Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Vince @ Trifecta = awesome service

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Vince @ Trifecta = awesome service

Had some weird issues that pretty much would be for someone with full software for the bastard 98' PCM, called Vince and he was house sitting 4 blocks away. Told me to bring it on over. It took him 2 days, a drive to Salem to get another PCM, hit up a couple of pro shops, online researched a ton sending them to me as well to figure it out.

He really went all out trying to trouble shoot getting all but one whacky issue totally smoothed out.

We have a great tuner in our area now guys so drop him a call if you need a good tune. Vince will get it squared away regardless of what it takes
Old 07-30-2007, 03:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I tried returning his call for help 6-7 times but it was always busy.

Glad he got that PCM going again
Old 07-30-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Veteran

What 98 did you get?
Old 07-30-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Had some weird issues that pretty much would be for someone with full software for the bastard 98' PCM, called Vince and he was house sitting 4 blocks away. Told me to bring it on over. It took him 2 days, a drive to Salem to get another PCM, hit up a couple of pro shops, online researched a ton sending them to me as well to figure it out.

He really went all out trying to trouble shoot getting all but one whacky issue totally smoothed out.

We have a great tuner in our area now guys so drop him a call if you need a good tune. Vince will get it squared away regardless of what it takes
Why did he have to go through all of that? It didn't sound too bad when you were here, it just sounded like it had a little idle issue...

I'm glad you got most of it figured out though..
Old 07-30-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Veteran

The TB blade wasn't the issue, remember the ignition key thing? That is a brake/trans loop with a solenoid that went bad

The first time he cleared the PCM for that weird error code it flat out died. Being a 98' its bound to have little issues like that (I suspect the AC will be next), no griping about the motor and trans though
Old 07-30-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I tried returning his call for help 6-7 times but it was always busy.

Glad he got that PCM going again
I tried you first but doubt you would have wanted to drive to Salem to get another PCM. Second bastard year for GM...a 93' and 98'.
Sucker for punishment?