Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Death in the family

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 01:26 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch well sounds like it totalled then.

Who spilled the paint and why wasnt it cleaned up properly by the spiller? Lawsuit ?
Your back hurts right and your hip is sore right? If I had someone to sue I would have but it was my fault all the way. Cant sue for black ice and to much speed but PAINT on the road is a whole other story.
Well good luck with things, it sucks plain and simple.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:57 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
The pics really don't do it justice. The rear hatch and hood are tweaked, the floor board is crumpled...the dash is squished...not just the door is dented. If it were just the door it wouldn't be such a bad thing.
No, I meant that there's a lot of good pieces left on it... looks like the engine compartment is probably unscathed for the most part, so that's pretty good, and there's a lot of good body panels left on it if he's gonna part it out... It's defintely totalled, there's not much question in my head looking at the pics. You can tell it's pretty tweaked... but personally, if I was gonna wreck one of my cars, I'd prefer to total it then to damage enough that it could be fixed... they are never the same.

BTW, Mark... If you end up parting out what's left of the car, I would be interested in your taillights & center filler panel.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone told me about some paint that was spilled on I 405 (Ellis?) a few years back. They didn't clean that up either....until it rained & there was a nasty wreck. Then the DOT came out & ground that section of highway up.

And if this turns out the way I think / hope it will Zeke, I will buy it back & take the parts off I need & sell the rest. We are leaning towards a custom Camaro project at the moment, but it all depends on the settlement. If we go that way, I'll keep the drivetrain & interior.

One of the local vultures already asked about the hood. The pass door, front end, and hatch are also in perfect shape. Not to mention what is on the car I buy. And there may be some performance items that I want to change / upgrade that could be available. I'm sure I'll post as soon as I know.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
We are leaning towards a custom Camaro project at the moment...
I'm not sure how much you'll be getting, but this might be a perfect opportunity to upgrade beyond the F-body. A C5 Z06 or even a newer C6 Z51 would be a lot of fun. I just heard there is an 8k incentive on remaining 2007 C6s. It seems everyone is wanting a 2008 now that they are out and the 2007s are sitting on the lots.

Either way, I'm sure you'll have fun.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:26 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Someone told me about some paint that was spilled on I 405 (Ellis?) a few years back. They didn't clean that up either....until it rained & there was a nasty wreck. Then the DOT came out & ground that section of highway up.
Yeah, it was on I-405 Northbound just north of the 85th St interchange, I remember that spot very well. There was an accident involving a paint truck and it spilled all over the road... they didn't clean it up, so there was a huge paint blotch on the right couple of lanes right as you were merging onto the freeway from the on ramp from 85th St....
Old 08-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

fbodys are better 1/4 mile cars.
I'm always looking for better peices as well so the Camaro sounds good to me..lol. I'll buy what ever is stock on the interior that is in excellent shape and you dont want.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:19 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Crisisman
I'm not sure how much you'll be getting, but this might be a perfect opportunity to upgrade beyond the F-body. A C5 Z06 or even a newer C6 Z51 would be a lot of fun. I just heard there is an 8k incentive on remaining 2007 C6s. It seems everyone is wanting a 2008 now that they are out and the 2007s are sitting on the lots.

Either way, I'm sure you'll have fun.
Well, automatics make better bracket racers, and I dunno if you've ever seen what it takes to put a torque converter in a Vette... but I'll take a F-body, personally.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for the loss.

It was a beautiful car.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Launching!

One of the local vultures already asked about the hood.
Hmmmm... who could that possibly be?

The pass door, front end, and hatch are also in perfect shape.
Psst....that door is taco'd....
Old 08-22-2007, 03:47 PM
10 Second Club

DUH, I meant the DRIVERS door is ok
Old 08-23-2007, 06:42 AM
On The Tree

Default Another idea

Now that you have the open road fever, this is a perfect time to step-up to a built open road car. Could be a fairly fast drag car with a little work.
Jeffy'
Old 08-23-2007, 09:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffyvette
Now that you have the open road fever, this is a perfect time to step-up to a built open road car. Could be a fairly fast drag car with a little work.
Jeffy'
OR a 1979 GMC truck
Old 08-23-2007, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

I like the truck idea, I would even help build that one.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like way to much of that is going on. Just glade that you made it out like I did with mine, in one piece. I hope I can lend a hand a couple of times holding the flash light while you rebuild it, or another one. I'd love to see how a real car get built up.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:59 AM
10 Second Club

The body shop & the ins adjuster agreed that it's totaled. Now I'm waiting for the offer from the ins comp.....I want my car & enough $ to build a new one. I can imagine it will take them a few days to figure out a salvage value for my car.

I can see about $2000 worth of perf parts that are toast. Could be more if the roll bar or headers got tweaked. And I will want to have the blower, trans & rear end gone thru. We'll see.....
Old 08-25-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Veteran

The body shop & the ins adjuster agreed that it's totaled. Now I'm waiting for the offer from the ins comp.....I want my car & enough $ to build a new one. I can imagine it will take them a few days to figure out a salvage value for my car.

I can see about $2000 worth of perf parts that are toast. Could be more if the roll bar or headers got tweaked. And I will want to have the blower, trans & rear end gone thru. We'll see.....
Good luck. I will keep my fingers crossed for ya.