Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

I'm a Bremerton n00b

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 03:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm a Bremerton n00b

I'm planning on racing out at Bremerton on Saturday, but I've never raced out there, so I look to the experienced for advice.

I was reading on the web site, gates open at 8am, eliminations start at 1pm, etc. I guess I need to buy a number, too? What time do people recommend getting there? Is there a Seattle/Eastside group that caravans together over that way?

Sorry for all the n00b questions!
Old 05-29-2007, 03:47 PM
TECH Regular

Your car club number will be sufficient if you 1. don't plan on running in another class and 2. don't expect time-only runs after eliminations have started. Track numbers are only like $2 anyway, so considering the tech card is $35 isn't much, then you can T/O all you want, depending on how busy the track is that day (sometimes T/Os are not permitted until late late afternoon if at all, sometimes you can get 20 runs in if the place is empty).

8am is harsh - I've tried to arrive about this time, but 9 times out of 10 wound up waiting another hour and a half before we were called up, but then again once I got to run immediately as well. If you have tires to switch, stuff to set up, etc, then 8am may still make sense.

Some of us east-siders get together in Auburn or Federal Way, but at least two regulars won't be there (Zeke and my wife), so breakfast/caravan is a bit up in the air. This is the latest thread.

The north-enders usually come down in a small group as well, but I'll leave it to them to post up...
Old 05-29-2007, 08:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see if someone can ride with you your first time trial run.

they can explain the stageing, burnout box, ect..
and also the turn outs and return road.

good luck,

Russ
Old 05-31-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Resident

whats it take to pass tech? I have a 94 formy that I have rebuilt after an accident.It still needs a few parts. the top of the bumper is zip tied down to he hood latch area (due to not having the piece between the headlights and bumper) and the joint between he passenger fender is loose (lost the nuts and plate that hold them together) but they are held together with zip ties. nothing on the car is going to fall off or anything. the car is 3 colors right now. everything else is stock but wheels 03 vette rims.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

anyone ???
Old 06-01-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It depends who does the inspection. Nobody cares about paint and minor body issues, but not having a proper hood latch might be a problem. You'll be rolling the dice.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

I don't think they will let you run like that.
Maybe give them a call first, see what they say

Quick Reply: I'm a Bremerton n00b