Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Well I think I made up my mind...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jewbacca
Hey Blake, yeah I'm gonna be selling my Dual/Dual. What kind of set up do you have, cause if you have a true dual set up, would you consider a trade? I also am thinking it might be a good idea to see how much a true dual set up would be from a muffler shop. But yeah, lemme know.
IMHO a 2.5" true dual setup (unless you are gonna go full-bore race motor) from a shop will give you the best setup for true duals but it will be SUPER expensive. Mine was close to $800 (not counting the cost of the headers, cats or x-pipe) from a shop. It was also 3" which, believe it or not, makes a HUGE difference when it comes to fitament and ground clearance. 2.5" gives you a lot more options for routing the pipes and not scraping over every shadow you drive over!!!

I can tell you that I looked around at a couple of the most reputable shops near here to redo mine before I altered it and they were talking over a grand and 10+ days in the shop!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe TSP TD's are my best bet...
Old 02-01-2007, 09:44 PM
8 Second Club

hey buddy i would trade but my setup for yours if you would like you should take a look at it and make sure it is what you want. i love it i just want to go quiter. they are the magnaflow race mufflers dumped right off the header. some people will try to say they will make you lose tq down low and gain some ponies up top. they might im not an enginner, but what i do know is my car made 431/390 cam only with this setup and traps consistant 117-119 on the motor.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Junkie

TSP tds= affordable
ellis, when i first opened your video right when u did ur burn off i heard this lawn mower like sound and i was like... theres no way thats your car... then the integra rolled out
Old 02-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

I have TSP Duals dumped and its not THAT bad. It is very loud but you get used to it (or its just from losing hearing lol). Also it really doesnt smell that bad either. Ground clearance is so so, it depends on how high to get the dumps tucked up.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Did u get sprial flows? and u need to get a damn sound clip please!
Old 02-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

Nah, I have the dynomax bullets.

Also I daily drove my car for a few months with the duals, but recently bought a blazer for a beater. I felt bad at starting the car up and 6:30 in the morning and shaking the neighbors houses.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TL00CamaroSS
I have TSP Duals dumped and its not THAT bad. It is very loud but you get used to it (or its just from losing hearing lol). Also it really doesnt smell that bad either. Ground clearance is so so, it depends on how high to get the dumps tucked up.
To each, their own. Mine was incredibly loud (Sweet Thunder mufflers) and while I liked it for a while, it got old and annoying after some time......it is all personal preference. But I can assure you that hearing a sound clip is NOTHING like having to drive it every day all the time. :shrug:
Old 02-02-2007, 02:29 AM
TECH Resident

Well like I said, I'm young and stupid, lol. Hey TL, lemme know if you are gonna be up around lynnwood everett area soon, I'd love to hear your car. Yup, I just applied for my first credit card, and TSP TD's along with a set of headers are gonna be my first buy's with it, the only things I buy right now. I figure its time to start building credit card credit.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Well like I said, I'm young and stupid, lol. Hey TL, lemme know if you are gonna be up around lynnwood everett area soon, I'd love to hear your car. Yup, I just applied for my first credit card, and TSP TD's along with a set of headers are gonna be my first buy's with it, the only things I buy right now. I figure its time to start building credit card credit.
Nothing wrong with being young (or old) and adventurous.......just after driving my car first with the SLP Loud Mouth for a couple years, then true duals for 18 months then TSP true duals with the Sweet Thunders for the last 6-8 months or so, I am just ready for something a bit quieter as my DD......who knows, a month or 3 from now I might want to get that roar back.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Nothing wrong with being young (or old) and adventurous.......just after driving my car first with the SLP Loud Mouth for a couple years, then true duals for 18 months then TSP true duals with the Sweet Thunders for the last 6-8 months or so, I am just ready for something a bit quieter as my DD......who knows, a month or 3 from now I might want to get that roar back.
Thats why im not to worried about getting tired of my duals. I now have a quiet dd, but when I feel like hearing my car and ripping on it, I drive it. When I don't, I drive the blazer. Its a nice convience to have.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Well, I live down in Federal Way and don't really travel up there. I'm going to try to be going to pac. raceways this year though so if you ever go racing i'm sure i'll see you there.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TL00CamaroSS
Thats why im not to worried about getting tired of my duals. I now have a quiet dd, but when I feel like hearing my car and ripping on it, I drive it. When I don't, I drive the blazer. Its a nice convience to have.
Aaaahh then you should LOVE the TSP setup. If I had another car to drive (beside's my g/f's minivan ) then it wouldn't have been an issue for me either.

Quick Reply: Well I think I made up my mind...