Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Drag Racing (Bremerton) Fri/Sat Aug 24th/25th

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 01:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazylane
Well I will be at Brem on friday for sure. I have a quick question...

With the mods I have in my sig. Will I need a driveline loop? I will be running street tires as well.

I have a helmet it is a like 4 years old so Hopefully that won't be a problem.

Thanks
Lane
The Bremerton rules state...

DRIVE TRAIN – DRIVELINE – Driveshaft loop required on all cars running 13.99 or quicker or any car equipped with racing slicks, drag radials or street slicks.

It looks like your car should be easily into the 12s with that combo. They "might" let you race if it's your first time and you agree to add one for the future. It depends on who you get for tech.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PONYEATER
Robert are you finally going to spray that thing or what?
Yes tech is tighter at Bremerton, that just means that you don't have to worry about the guy in the other lane as much. I would rather have picky tech guys then the ones that basicly go around and pickup tech cards and never even look under the hood.
I'm with Arron on this one. If you want a real tech inspection, go to Mission in Canada. They are very strict. If you don't pass tech - you don't race period.

I've seen mishaps that could have been very serious at PR that could have been totally avoided with any kind of tech. One instance comes to mind when a racer in the staging started his car in gear (no neutral safety switch) and winged the throttle and smashed into the car in front of him. He hit an El Camino with the tailgate down. If there had been anyone between the cars, it would have been VERY bad.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:33 PM
12 Second Club

Well I can't be at 2 places at once. lol
So should I go to PIR or Bremerton on Friday night?
Old 08-23-2007, 02:31 PM
11 Second Club

^^From the sounds of it there might be a few LS1tech people over in Brem. But that drive for you might be a little long. lol. I am leaving Whidbey in the Morning and staying at the Inlaws until the gate opens. I need to get some time slips under my belt. haha.

Would any of you that are going to Brem happen to have an extra Driveline loop for sale. Or are willing to part with????

Lane
Old 08-23-2007, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

CCC at PR Friday night and CCC at Bremerton Saturday from what I see on the schedule. I'll visit both tracks this weekend
Old 08-23-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KrautBurner
last friday (at bremerton) I didn't even pop my hood, show my jacket, or helmet
Sat was different. they busted many, many and all were limited to no faster than 11.5, and they had the rule book out on each car.

I did get all of my issues sorted out, except for one, and we are waiting on a final word, but good to 9.99.

Ponyeater, maybe spraying this weekend, still getting some bugs worked out (the tach is off 500rpm and I hit the limiter every gear, going to try and change my driving a bit).
Robert
Old 08-24-2007, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

Is the tach off or the driver? Even my autometer tach is off a little! you would be amazed how fast some motors rev. watch a playbach tach sometime and you will see guys with shift lights that come on 500rpms before they make the shift.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Robert56
Sat was different. they busted many, many and all were limited to no faster than 11.5, and they had the rule book out on each car.

I did get all of my issues sorted out, except for one, and we are waiting on a final word, but good to 9.99.

Ponyeater, maybe spraying this weekend, still getting some bugs worked out (the tach is off 500rpm and I hit the limiter every gear, going to try and change my driving a bit).
Robert
Did they have in hand records of ETs or were they just checking carefully?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SeaHawk
CCC at PR Friday night and CCC at Bremerton Saturday from what I see on the schedule. I'll visit both tracks this weekend
Ellis is doing the same thing...
Old 08-24-2007, 11:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DRIVE TRAIN – DRIVELINE – Driveshaft loop required on all cars running 13.99 or quicker or any car equipped with racing slicks, drag radials or street slicks.
I was thinking it was 12.99
most "sporty" v8 and even alot of 4 and 6cyl cars do 13.99 stock
Old 08-24-2007, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

I was thinking it was 12.99
most "sporty" v8 and even alot of 4 and 6cyl cars do 13.99 stock
Actually, NHRA rules say 11.99 for street tires and 13.99 for slicks. Tracks are allowed to make the rules anything they want, but must meet the minimum NHRA standards to keep their certification. Bremerton chooses to require a loop for all cars 13.99 or quicker.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:37 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

shouldn't need a loop,
make sure the helmet is snell 2000 or 2005

do you know how fast your car should be?
His car is easily faster than mine, he has a cam and a bigger stall, and my car ran 12.7x last time at PR, could even run faster once I tune it... so his car is probably low 12's with a good launch.

DEFINITELY needs a driveshaft loop.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
His car is easily faster than mine, he has a cam and a bigger stall, and my car ran 12.7x last time at PR, could even run faster once I tune it... so his car is probably low 12's with a good launch.

DEFINITELY needs a driveshaft loop.

I wish it was like you said.

I don't have a cam, I had one on the way. I ordered it about a month ago, and then came into a money situation so I had to cancel it. Now I have to wait till atleast next month in order to order it again.

Lane