Iron + gobs of spray = go faster
Robert
Old 04-19-2007, 11:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
Iron + gobs of spray = go faster
Robert
Nice!! I'd have gone with Iron as well. Its stronger and cheaper.

All forged I'm assuming? You going DP or staying dry?
Old 04-19-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Nice!! I'd have gone with Iron as well. Its stronger and cheaper.

All forged I'm assuming? You going DP or staying dry?
Full forged with all the best goodies, and set-up for mega spray (can you say pushing water as the next issue).
Wet or dry, do I really need to answer that (smile Icon goes here)?
Robert
Old 04-19-2007, 11:42 PM
10 Second Club

Full forged with all the best goodies, and set-up for mega spray (can you say pushing water as the next issue).
Wet or dry, do I really need to answer that (smile Icon goes here)?
Robert
You can't spray as much with a dry system as you could through a Direct Port system. If your going all the way with this new motor, you might as well go with a 300+ DP system too(the judge icon goes here)!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

You can't spray as much with a dry system as you could through a Direct Port system. If your going all the way with this new motor, you might as well go with a 300+ DP system too(the judge icon goes here)!
Not really true, no one has found the real limit yet to the dry. It's all injector based. meaning, you may max out at 750rwhp on xxlb injector, but upsizing is the answer, it's based on on maf freq witch in turn corresponds to inj duty cycle, so it's all in the tune. we will see what can be done. I am going into the 700rwhp range to start off, and Al has run over 700 hp on 42lber's and a 300 shot through the MAF.
Robert
Old 04-20-2007, 12:12 AM
10 Second Club

Not really true, no one has found the real limit yet to the dry. It's all injector based. meaning, you may max out at 750rwhp on xxlb injector, but upsizing is the answer, it's based on on maf freq witch in turn corresponds to inj duty cycle, so it's all in the tune. we will see what can be done. I am going into the 700rwhp range to start off, and Al has run over 700 hp on 42lber's and a 300 shot through the MAF.
Robert
It'll be interesting to see. That's cool to stick with dry and shoot for limits again, but DP is tested and performed extremely well. And with forged motors its the prefered way to go. Most guys with forged nitrous motors go with DP and huge shots. I'm not trying to persued you, just saying that IMO it would be better to go with DP.

I would if I had a forged motor, and will when I can afford one. Just my opinion though.

Looks like I better beat your best time while I have the chance. LOL!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Launching!

A new best tonight!

60- 1.836
1/8-7.393
MPH-99.22
1/4-11.276
MPH-127.15

Congrats to Jon who claimed the #1 spot tonight with an 11.00x something. So close to a 10, it was haulin azz for sure!
Old 04-21-2007, 04:11 AM
10 Second Club

Default New best ever!!!!

I too had a best tonight! Good enough for the #1 spot for a little while.....Thanks for the shot out Chris. You car was hauling some *** as well. I wish there would have been some footage of you and I. Oh well. You and I are so close Chris, I'm going to need to up my nitrous jetting to a full 200hp jetting(judge icon goes here)!!!

60- 1.665 (I have to thank Robert and Jake for the advice)
330- 4.684
1/8- 7.156
MPH- 100.20
1000- 9.244
1/4- 11.004
MPH- 126.13

Oh and BTW, I just came across some extra cash for an LSX intake and TB(Devil Icon goes here)!!! More to follow on that.

Last edited by 00Vette; 04-21-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Great driving guys, looks as though everything is starting to come together. Both cars have easy 10's in them, just a matter of time. The sticks and fast times are harder to come by than the auto guys. Now if we can just get Perry out there we'll have 4 C5's in the top ten. Oh, and Mark (Blk Z06) and his dad (yellow C5) both have mean C5's which the limits haven't been seen yet... Can't forget Rey also if he ever comes back out to the track. All have at least low 11's in them. Some competition for the F-bod guys for sure. The big boys should be coming out soon.

Jon, ya ready to try the ET Streets, much more consistant low 1.6's and gobs of 1.5's, and under the right conditions our cars can do 1.4x on them. it's a little looser ride, but... What was your time from last year? can you post your slip times for comparison?

Chris I see ya got a 1.7x on your last run, wish I would have stayed longer. Did you do a slightly heavier burn out? Check Ranger's launch write up for some very good specific advice on the BFGs, I've used it and works real good. Getting loose on the big end is fun, not.

Man I wanted to be racing so bad, but oh well, in due time. I think Cory expanded his muffler on his beast, needs to be able to pump more air through system easier it sounds like.
Robert
Old 04-21-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good runs guys! I'll update the list once the rest of the weekend results are in.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Launching!

Chris I see ya got a 1.7x on your last run, wish I would have stayed longer. Did you do a slightly heavier burn out? Check Ranger's launch write up for some very good specific advice on the BFGs, I've used it and works real good. Getting loose on the big end is fun, not.
Yeah I did a big *** smoky burnout, launched at 5200 and throttle buried at the same time. It hooked like a ****, and felt awesome! Nailed every shift that run was the best yet, until the 3-4 went sideways... omg!!

I've never tried that with my tires, I will have to! If they won't hook I'll get a set of these or maybe buy yours.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
Yeah I did a big *** smoky burnout, launched at 5200 and throttle buried at the same time. It hooked like a ****, and felt awesome! Nailed every shift that run was the best yet, until the 3-4 went sideways... omg!!

I've never tried that with my tires, I will have to! If they won't hook I'll get a set of these or maybe buy yours.
That's kind of scary!! Didn't you say that happened to you earlier in the day too?

You got to do something with your exhaust! I'm betting you'd see a huge difference (like you said) if you uncork your mid pipes. Your catback should be good. The Z06 exhaust is hard to beat hands down!! But IMO, you should upgrade the other exhaust portion.

I'm looking into an LSX intake right now, but I only have $700 to spend and the intakes are like $900. Then I'll need a new TB and the nitrous plate I have is too small for the 90mm TB. So I'd have to get a new nitrous plate. Does this **** ever end???
Old 04-21-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

That's kind of scary!! Didn't you say that happened to you earlier in the day too?

You got to do something with your exhaust! I'm betting you'd see a huge difference (like you said) if you uncork your mid pipes. Your catback should be good. The Z06 exhaust is hard to beat hands down!! But IMO, you should upgrade the other exhaust portion.

I'm looking into an LSX intake right now, but I only have $700 to spend and the intakes are like $900. Then I'll need a new TB and the nitrous plate I have is too small for the 90mm TB. So I'd have to get a new nitrous plate. Does this **** ever end???
A $5 jet is much cheaper, and the gains are mucho...
Robert
Old 04-21-2007, 10:47 PM
10 Second Club

A $5 jet is much cheaper, and the gains are mucho...
Robert
True.......but I don't want to go boom! And I could add some more bolt ons and add bigger jets.(devil icon goes here)

BTW, what is up with the smilies not working? WTF!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

True.......but I don't want to go boom! And I could add some more bolt ons and add bigger jets.(devil icon goes here)

BTW, what is up with the smilies not working? WTF!!!
You got everything you need right now to find the limit of your set-up; meaning your true limit is now how much can a stock block take overall in the hp/tq realm. It's much cheaper to add hp and tq with a 5 dollar jet to reach this goal, which your not to far from. If your n2o is set-up correctly and no mech failures ie: noids, then the boom will be from internal breakage from reaching max hp/tq one to many times on said stock block. Just my thinking though.

Hey, on the DP thing. You know when I was going for big on the dry many, many said I couldn't do it and blah, blah blah... Well if I had stuck to the mainstream thinking and ideas then I wouldn't have that little saying in my sig. Which I might point out is open to all the DP kits, standard wet kits and any blower or turbo(s). The dry hits rule the roost, and the other power adders have all come up short so far, on stockblock ls6s in auto and manual classes. Current #1 holder is at 10.5x, and the auto is 10.7 both dry. Dry is the future of the nitrous on the lsx platform, wait till you see the new revolutionary dry product to hit the market very soon. I should be beta testing one shortly. May be the nail in the coffin for wet hits, hehehe, stay tuned.
Robert
Robert
Old 04-22-2007, 12:51 AM
10 Second Club

You got everything you need right now to find the limit of your set-up; meaning your true limit is now how much can a stock block take overall in the hp/tq realm. It's much cheaper to add hp and tq with a 5 dollar jet to reach this goal, which your not to far from. If your n2o is set-up correctly and no mech failures ie: noids, then the boom will be from internal breakage from reaching max hp/tq one to many times on said stock block. Just my thinking though.

Hey, on the DP thing. You know when I was going for big on the dry many, many said I couldn't do it and blah, blah blah... Well if I had stuck to the mainstream thinking and ideas then I wouldn't have that little saying in my sig. Which I might point out is open to all the DP kits, standard wet kits and any blower or turbo(s). The dry hits rule the roost, and the other power adders have all come up short so far, on stockblock ls6s in auto and manual classes. Current #1 holder is at 10.5x, and the auto is 10.7 both dry. Dry is the future of the nitrous on the lsx platform, wait till you see the new revolutionary dry product to hit the market very soon. I should be beta testing one shortly. May be the nail in the coffin for wet hits, hehehe, stay tuned.
Robert
Robert
You have very valid points. What would you do with the extra cash? I don't want to run 11.0's to high 10's, I want to run consistant 10's. So if I add some more bolt on and a little more nitrous...........I'll hit my goal for this year. Which may I add, isn't going to be very long damn deployments. This is 2 years in a row I'm missing the summer here. I can't complain though, I signed the papers.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:25 AM
10 Second Club

Just dropped a big fat dime on a 1000hp capable 408, we is coming after some of you guys. It's going to be fun this year fer sure. Will post details later.
Robert
SWEET! (you guys need to start another mod thread & quit poluting this one - devil smiley intended here) I'll assume iron, forged, file cut rings for N02....what CR? Which heads? And ya know Robert, an LSX intake has nozzle ports.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

You have very valid points. What would you do with the extra cash? I don't want to run 11.0's to high 10's, I want to run consistant 10's. So if I add some more bolt on and a little more nitrous...........I'll hit my goal for this year. Which may I add, isn't going to be very long damn deployments. This is 2 years in a row I'm missing the summer here. I can't complain though, I signed the papers.
Only a suggestion, but if it were me I would dial in what I have first. Get either another 10lb bottle or dual 15lb'ers hook both up so as to have no pressure/volume drop through out an entire day or two of racing. Step up to the 200 jets and go racing. Adding the 200 jets will really put no more stress on engine compared to having more n/a hp and same jets as know. The lsx manifold will only get ya 20hp tops anywho. That's why i never went with headers on my car, it never got to the point of not adding more hp with a couple jet changes, and I never really cared how much n/a hp I was running. But again this is just my thinking, not everyones cup of tea.

Edit: and a set of Et Streets will allow much more consistant launches over any DR, and will give some on launches due to the wrinkle wall to help save the rear.

Mark, see the new thread.
Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 04-22-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Updated!
Old 04-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

here's my best time and also my first time racing at a strip in WA

60- 2.053
1/8- 8.538
MPH- 86.73
1/4- 13.026
MPH- 109.09

Quick Reply: 2007 Run What You Brung List!!!