Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Almost crashed into a loose wheel/tire

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007 | 10:25 PM
Launching!

Default Almost crashed into a loose wheel/tire

Here I am driving S/B on Shoultes road south of that traffic circle and out of nowhere I hear a horrible banging and screeching. I can't believe I reacted in time but directly ahead of me no more than 30 feet is a wheel/tire bouncing toward me going probably 35 mph. I reacted with a quick swerve toward the right and BARELY avoided this. I mean by inches.

It came off some POS datsun b210 which now had pulled over.

If I hadn't swerved that wheel would certainly have messed up my car and could have bounced right into my open t-top.

It got my blood boiling so fast between the adrenaline rush and seeing that POS full of teenagers which i'm sure had no insurance that I wanted to pull over and punch him right in the face.

Phew I feel better now. Thanks for letting me rant.
Old 07-08-2007 | 11:09 PM
TECH Resident

Thank god for good reflexes! I'm glad you missed it and didn't get hurt!
Old 07-09-2007 | 12:42 AM
Launching!

Thanks. Just lucky I wasn't messin with the radio or something. Very lucky.
Old 07-09-2007 | 11:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

i had a tire fall off of my ram once. we were out playing on a snow covered dirt road sliding around and all of a sudden i feel the back end drop, look to the left just to see my tire flying by me on the snow berm. we found all five lug nuts within 50 meters behind the truck. one of my neibors loosened them with MY lug wrench. well lets just say i gave it back to them. he had to wear goggles to work, lol
Old 07-09-2007 | 12:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by XLR8N
he had to wear goggles to work, lol
You guys get bored up there a lot?
Old 07-09-2007 | 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah, the long winters sure take a toll. i just cant stand people ******* with other people cars.
Old 07-09-2007 | 12:28 PM
Banned

Hahahaha thats what I was reffering to. You guys get bored and start messing with each other just to do something. The goggles line made me laugh out loud, that was good. he started it
Old 07-09-2007 | 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

i didnt mean to steal this thread so im going to give credit where its due, cause a tire in the t-tops would definatly suck. so props on the driving skills. damn teenagers.
Old 07-09-2007 | 01:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

i hope to have a kid as cool as you avatar 99blanco, that **** is funny!
Old 07-09-2007 | 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice driving, man. Amazing how fast something like that can happen. Good thing you were alert and not dialing your cell phone or chomping a Big Mac like most people.

On a side note this kind of **** just pisses me off. Its almost every day that I see something flying out of a truck - be it gravel or hog fuel or whatever. Years ago when I had my LT1 Vette a city bus kicked up about a 6" chunk of asphalt and smashed the windshield. I wish WSP would spend more time focusing on improperly secured/unsafe loads - at least on the highway - rather than wasting time setting up speed traps.
Old 07-09-2007 | 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

WSP doesn't even pick up debris after a wreck. I drove thru the after-math a couple years ago just after they cleared it for traffic & ruined a brand new tire. You can imagine the reaction I got when I started yelling at the smokies....
Old 07-09-2007 | 03:15 PM
11 Second Club

I was driving my Buddy's Jeep one day with him in it. He was sleeping it was after a night of duty. We were going about 75 down the highway, and as soon as we went to turn off to go towards Poulsbo his Tire Rim and brake drum assembly with the axle came out, and hit the driver side door and rolled past us. That was some funny ****, but damn it scared the hell out of us. lol

But congrats on being able to come out of it unhurt and no damage to the Vehicle.

Quick Reply: Almost crashed into a loose wheel/tire