Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Mustang guys

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007 | 07:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Turbo Tech
Sure I could help you too, even before and after dyno at no charge as well , George @tti
I was just gonna suggest TT.....never heard any bad words about George & his shop.
Old 07-11-2007 | 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by XLR8N
im not trying to take any business away from anyone but its fairly simple, time consuming but simple. just beg one of you ncos to barrow their garage and a cherry picker. depending on the brand of headers really depends on the fitment. i had macs at first they were a complete bitch, it seemed like nothing fit right, later i switched to kooks. they were almost to easy to do. all i did was put the car on stands it has to be fairly high, use the cherry picker to take the engine weight off the car and drop the front suspension out. if i remember right there was a total of 8 bolts to remove. slide them in bolt em up then put the k-member assembly up. it shouldn't take any longer than a day with general tools. just steal you tool box from your motor pool for a weekend. then when all said and done go get an alignment. but it would be alot easier to just drop it off too. lol

Damn, you gotta drop the K-member? haha, have fun George--I believe he said he got Kooks, so maybe he's in luck?
Old 07-11-2007 | 06:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Daredevil_TA
Damn, you gotta drop the K-member? haha, have fun George--I believe he said he got Kooks, so maybe he's in luck?
No you dont have to drop the K member. The only headers on a 4.6 stang that I can remember where it probably would have been easier and saved time if we dropped the K member were Bassani long tubes on a 4V car. But still got em done without dropping it.
Old 07-11-2007 | 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Most car stuff is fairly "simple" but if you are busy or with child. It becomes a huge pan in the ***. That is why I pay to have my **** done.
Old 07-12-2007 | 03:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

well heres the thing the 4.6 is a fairly wide engine, so you have three choices
1. pull the engine, most time consuming and difficult to line uo the headers when putting the engine back in.

2. drop the k-member, it sounds challenging but is very simple

3. take it to a shop, simplest way to go about it.

Quick Reply: Mustang guys