Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Thinking of finally breaking down and buying some mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thinking of finally breaking down and buying some mods

The track opens up April 7th so I will be able to get a base test of time starting out with the car, than it is time to improve on that time!

Have a general list of mods that I will be getting this summer and might have to add to my list.

Edit - car is 01' M6 TA (SOM - color adds hp right!?)

Currently looking at -
Lid - duh!

LT Headers w/ORY - looking at the Pacesetters with the ORY from Texas Speed, good price and haven't heard any complaints about them, any suggestions?

Tune - With the ORY I am not going to have a functional sensor and it will set off a code that will drive me nuts. I am torn between buying a tuner myself or scheduling a trip over to Seattle area to meet up with Ellis and have him tune the car. If I were to get a tuner I would look into the HP tuners, still learning what to do with my GTP so I imagine it wouldn't be to hard to adapt with what I already know.

At this point I would think I could net high 12's with simple bolt-on stuff, and now it would come to suspension stuff.

Suspension - Been looking at the BMR stuff and thinking of going with their level 1 package for the street/strip (http://www.bmrfabrication.com/4F-PACKAGES.htm) or going with their handling package. According to WAHUSKER if I do my best to keep away from the wheel hop on my 10-bolt it will take more strain off of the thing and maybe prolong its like some.

At this point if I had enough cash to throw around I would look into doing a cam swap, most likely one of Thunder Racing's cams, not sure on which I would go with right now though, would like to build my own but not comfortable enough with choosing my own specs quite yet!

Goal is to hit 400 WHP or close to without any juice. After I hit it or get as close as I can, will look into doing the juice than after driving it for a bit probably go to FI down the road. Like to dip my fingers in a bit of everything.

So thoughts, opinions? Do's and Don'ts? If the car ever became undrivable I have two other cars I can use as back ups while the car sits, like a rear end gives for example.

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2007, 06:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some BMR suspension stuff for sale.. $150 bucks SFC and RCL brackets are unused!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/northwest-members/675596-suspension-stuff-f-s-bmr-local-only-please.html

Quick Reply: Thinking of finally breaking down and buying some mods