Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

storm

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finding out this morning many people at work are still without power. My wife, who works for the City of Auburn, personally oversaw some elderly people getting moved to where they could be cared for. A lot of these people rely on power to keep them from freezing and cannot help themselves when it goes out.

Driving down 405 from Everett Saturday night was rather spooky with how dark it was for most of the trip. I'd look over and know there was a thriving neighborhood there but could see nothing...

I can't gripe so much about cold showers in that light, but now I'll have to ensure we install proper generators next to the weapons room in our retirement fortress...
Old 12-18-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

Our Power went out Thursday around 9pm and just came back on last night around 7:30pm.

We were lucky we didn't have any trees come down in our yard, just a ton of debris. Our road was covered with trees and we had to drive to Sultan to get back to Monroe. My Parents weren't so lucky though, Down in Olympia my mom got her car totaled by a tree and there is a huge tree laying on top of their woodshed. They don't know how they are going to get it down yet...
Old 12-18-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Veteran

we got the tail end of the storm down here, well at least thats what it was. it got down to the 30's here with rain/frost.

our mountains actually have white on them lol.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

Here are some pics of the debris at my house...Some of those big limbs I had moved out of the driveway so that Ellis could get out.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...%2006%20storm/

I don't think those limbs hit my car, but they are still too close for comfort

Old 12-18-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still with out power here.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:36 PM
TECH Regular

out of about a dozen people in my team, 4 still didn't have power as of today's morning... crazy

I got it back on saturday.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

It's Monday night and I just got power back. Finally shower, warm bed and clean clothes.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by howierd42
It's Monday night and I just got power back. Finally shower, warm bed and clean clothes.
You mean...I could have been doing laundry there?!

Still no power. They are now saying "could be Friday or after Christmas". Took two days just to get out of 165th, we were pretty well trapped and it looks like a bomb went off all around us. The two houses behind us got sawed by trees, the house across from us has all of our power poll leaning up on their roof (the only thing keeping it upright) and we have yet to see ONE utility truck on our road.

Someone remind me why we put friggin lights on the house if all that was going to happen...driving to my son's place isn't so bad but going back home - I'm getting wrecked from trying to keep warm and pipes from freezing
Old 12-19-2006, 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

Just got a call from the Kids we have power (Tuesday).

We were very lucky lots of big trees came down but nothing hit the house.

I can't wait to sleep in a warm house.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GEARHED

Still no power. They are now saying "could be Friday or after Christmas". Took two days just to get out of 165th, we were pretty well trapped and it looks like a bomb went off all around us. The two houses behind us got sawed by trees, the house across from us has all of our power poll leaning up on their roof (the only thing keeping it upright) and we have yet to see ONE utility truck on our road.

Someone remind me why we put friggin lights on the house if all that was going to happen...driving to my son's place isn't so bad but going back home - I'm getting wrecked from trying to keep warm and pipes from freezing

They say saturday here for us Amy, had to start shipping my kids to friends places just that way they can stay warm. Tonight is my daughters night. Shes over at a friends place not 2 miles down the road that has power. tomorrow my son is going to a friends place.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GEARHED
I called John. Don't blame me if he did not relay the message.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:17 AM
On The Tree

I lost power thursday night, got it back on sunday morning.
I was in Redmond when power went out there, I'd just got out of work, knowing that we had no power in Sammamish, I stopped at jack in the box to get some hot food... the second I got back on the street, power went out. the drive home was in darkness, and interesting- driving around downed trees & power lines... when I got home, a tree had fallen across the drive between 10PM when my brother came home, and 1 AM when I did, luckily, no major damage.
interestingly, I had hot water the whole time.... I love gas h2o heaters! used a catalytic heater on saturday night to stay warm, and added a zero degree sleeping bag to the covers... toasty all night! still need to clear out the fridge & toss much of it.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

One of our neighbors was just here and said that they saw the root ball of one of our trees I don't know why it took them so long to come and tell us, but I wonder if that tree will still be standing after the wind storm tonight? Anyone know what it will cost to have a tree or 10 removed?
Old 12-20-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1BAD95Z
One of our neighbors was just here and said that they saw the root ball of one of our trees I don't know why it took them so long to come and tell us, but I wonder if that tree will still be standing after the wind storm tonight? Anyone know what it will cost to have a tree or 10 removed?
Just call someone who is in desprate need of Firewood next year lol they will do it for free
Old 12-20-2006, 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Just call someone who is in desprate need of Firewood next year lol they will do it for free
Well, the tree is probably 60 ft tall or so and still standing and it's up on the hill behind our house..not easy to get down without hitting something...
Old 12-20-2006, 12:32 PM
12 Second Club

Tree removal is expensive probably looking at $500 to $ 700 per tree, which sounds like a ton but it is hard & dangerous work.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:20 PM
10 Second Club

Well, the tree is probably 60 ft tall or so and still standing and it's up on the hill behind our house..not easy to get down without hitting something...
I'll be over in a little while to take a look.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Veteran

flat bed and a V8 chainsaw will take care of it

post it in the F/S section

Old 12-20-2006, 04:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
flat bed and a V8 chainsaw will take care of it

post it in the F/S section
OK So we will hook it to your car and you can pull it over for us... GREAT!!!

um.....You didn't realy want to keep your car....right?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man was is crazy here last Thursday. We have a bunch of trees behind our house, so me and my mom stayed up watching those. Infact, I watched one of the trees by house fall on our neighbors car! It was also pretty fun watching all the transformers go out all night. Our power was out till sunday morning. So all i really could do was go to the Deja Vu saterday night. Luckly they had power, lol.

Quick Reply: storm