Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Rain

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 05:09 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrsSeaHawk
Jon and I are headed to the Rush concert tonight. Luckily we got real seats, so we'll be under cover ...
I'm surprised I didn't see you there, I was out there last night, too. Awesome freaking show, putting it mildy.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like there was more racing on the streets of Everett (police chase) than there was at PR. Maybe they get the finals run Monday....or Tuesday...or

GOOD LUCK George!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
I'm surprised I didn't see you there, I was out there last night, too. Awesome freaking show, putting it mildy.
I saw you. We sat right behind Jeff from the Ford Drag Team. At least one we finally got in our correct seats we did!
Old 07-22-2007, 01:00 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrsSeaHawk
I saw you. We sat right behind Jeff from the Ford Drag Team. At least one we finally got in our correct seats we did!
I didn't see any of you there.. what section were you in? I was in the front of section 206.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Tech
If you really want to meet one of the drivers just hang around there pits and they will come out The weather sucks here and to be honest it hasn't been that great antwhere this year.
Is there any other place to be when they are not running? Hours and hours in the pits looking.

We did get the see John Force wondering from trailer to trailer
Old 07-22-2007, 04:56 PM
10 Second Club

I've been listening online and they got the first round in and rain has stopped the second but they are drying the track again.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
I've been listening online and they got the first round in and rain has stopped the second but they are drying the track again.
Where at on line, a link?
Robert
Old 07-22-2007, 05:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Where at on line, a link?
Robert
For NHRA Members.
http://www.nhra.com/audiocast/
Old 07-22-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

We could hear (and practically feel) them this morning in our house in Kent. The roads are almost dry again right now but it looks like it could rain again any time.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:13 PM
10 Second Club

DAMN good racing!!

Ashlet hit the wall pretty good. You could tell she was dazed and confused. I thought John was going to have a heart attack!

I thought John had fast jack for sure till that engine let go! Man I have not seen one blow like that since Kenji blew the moon eyes car at about the same spot on the track in 95

Just glad the weather held out!
Old 07-22-2007, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

Jack was my instructor at Frank Hawley's school back in 2004. Definitely one cool cat! Congrats goes out to him.

Good luck to ya in the 2nd round George.

For those that don't know here's the site to keep up with all the action round by round online.

http://dragracecentral.com/SeriesInd...0&EventFilter=
Old 07-23-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
DAMN good racing!!

Ashlet hit the wall pretty good. You could tell she was dazed and confused. I thought John was going to have a heart attack!

I thought John had fast jack for sure till that engine let go! Man I have not seen one blow like that since Kenji blew the moon eyes car at about the same spot on the track in 95

Yea man, good stuff.
Robert
Old 07-23-2007, 12:55 AM
Teching In

DAMN good racing!!

It was an awesome day! It was our first trip to the Nationals. Needless to say we'll be going again.

Ashley's crash was right in front of us, though we were on the opposite side. That was something to behold. I was sort of amazed that the wall held her in. Those things are a lot stronger than I gave them credit. A head on hit from a funny car packs quite a wallop. The wall moved, but it didn't give.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

One report on the news said that her impact was the equivalent of 58g's. That's right not 5.8g's and that her head had the weight of 600lbs. Incredible that she walked away considering my favorite racer of all time (Dale Sr.) snapped his neck with a much lighter impact.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

That would definitely be a scary ride and I'm glad she made it out ok.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ram-it
One report on the news said that her impact was the equivalent of 58g's. That's right not 5.8g's and that her head had the weight of 600lbs. Incredible that she walked away considering my favorite racer of all time (Dale Sr.) snapped his neck with a much lighter impact.

They didn't use anything like this when Sr. was racing..... Same goes for the Hans devices many are using now.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

DAMN good racing!!

Yeah, I'd say that new safety stuff they put in the Force cars after Eric hit the wall works pretty darn good. Otherwise we'd have another terrible drag racing story to read today. Thank God it was someone young like Ashley. 58g's would kill a guy my/Johns age. Even if the padding stopped the outside of the body, the insides would still move....
Old 07-23-2007, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

I was on THIS Very site when she hit the wall last night. I was researching a Head restraint system for Mark and I. I knew John had the very best state of the art system. I looked up to see it in action!

The Final Product is the "Hutchens Hybrid" system. I plan on buying them for Mark and I before the Next ORR
Old 07-23-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Regular

The Hutchens Hybrid is what Team Force uses now (and was using before Eric's death BTW), but I recommend hopefully trying them on in the car before you get any of them.

I had an R3 that I just sold (virtually the same as the Hutchens), but COULD NOT STAND IT. Plus getting out of the car FAST with it on (in case of say a Fire ) was nearly impossible.

I bought a HANS after selling the R3.....

To each his own, many swear by the R3 and Hutchens. Didn't work for me....

Just some advice....
Old 07-23-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Regular

I just need to figure out how to justify buying one of these for myself. Its all about safety ya know!

Quick Reply: Rain