should be absolutely spectacular if she can get them.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:59 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Wow, I knew the Snoqualmie River was higher than I'd ever seen it today, but I'm reading now that it broke an all-time record for how much water was flowing through it. No wonder the flooding out here was so bad. Apparently the city of Carnation was completely inacessible due to flooding. I also read that the upper Preston bridge washed out.

Got some pretty awesome pics of Snoqualimie Falls yesterday afternoon, I will have to post them up. There was so much water going over the falls that the spray made it really difficult to get a clear shot.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:17 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Normal flow:

Yesterday at peak, well above flood stage.

About an hour ago... still above flood stage.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Addict

Wow, that's insane.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, thats just crazy! Ellis took some pictures of some of the flooding in Snohomish...what a mess...