Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

new c6 questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Location: Born and raised in Houston, Tx...My Business is based in Seattle,Wa....but I "live" on the Interstates of America.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new c6 questions

I just bought an 07 C6. I know very little about the car. But I do know I want to open the exhaust up with a Catback (and probably High Flow Converters)
And I also would like to put an Air Intake on my car.
However, I live In the State of Washington and will be driving the car down throught Oregon, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona and ending in Texas for a Driving Vacation trip In Dec.
I plan on waiting until I get to Texas for the Exhaust and Intake work instilation....But, I will be driving back up to Washington In January....and weather conditions are a factor.
Which Intake system will be best as to not allow snow and water from building up into the airbox?
Which Intake is a better (Varaam....or Hurricaine?)
Please advise.
Thank you,
Mike Mike
Old 11-11-2006, 04:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by KindaRich$
I just bought an 07 C6. I know very little about the car. But I do know I want to open the exhaust up with a Catback (and probably High Flow Converters)
And I also would like to put an Air Intake on my car.
However, I live In the State of Washington and will be driving the car down throught Oregon, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona and ending in Texas for a Driving Vacation trip In Dec.
I plan on waiting until I get to Texas for the Exhaust and Intake work instilation....But, I will be driving back up to Washington In January....and weather conditions are a factor.
Which Intake system will be best as to not allow snow and water from building up into the airbox?
Which Intake is a better (Varaam....or Hurricaine?)
Please advise.
Thank you,
Mike Mike
I suggest you go to corvetteforum.com and talk to the C6 guys. They have a seperate section that will be very helpfull to you. But do not dis-own this site. I have a Vette and its been more help to me than corvetteforum.com! But sometimes I have to go over there to get specific information. They too have great info.

Hope that helps and good to have a new name/face on the board! There are some folks in the NW forum who are very knowledgeable (spelling?).
Old 11-11-2006, 08:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I also would like to put an Air Intake on my car.
This is the one I just bought for my wife's '07. Highest power gain http://southerncarparts.com/halltech...take-p-94.html
Old 11-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Location: Born and raised in Houston, Tx...My Business is based in Seattle,Wa....but I "live" on the Interstates of America.

well thanks guys...not only am i new to the car, but new to there forums and such.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

Welcome to the Forum! Good choice in cars!

Driving that car in December might be a problem though. Your going to be going over some passes that can get really nasty in the winter. I'd go to the corvette forum and see what they think. They have more experience with those cars than we do
Old 11-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KindaRich$
well thanks guys...not only am i new to the car, but new to there forums and such.
So.......are you trying to tell us your a gay boy.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do like the C6's and they way they respond to minor mods. Enjoy the car... but reconsider crossing the passes in the winter in the Vette. It only takes a split second to get your heart broken up that high.

BTW... I'm a huge fan of the Vararam for the C5's and C6's. I wouldn't buy any other Cold Air Intake if it was for me.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No joke with the passes.

Avoid at all costs.

Come in through Oregon up I5. You still have to deal with a potentially nasty I84 westbound but not nearly as a death sentence as I-90 or HWY2 will be.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the Vararam, and +2 on the nitrous.
Welcome aboard.
Robert
Old 11-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Banned

nice car and damn i wish i had cash for one

Quick Reply: new c6 questions