Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Fuel Economy

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I/E and possible Tune are best things to help out for mileage short of keeping your foot of the pedal or rolling it everywhere in neutral.

Does she have it warm up in the morning? She like to bury it to the floor?

It seems winter time comes around and people have gas mileage problems and it usually tends to be user error, like leaving the car to warm up for 10 min. Before me and the wife got married she was complaining about the mileage on the Probe dropping fast, she said she could go generally 300 miles on a tank and now barely manages 200. Week later she called me in the morning and asked if she was on her way to work, she said she was letting the car warmup, I asked her how long and she said she lets it sit and idle for 20min.

Damn women!
Old 02-05-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jewbacca
Well, smaller package, but with about the same interior room, better gas mileage, to me, better styling, and better gas mileage. Plus there's always a Yukon, which is my favorite. You should just go for a Denali, lol, ultimate in SUV luxury. Plus it's a GM.
Except that it (the Yukon) has a bigger motor & weighs more (5.3 vs 6.0 in the Yukon.....although that may just be in the Denali version, not sure) and gets worse mileage then the Tahoe.