Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

interesting... Mike Vick vs Don Imus A must read

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007 | 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

When I was in my 20's I owned 3 Pitbulls at the same time. 2 males and a female. One of the males was the grandson of an actual champion pit fighting dog ( Going light Barney for those that care ) They were great dogs that never showed any sign of aggression towards people. Absolute lap dogs. I had some neigbors who raised Dobies and their 3 daughters ( ages 6 thru 11 ) used to come over to play with my dogs. They were absolutely docile with people. I will say that if you have a people aggressive Pit then you'd better put him down. Much to capable of an animal to have around if there's a chance of them biting someone.

Rott the locking jaw is a myth. They have a normally operating, although very strong jaw. They just choose to hang on when fighting or playing with a rope etc. Other breeds will less commonly hang on in the same manner.
Old 08-30-2007 | 08:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Racehead
Rott the locking jaw is a myth. They have a normally operating, although very strong jaw. They just choose to hang on when fighting or playing with a rope etc. Other breeds will less commonly hang on in the same manner.
That is kinda what I figured, just you know how stories/urban legands get tossed around, ESPECIALLY negative ones. If someone says it, it MUST be true.
Old 08-30-2007 | 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

Vick is twisted animal abuser/killer and a general piece of ****--lock his *** up and fine him $$$ until Cancer is cured.

Imus was hired, and ironically fired, for making racey comments.

Yet...Imus is a "horrible racist", Vick is a "misunderstood" and "oppressed" black man, and Tookie Williams is a "reborn" hero who writes books for children.

Right.

(Threw Tookie in for fun )
Old 08-31-2007 | 12:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01T-TopToy
I couldn't agree with both of you more. As do most of the people I know. Strange No One I know wants to forgive Vick, but I see it on the TV and papers starting already..
All I wanna know is why this S.O.B. isn't in prison yet..
Oh wait, He's black, He's a sports star and he has cash...Now who does this remind me of..

I totaly agree with everybody, but the black comment isn't necessary. Wrong is wrong no matter the color. Black sports stars with cash are not the only people who get away with things.
Old 08-31-2007 | 01:03 AM
TECH Addict

Dude, don't go getting all ACLU on everyone here. It does kind of remind one of O. J. Simpson. The difference being OJ got away with murder, literally. Vick on the other hand did not have a chance. The prosecutors went after him last for a reason. They wanted to get everyone to snitch on him because he was the biggest name in the whole ring. It would not be nearly the press circus if it was some offensive lineman that was the one who was torturing dogs.

I also find it insulting that Jesse and Al want to be known as "The Reverend ..." when that implies godliness. But when they can't forgive in a godly manner, they should not be revered. Like most who don the title, it is self-imposed to make themselves appear more holy or spiritual. Humility, another godly quality, is quite often not found in those men.

Imus should not even be compared to Vick. There is no way either "crime" can be compared. (I use quotes because Imus' error did not break any law -- rule perhaps, but not law.) While I don't think Vick should go free, I don't think he should do a 5 year stint, either. Imus should never have been fired. He was doing his job by stirring up controversy. The punishment should fit the crime, but we already know that won't happen in Vick's case, just like it did not happen in Imus'.