Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Thought some racers would find this neat.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006 | 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

Default Thought some racers would find this neat.

If anyone has read any posts by me they know I have a GTP. I like to think of it as a FWD Grand National of sorts with a different sort of F/I.

The aftermarket is fairly small for the 3800 FWD engine and there are really only 3 companies out there that do their best to put parts together to make the cars faster. I logged onto Clubgp and found this post earlier today -

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1

Not to shabby imo for a FWD car! The car is still running on the stock bottom end. nothing touched, in fact it is a used block out of a junker car. They blew one engine when they decided that because they weren't seeing any knock it would be safe to possibly pull the KR sensor. I think the car lasted 5 minutes at cruising speeds until it popped a piston and damaged the block.
Old 11-06-2006 | 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Damn... So when are you ditching that supercharger?
Old 11-06-2006 | 02:56 PM
10 Second Club

You sure it wasn't Bremerton they were racing at

Pretty fast that is for sure!
Old 11-06-2006 | 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Poik
Damn... So when are you ditching that supercharger?
I was planning on staying with it when I first got the car but then after seeing the capability of the turbos I think I may go that way. With one of the bolt on kits they make for the car you can bolt the full kit on (I/C turbo and exhaust for it and the tune) and be capable of low 12's easily and being just a tad under the 400 WHP mark. I still don't know if I want to throw in a cam or just do some 1.9 RR on the car and leave it, should hit it over 400 WHP easily and be able to pull off high 11's to mid 11's on street tires.

I figure that is good enough for a four door family sedan! Goal with the car right now is to be able to outrun the TA with it, currently it can run side by side til the TA hits 3rd (70ish) then it walks away decently quick. Then the fun begins with the TA! Goals with the TA are to be at 400 with a cam/heads then will go F/I, kind of want to advoid going on the juice, but may eventually just so that way I can say that I have before! That is still a year or two down the road though.

Goal is to have them to still be capable of being a DD. Like they say, you can only have two - Fast, Reliable, or Cheap. Myself I am not the cheap kind! I pick the first two! I plan on keeping both cars til they are basically mud in the ground, only way I would part with either if a huge offer came along, say like a Enzo for the TA or something. Ya I wish!
Old 11-06-2006 | 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Damn close to the 8's!!
Old 11-06-2006 | 04:12 PM
On The Tree

that's very impressive... FWD knocking on the 8's w/ a stock bottom end, very cool, indeed!

are they aluminum block/heads too? I know they have a composite intake stock.
Old 11-06-2006 | 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

No Aluminum in the heads/block. Could be wrong on the heads though... the company did just develope some Alum heads IIRC but they haven't actually put them out for sale yet. The 3.8 has a composite intake like what you would see on a LS1 but the S/C is a direct roots blower. IIRC they are useing to large turbos and a S/C. The S/C to get it off the line fast and the Turbos for the top end push. The owner of the Company has a high 9 car that IIRC is just a S/C with big H/C and a big nitrous shot. One other company that did 9's did it with the same S/C they put on the Terminator Cobra's and are pushing close to 600 WHP. Haven't heard much about their car since beginning of summer, to save weight they drilled holes through the frame and despite what everyone said and recommended against it I guess they snapped the craddle in half and the front end of the car was destroyed.
Old 11-06-2006 | 07:17 PM
Banned

GWADAMN! That's a fast little front wheel drive car!

Nate
Old 11-07-2006 | 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

Car number is wrong on the 9.094 pass, that is very impressive for a car driven to the track. I bet its quite a handful to drive, never made a pass in a fast FWD car.

Quick Reply: Thought some racers would find this neat.