Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Respect

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Respect

Its a matter of respect I guess.
When I drive the wagon I dont get any. People cut me off all day long (which is not good, brakes suck in the wagon) and dont get out of the way in the fast lane.
THEN I drive the Camaro and its like Moses parting the Red Sea. Wtf?
Old 01-01-2007, 01:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I hear you. You would think a guy in a bimmmer would under stand when I open up 400hp and over 600FT TQ in my 7,000Lbs truck I am still going to plow through him like a f-ing tin can!

but NO! he pulls out in front of me anyways like the jack *** he is! I still can not believe the hooks on the front of my truck did not open his POS BMW up like a tin can!
Old 01-01-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never knew how much I bullied cars out of the way / passed people until I bought the Metro.

Such a small white trash looking car. It's constantly getting cut off left and right, passed even when I'm going 10mph over.

It's maddening when I don't have the power to pass anyone from 60mph without a 1/8 mile run up. hehe.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

Sounds dangerous. I drove a metro once... it was damn scary.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I loved my old Metro, but now I'm addicted to Power!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Driving a beater with a nice bit of power is great.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I still can not believe the hooks on the front of my truck did not open his POS BMW up like a tin can!
Maybe you need to extend them a little bit lol !
Old 01-01-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

See.. tiny POS 4 banger (I'm talking foreign cars mainly... it fits!! ) cars are NOT SAFE to drive compared to "environment killing" (21mpg OMFG NOOOO) v8/6 american cars.

lol. That was a stretch but i'm sticking with it!
Old 01-02-2007, 02:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I hear you. You would think a guy in a bimmmer would under stand when I open up 400hp and over 600FT TQ in my 7,000Lbs truck I am still going to plow through him like a f-ing tin can!

but NO! he pulls out in front of me anyways like the jack *** he is! I still can not believe the hooks on the front of my truck did not open his POS BMW up like a tin can!
Teach him a lesson.

Hit him!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tylerb59
I never knew how much I bullied cars out of the way / passed people until I bought the Metro.

Such a small white trash looking car. It's constantly getting cut off left and right, passed even when I'm going 10mph over.

It's maddening when I don't have the power to pass anyone from 60mph without a 1/8 mile run up. hehe.
I know how that is! I would drive my wife's Probe or this winter would drive the old Grand Am, I could be doing 10mph over and come up on someone and they ignore you. When I get in the TA, people move out of my way! The GTP gets no respect either, but I am sure 90% of the people on the road don't even realize it has a blower on it from the factory. With that I can jump on the throttle a little and I can manuever around.

What's bad is when you get on the freeway behind slow people (doing 30mph usually) they turn on their blinker and wait for traffic to slow for them to let them in. Usually it seems to be a senior citizen or someone just oblivous to other cars around them, they move into the other lane without even checking a blind spot... It boggles me that I-90 through Spokane is as clear as it is during the rush hours of traffic throughout the day.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

And people wonder why consumers want Hummers, Suburbans, Explorers and other massive SUV's.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rawr256
What's bad is when you get on the freeway behind slow people (doing 30mph usually) they turn on their blinker and wait for traffic to slow for them to let them in. Usually it seems to be a senior citizen or someone just oblivous to other cars around them, they move into the other lane without even checking a blind spot... It boggles me that I-90 through Spokane is as clear as it is during the rush hours of traffic throughout the day.

Do not even get me started on them!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what i love is when people turn out of say a resaraunt and turn into the turning lanes and wait to get into the lane and almost hit everyone... or old people that drive 30 out when its raining and not even close for it to be slippery
Old 01-04-2007, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Today on the way into work I was stuck behind a lady going 35 mph the entire way in... well it wasn't just me, I was the thirteenth car behind her, behind me there must have been 20+ other cars, no joke, I couldn't see where they ended after a mile stretch at the end.

Our river road to our community is 35mph recommended, 50mph speed limit, she does 35 through there, ok there is frost on the road, could be slick I understand, especially in that shaded area. Get to the 35 mph area, we drop to 25 - 30 mph and I am thinking, odd, it is safer through here (no moisture on the ground) and they are going even slower... get back to the 50 mph area, we are all doing 35mph again... Eventually a passing lane opens up, I zip around all cars that didn't move over and manage to move pass 8 - 10 cars in the right hand lane (I am only doing 55, I swear!) and two miles later I see this old woman, driving her little white tempo, hands locked on the wheel, looking like she is clinging on for life...

I then realized I understand why she is driving so slow... First off she is a woman, she has *****. When it gets cold woman tend to try to bundle up and bring their limbs in closer, thus squeezing the breast between their arms, so it makes it harder for them to manuver the steering wheel and this is why they drive so slow!

Ok first two paragraphs were serious, third I tried to tie a joke in I was told with it!

Quick Reply: Respect