11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know Mike F. ran the other day,

why isn't he on the list
Old 04-27-2007, 03:45 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
Only time will tell who's azz is going to be whooped. And oh yea, I can drive, and actually have a car that takes some skill to drive, unlike you all with your grandma like autos, nothing like point and shoot, huh, hehe.
Robert
All I give a crap about is what setup is going to make my win light come on the most times in a row. I'd rather be a grandma with trophies than a badass with an empty shelf.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
All I give a crap about is what setup is going to make my win light come on the most times in a row. I'd rather be a grandma with trophies than a badass with an empty shelf.
Trophies are for remanissers (spelling ), the car is a trophy in itself anyways.

I'd rather have the bragging rights of a fast car than trophies that say you can run the exact same time every time you run.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

+1 Zeke,
Don't forget that it is trophies and money!!!!

When I win enough money then maybe I go mo' fasta'

Old 04-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Pathological Modifier

Well as far as the Turbo Benchmark goes I DID win the "Turbo Thunder V" Event last year...$600 in cash is very nice!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:43 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Trophies are for remanissers (spelling ), the car is a trophy in itself anyways.

I'd rather have the bragging rights of a fast car than trophies that say you can run the exact same time every time you run.
So in other words, you would rather be a fast loser than a slow winner.

Looks like the grandmas are the fastest cars of the lot, though... and if I am betting this year on who is going to hit 9's first... the grandmas have it.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Zeke, you need to take one of your M6 cars over to Proformance and learn the joys of turning and shifting. No doubt the Autos are faster on the strip, but the Manuals(or paddle shifting autos) rule the curves.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

yea, them trophies are nice, i guess. You should see the collection of trophies my old man had/has, we give them to anyone who wants them. The value goes as time marches on. But, you know the old school trophies are actually becoming collectors items. Anyway, i would rather gather monikers like in my sig, but heh that's just me. My new one will say "World's Fastest Dry Powered C5", much better than a trophie, imo. Don't get me wrong, I think a good driver, auto or manual, is a good thing and something to be proud of.
Robert
Old 04-27-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ryan K
Yeah, no skill involved here...

http://www.rkarasek.com/highspeedproducts/video/ice.wmv

Ryan K.
Nice job Ryan. Now imagine this scenerio about everytime you unlease 6xx lbs ft of torque on 4 shifts at 6800rpm, per run. There is a reason 95% of the serious racers run autos, and not totally out of my realm in the future.
Robert
Old 04-27-2007, 10:39 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Crisisman
Zeke, you need to take one of your M6 cars over to Proformance and learn the joys of turning and shifting. No doubt the Autos are faster on the strip, but the Manuals(or paddle shifting autos) rule the curves.
Oh believe me, I know... that's why I drive a manual as a daily, and why my T/A is a manual. I just know if I do it, I'm gonna get hooked, and it's a lot more expensive than drag racing.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:06 PM
teh PuRpL3z

yea, them trophies are nice, i guess. You should see the collection of trophies my old man had/has, we give them to anyone who wants them. The value goes as time marches on. But, you know the old school trophies are actually becoming collectors items. Anyway, i would rather gather monikers like in my sig, but heh that's just me. My new one will say "World's Fastest Dry Powered C5", much better than a trophie, imo. Don't get me wrong, I think a good driver, auto or manual, is a good thing and something to be proud of.
Robert
I'm not trying to be world's fastest anything.. I'm just trying to have fun, and I like to bracket race. That's why the top 10 doesn't really mean a lot to me.

I'm in the top 10 on the points totals.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Only time will tell who's azz is going to be whooped. And oh yea, I can drive, and actually have a car that takes some skill to drive, unlike you all with your grandma like autos, nothing like point and shoot, huh, hehe.
Robert

LMFAO! Point and shoot my ***! Maybe you should pack up your ***** some day and step into a fast car

WHo loves you big boy
Old 04-28-2007, 01:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryan K
Yeah, no skill involved here...

http://www.rkarasek.com/highspeedproducts/video/ice.wmv

Ryan K.

He is just green with envy because he has to lift three times per race and we Don't
Old 04-28-2007, 01:47 AM
10 Second Club

Robert

Dang Robert. Looking at your Sig you still came in Second

All Kidding aside those stupid chases for never ending titles mean nothing. Some one is always faster and always will be.

You learned NOTHING from the leason Ryan taught you. You want to be fastest you need to have the will AND the Budget to get it.

I had just about everyone on earth ask me why I should not shoot for first place?

1. It did not pay jack.
2. Ryan would Race on ice in the middle of hell to be first
3. I had niether the will or the Budget and I would rather be second third or forth then to See Ryan die trying

Looks like your dad was a Winner. What happen?
Old 04-28-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
LMFAO! Point and shoot my ***! Maybe you should pack up your ***** some day and step into a fast car

WHo loves you big boy
Ha,haahaha, we may just be coming for your azz! Maybe not right away, but soon enough that you'll remember for years to come.

Dang Robert. Looking at your Sig you still came in Second
I did have 1st for awhile, and was planning on regaining...

All Kidding aside those stupid chases for never ending titles mean nothing. Some one is always faster and always will be.
They only only mean nothing to those whom posse none. Being the best of the best, means someone has done their job quite well.

You learned NOTHING from the leason Ryan taught you. You want to be fastest you need to have the will AND the Budget to get it.
But I am not going for the fastest f-bod auto turbo? I could sell the Z06 and get a old f-bod and turbo for half what I have into my set-up, but at the end of the day it would still be just another f-bod that any old grandma could drive.

I had just about everyone on earth ask me why I should not shoot for first place?

1. It did not pay jack.
2. Ryan would Race on ice in the middle of hell to be first
3. I had niether the will or the Budget and I would rather be second third or forth then to See Ryan die trying
4. Because I have no real nut sack, but rather a vagina.

Looks like your dad was a Winner. What happen?
Yea, he's retired, and about 80 years old. he ran Altereds.

Robert
Old 04-28-2007, 02:09 PM
10 Second Club

Well at least you can have the fastest red vette on your block

BTW if you think I can not drive a stick better then most the people here you are saddly f***ing mistaken And if my Grandma were still alive I am sure she could drive that red vette of yours. Not a far cry from her Shine running days....

Last edited by TwoFast4Lv; 04-28-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:22 PM
10 Second Club

Robert
So you got the 2nd fastest Vette in the world & are still slower than 4 grandma-cars just in your group? And they're all Camaros, Firebirds & Novas?!

Damn, I'm not sure I'd be bragging 'bout that ****.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Well at least you can have the fastest red vette on your block

BTW if you think I can not drive a stick better then most the people here you are saddly f***ing mistaken And if my Grandma were still alive I am sure she could drive that red vette of yours. Not a far cry from her Shine running days....
Hey, Chris live's in my neighbor hood and is coming up on the stock block power adder stats, so...

Now did I ever say that anyone else could or could not drive a 6-speed? Just comparing the virtues or stick vs auto. Check out #4 reason of your's in my last quote, hehehehe.
Robert
Old 04-28-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
So you got the 2nd fastest Vette in the world & are still slower than 4 grandma-cars just in your group? And they're all Camaros, Firebirds & Novas?!

Damn, I'm not sure I'd be bragging 'bout that ****.
Camaros, Firebirds & Novas fit exactly where in the "Z06 StockBlock with any Power Adder" class? Now the Z06 that has moved to an auto and F-bod suspension now holds the Quickest Z06 in the world with a 7.xx time, and it's a single turbo. The catagories I chase are specific to the Z06 group. Now with all that said, I may myself one day soon turn my car into a grandma inspired ride by going the auto route, but for now I will continue to tag along in the top Ten area of the NW.

So Mark, are ya going to try for a 9.xx slip this year? I know you have hinted at it before.
Looks like Don may be shooting for 9's as well with that high comp, prob with spray, SBC?
Robert
Old 04-28-2007, 06:47 PM
10 Second Club

Nitrous, blower, stroker, they're all power adders at the end of the day.....

I would like to run a 9 once, but I'm more trying to get it to run in the 10.5 class consistently. Sadly everything I've tried seems to not love me this year. All part of the game I guess. I shoulda just left it alone. At this rate I'll be racing my truck like Ellis.

Quick Reply: 2007 Run What You Brung List!!!