Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Orange Monster is gone

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 04:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tylerb59
I think it took two weekends, but we were able to get stock half shafts donated and installed.

Ellis is the man.

I'm not going to upgrade until around February ... I hope ... but holding off any more work on the car. Primary focus is just getting it in the right A/F level, running stable without hesitation and all of that.
Funny...........I'm in the same boat! Once I can get the clutch fixed I need to focus on my A/F with the 200hp shot. The last time I was on they dyno (you where there) the A/F was really fucked up! I got a wideband............I just need to install it.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:35 AM
TECH Regular

hey, sorry to hear man. I hope all is well for you and your family. you were very passionate about your car as most of us are on this forum. take care and keep in touch ~Guy
Old 12-09-2006, 10:56 AM
10 Second Club

Sorry to hear about your wife Nick! I hope everything works out.....

As for the car, that had to be a tough decision, but one you had to make. It will all work out in the end as Bill said. If you want another one, go to Florida. I saw SO many f-bodies down there it wasn't funny. AND new Vettes. I need to move down there.....
Old 12-09-2006, 12:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Nick sorry to hear about your wife. You will miss the car from time to time. I think I miss my IROC the most. All of us under stand and will be here for you

Just remember the next one will be even nicer. I personaly like the Caddy's. The Toy's are ok but I have a thing for american V8s

BTW Guys I was having NO problems with my AFs

Hey Tyler lets get together and play with yours.

Nick I sent those files you wanted
Old 12-09-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Resident

Hey Mark funny you mentioned that about FL, there was one guy from there that was interested on my car but the local guy pulled the trigger faster.

Ellis, thanks for the files, you're the man!

As for Toyota hurting US economy... why won't US automakers make better cars then?.... I would not be looking at the LS-460 if there was something of the same level and price range made in USA. Things are getting better, I admit. But I'm humble enough to say that "they" (Japanese and German auto makers) are far ahead. And I am not talking about style or even fit and finish. The sheer amount of engineering and reliability (Japan) is what I admire.

But hey.... no need to feel like me... - Even if I get the LS-460 the future could still bring some nice surprises

Last edited by WS6freak; 12-10-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:51 PM
10 Second Club

I rode in a Prius when I was in Florida. VERY hi tech! The LCD display showed what the engine was doing, what the motor was doing, what each wheel was doing, pretty cool. I was amazed at how much power it had too....considering. But I'd much rather have the Daytona for roughly the same $.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Although I would buy American if I had the extra money, in my family we have always had great luck with Toyotas. My mom's '01 Highlander has over 90k miles on it now, and we haven't had a single problem. Only things we have had to do to it has been fluids and tires and the other little things. First year production car too.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After hearing about a Toyota Solara water pump going out in my brother's friend dad's car... I think I will have to pass... It had about 60k miles on the car, car was loosing coolant. He took it to a mechanic and they said it would cost $2100 to fix, and he would be without a car for about two weeks, none in stock anywhere! Brother's friend then asked my dad where the water pump is on my brothers Grand Prix (3100 ftw!) and he pointed it out and he asked how much it was for the part itself, they went in and checked napa online... $40 for a 3100 water pump... Toyota's water pump at Napa was $400 and none in stock. Asked my father in law about it and he said that the jap cars do seem to have things together, but when something breaks... it is expensive and takes forever and is a pita to change.

I think I will stick with my American cars, my family has had good luck with them... at least the older ones that are suppose to be "trouble" cars. 89 Grand Am, bought brand new with the "dreaded" Quad 4, went 245k miles until it threw a bearing. Three speed tranny still kicking at 267k miles with nothing done to it short of tranny filter changes every 50k miles. 90 Transport, 280k miles on it, only thing ever touched on it was a gasket for the t-stat, would be running still but brother didn't know what oil does for an engine!

My dad always bitches about the trannies, he always says "how can GM go from making the best auto transmissions (TurboHydra) to making just crap.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:29 PM
TECH Resident

I am now officially an owner of a Lexus LS-460. This is a magnificent car, it is for sure giving the Germans some nightmares. Some of the features include 19 speaker 7.1 Surround System with 30Gb HD for songs, heated sterring wheel, heated seats (all 4), navigation system with XM traffic info, electric door closing (including trunk lid), and so many other gadgets I can't even remember.

Performance isn't too bad for such heavy car, and teh V-8 has very decent torque on all rpms with the 8-speed automatic.

What impressed me the most is the vault-like quietness of the car. I know this is not the right place to talk about Japanese cars, but I can't help it, this car is a completely new/different ball game. I've never seen so many creature comfort features and technology bundled in one car. I'm addicted now. BTW the car is Verdigris Mica with Cashmere leather with brown walnut accents.

Last edited by WS6freak; 12-12-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:32 AM
TECH Regular

Congrats!!!

Quick Reply: Orange Monster is gone