Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

any ls1 owners need headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
I went through emissions with a full cage, race seats, detachable steering wheel and all the rest of the goodies. The only difference was the boom tube wasnt on the car then, just the flowmaster. they just scanned me and sent me on my way.
Talk about a hangover day at work...you lucked out.
Though I did get the truck to pass with a cracked header which I thought was funny. Depends on the day I suppose though I've heard about them harrassing stock drivers because its supposedly a 'race' car
Old 04-10-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

I went through emissions with a full cage, race seats, detachable steering wheel and all the rest of the goodies. The only difference was the boom tube wasnt on the car then, just the flowmaster. they just scanned me and sent me on my way.
Well if this whole thing goes as planned I'll be going through emissions in a month w/ LT headers and true duals w/ flowmaster 1 chambers dumped at the axle....hopefully they give me the same treatment!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GEARHED
As far as the headers, there are a few sponsors that are having sales on race and street ones going as low as $150. I'd rather buy from them and pay shipping than to cross fingers on a deal from Craigslist - there is a difference in race vs street headers as mentioned
Ain't no F'n way you will find brand new QTP's for the LS1 below $500, let alone down around $150. Not from any company that wants to actually remain in business that is. :\

I am sure there are some other headers out there that can be had more cheaply.......and I am sure they are good, but QTP & Kooks.......I just cannot fathom any company selling them new that low.

And yeah, 8 days in the Bahamas.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Regular

Well I got the guy to send me a few pictures of the headers again and a picture of the x-pipe that I'm picking up with it:

Will I be able to reuse my stock gaskets and header bolts or should I be safe and pick up new ones?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 19torch99
Well if this whole thing goes as planned I'll be going through emissions in a month w/ LT headers and true duals w/ flowmaster 1 chambers dumped at the axle....hopefully they give me the same treatment!
Good luck with the duals.

When I went through I still had my flowmaster cat back on so it was still tolerable on a noise level. I think if I would have gone through with the boom tube they might have laughed me out of the place.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Regular

Good luck with the duals.

When I went through I still had my flowmaster cat back on so it was still tolerable on a noise level. I think if I would have gone through with the boom tube they might have laughed me out of the place.
If I run the duals out the back, think that might help my chances? Or is it still going to be WAY to loud?
Old 04-12-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I run the duals out the back, think that might help my chances? Or is it still going to be WAY to loud?
man, what are you talking about. IT'S NEVER TOO LOUD!!! Seriously, running them out the back will help with the noise, but come on, pissing of the neighbors, and making all the old ladies shake their fist at you is what it's all about. I want to have my car so loud it'll make your eyes water as I fly by.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Looks like you have the TSP true dual setup (from the pics you posted) and I had that on my car for a while........you could run exhaust pipes 10 feet behind your car and it wouldn't quiet it that much.......those systems are made to flow well and be VERY loud.......you would either need to replace the "mufflers" on there currently with something MUCH mellower or add pipes after the mufflers and a second set of mufflers that actually do the job of a muffler and quiet the exhaust down.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Well I definitely want LOUD, but no so loud that I'm going to get kicked out of my townhouse because of complaints haha. What are my options for the "quietest" mufflers. I was looking at Flowmaster 1 chambers, but I'm opened to suggestions. And by the looks of the headers, do they look like the racestyle headers w/ no air or egr?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

man i had a Bullet muffler in my i pipe before my cut out. and it wasn't to loud. it sounded really nice. it only got loud at WOT.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Resident

i know its been a while but did you get the headers and how did they look

Quick Reply: any ls1 owners need headers