Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

I got my baby back, baby back, baby back........but not from Chillis'

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00Vette
I wouldn't mind running 9's. I'm just not ready to go through the *** pain of installing a full weld in roll cage........not to mention I'd have to forge my motor before I could safely go there.

All you guys running 9's or knocking on 9's door have built motors. All our Vettes (except for Perry) have stock bottom ends.

We need to get some built motors in our Vettes so we can step up to you guys!
That's the whole beauty of it, all stock longblocks (2) or at least shortblocks(2) and still fast! If I get to my goals, then it's on to the ls7 and 9's for sure. Maybe Mark should get a little giggly gas to help that heavy f-bod?
Robert
Old 02-24-2007, 11:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56@NitrousDirect
Allright, another 10.x vette. Which clutch did you go with? You know Chris, the bolt in Roll bar Jon and I used is easily removable for future car sales?
It's getting a combo of disc and pressure plate from the Textralia manufacturer, and stock parts for the rest. They have an inside track for the clutch parts. I dunno if I'm ready for a rollbar. The car should be done in about 1 week. I'll probably wait until it warms up over 70 degrees before running at the track. Otherwise I have no traction...
Old 02-25-2007, 12:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
It's getting a combo of disc and pressure plate from the Textralia manufacturer, and stock parts for the rest. They have an inside track for the clutch parts. I dunno if I'm ready for a rollbar. The car should be done in about 1 week. I'll probably wait until it warms up over 70 degrees before running at the track. Otherwise I have no traction...
Its a good idea to wait for the track to warm up. But IMO, you don't need to wait till its that warm. Low 60's should be fine. The smart thing is to wait for the track to be warmed up by the constant racing. After a few hours the track warms up. The most important thing is a warm track and VHT upon launching.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Know know I do not see a singal one of you running with a 23* handicap either

Just wait. You think things are sick now? How do you think my little LT1 will act when I even up the odd's with a set of 15* heads like you guy got
Old 02-25-2007, 09:34 AM
10 Second Club

I didn't say I wasn't going to try to run a 9. I just don't think it's realistic. Dropping 4/10ths from my best isn't just a tweak away. Gutting the car, a trans brake, AFR 225s, things like that would do it. But with this setup I might hit 10.20.....maybe.

I think it's amazng how many of you guys' cars run low 11s or hi 10s with bolt ons & NO2 (+ maybe a cam). But running a 9 aint easy. I wish you all luck....should be fun to watch!
Old 02-25-2007, 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I didn't say I wasn't going to try to run a 9. I just don't think it's realistic. Dropping 4/10ths from my best isn't just a tweak away. Gutting the car, a trans brake, AFR 225s, things like that would do it. But with this setup I might hit 10.20.....maybe.

I think it's amazng how many of you guys' cars run low 11s or hi 10s with bolt ons & NO2 (+ maybe a cam). But running a 9 aint easy. I wish you all luck....should be fun to watch!
I agree. Its going to be a great racing season and my bet..........an interesting one too.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
The Aussie clutch was a good choice. On the roll bar, it's just a matter of time, if ya know what I mean.
Really, waiting for 70* temps isn't so much that's needed, but rather a nice cool day with the sun out. The track will allways be warmer this way compared to ambient temps. Those are the days that most get their record times.
You'll need some good tires also, and ya can try my ET Streets out if ya like, or the BFGs are still mounted on Z06 18"s and up for grabs.
Robert
Old 02-25-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Know know I do not see a singal one of you running with a 23* handicap either

Just wait. You think things are sick now? How do you think my little LT1 will act when I even up the odd's with a set of 15* heads like you guy got
Like you really need to change your heads to go faster.

I think it's amazng how many of you guys' cars run low 11s or hi 10s with bolt ons & NO2 (+ maybe a cam). But running a 9 aint easy. I wish you all luck....should be fun to watch
I watched ya drop about 4 tenths from 10.7x to 10.4x in single pass without really much additional effort. So, there's more in that combo for sure, just one perfect run away and maybe some small tweaking.
Robert
Old 02-25-2007, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Here's how my vette will launch with the IRS when it grows a sack.
8.6@163 1.38 60'er Run
Robert
Old 02-25-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56@NitrousDirect
Here's how my vette will launch with the IRS when it grows a sack.
8.6@163 1.38 60'er Run
Robert
That car was an auto though. I want to see a stick launch good and then run an 8 second 1/4. If I remember correctly, the only 6 speed I've ever seen run that fast was a Viper.