Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Bremerton 9.xx

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bremerton 9.xx

Ha, ha made ya look.

Man I just can't seem to get a break here, on a couple fronts. I did get one complete 11.xx pass, however hit the limtiter on every gear (more in next paragraph), but did cut a nice .008 light. So at least I can still cut a light when I want/need to. Only two passes, then the rain, and boy was it fun driving the freeways back to South Hill on slicks.

Anyway, I figured out what my main hold up is. The tach signal is 500rpm off, and also the shift light (which I really don't use anywho), so shifting at my normal rpm would put me into the limter evry time, and this cuts the fuel and it just drops on it face: losing .500 to .800 on each shift according to HPT logs, not good (normal for me is sub .050). Anyone have a nice tach for sale? and I will be wiring to the coil pack directly this time rather than the PCM.

Then teching in at Bremerton was a nightmare again. They have a NHRA rep who is teching and he is fast into the rule book, many got busted, and limited to no faster than 11.5 including myself.
Here's my short comings.
1. Crotch strap is not mounted behind chest. (easy fix)
2. One lap belt improperly mounted (easy fix)
3. Shoulder belt mount is not at shoulder hieght (not so easy, need to weld another cross bar: Don can you help?)
4. No scatter shield (the prob is being looked into, no remedy at this point)
5. Helmet had expired (easy fix)
6. I am sure there are other things, but not this time around...

Still had a good time though. No ls1tech guys at all? God I love the smell, and the hearing hurting sounds of the strip. Bout the only thing that makes me feel alive, well except for hitting some *****, can I say *****, or is that politically incorrect when refering to the female pleasure area.

Mark, once again sorry for your loss. I can't put into words how I would feel if I totaled my pride and joy. Bigger, badder, nastier and prettier this time around, good luck.
Robert
Old 08-19-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting they had an NHRA rep there. Wonder if thats normal or if they had an issue that brought that on. So whats the deal with the crotch strap? It needs to actually be mounted waaay under the seat so that its actually behind you?
Old 08-19-2007, 02:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like you are getting there Robert. I would not bother with the tach. just make your adjustments. Tech at the track is going to be harder from now on. Just some thing we will have to deal with. Un-less you want your car to look like Marks it might be time to find a way to carry tires or your car Race tires and rain can bite you in the *** faster then a pissed off rattle snake!

Keep working on it and she will come together!

As far as going out? Well it looks like I get to sand my entire cage again because the POR15 looks like ****!
Old 08-19-2007, 02:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo50
Interesting they had an NHRA rep there. Wonder if thats normal or if they had an issue that brought that on. So whats the deal with the crotch strap? It needs to actually be mounted waaay under the seat so that its actually behind you?

Behind the center line of your spine
Old 08-19-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Behind the center line of your spine
Got it fixed, at least I hope so. Nice legal mount in rear, however, it goes inbetween the bottom of seat and seat back, rather than under to the front and over front of seat. No room for a pass through on my seats (electric motor stuff in the way), and belt is too short to go all the way up and over the front. i think coming in from the back actually makes a better angle and thus restraint. Will it be ok?
Robert