Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Do you think Police target certain cars.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007 | 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Do you think Police target certain cars.

I was just curious.
I went to court today for my speeding ticket and got it deferred.
I was speeding. I was going 65 in a 60. The ticket was for 70. I didn't argue that point. I said there were two other car one passing me.
I agree I was speeding and I said. I am sure if I had been in a different car I would not have been stopped as it was the Lexus passing me going that fast.
Judges words. "You are naive if you think police look for certain cars that speed"
I think she is full of ****.
Comments?
Old 09-17-2007 | 01:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was in the right lane doing 10ish over while a minivan was passing me on the left. Who do you think got pulled over and got the ticket. Hint: Not the minivan
Old 09-17-2007 | 01:19 PM
Launching!

It seems like it...every time a cop sees me they either follow right behind me or trial from a distance.
Old 09-17-2007 | 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

absolutely, not only certain cars but loud cars also. hop into a honda pilot and see how many tickets you can get (driving reasonably of course, 10-15 over). she probably drives an "environmentally safe" car.

brody
Old 09-17-2007 | 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was driving down a major street a few summers ago at the tail end of a pack of about 20 cars doing 30-35mph in a 35 zone. I look off to the right and see a motorcycle officer sitting on his bike. He sees me about the same time and springs to action with his radar. He didn't shoot any of the 20 cars in front of me--the detector doesn't lie. There was no way I could have been speeding if I'd wanted to. It was funny to see him jump up all of the sudden. I wonder why that happened... We may all be naive though! On the other hand, I've had them ignore me just like everyone else that wasn't speeding and only pick out the cars going over the limit. Like everything else, depends on the person.
Old 09-17-2007 | 01:25 PM
TECH Resident

Yes they do... if its late... we tend to take my buddies van. cause At 20yrs old... Ive been pulled over 24 times....
Old 09-17-2007 | 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

I had a traffic school teacher, an ex cop, tell us that they dont necessarily pick out cerain cars, but if 3 cars are speeding (minivan, geo metro and camaro) he's going to pick the camaro. Colors are another issue. THey dont necessary pull over red cars because they are red. He told us to try this test when we go home. Look at teh cars on the opposite side fo the freeway. see which cars grab your attention first. It will be the fastest or brightests cars.
Old 09-17-2007 | 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by XLR8N
absolutely, not only certain cars but loud cars also. hop into a honda pilot and see how many tickets you can get (driving reasonably of course, 10-15 over). she probably drives an "environmentally safe" car.

brody

Boyce + Honda Pilot, 15 over = ticket for Boyce (beat the ticket though )
Old 09-17-2007 | 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

yes, they target certain cars...........I only had a few cars that were under their radar but those were the times i got no tickets and my driving habits didnt change........

Its also the reason i keep a traffic attorney in the speed dial on my cell phone.......

The one thing i have noticed though is that my Camaro doesnt seem to get much attention from the popos.........white doesnt seem to stand out as much
Old 09-17-2007 | 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

hold on someone actually drives a honda pilot?

brody
Old 09-17-2007 | 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Twice I've been BEHIND an officer, when he suddenly pulled over and tried to get me with his Laser. No joke. I just waved as I drove by Just because I'm blonde and I drive a nice red car doesn't mean I'm stupid, but it sure did make them look dumb.

I've also been pulled over in a group of cars and got a ticket that I ended up getting deferred. and I've also gotten a ticket when I was getting on a highway because I was speeding up before I got to the speed limit sign. Yup, I think they target us..
Old 09-17-2007 | 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Twice I've been BEHIND an officer, when he suddenly pulled over and tried to get me with his Laser. No joke. I just waved as I drove by Just because I'm blonde and I drive a nice red car doesn't mean I'm stupid, but it sure did make them look dumb.

I've also been pulled over in a group of cars and got a ticket that I ended up getting deferred. and I've also gotten a ticket when I was getting on a highway because I was speeding up before I got to the speed limit sign. Yup, I think they target us..

i was on a drive a few months back when i had my Audi S4.........we had a good sized group of Audis and several guys off of 6speedonline including a few Porsches and a Ferrari 360 Spyder.........

we were heading back from St Helens and we were all traveling at the same speed and doing about 75 on I-5 norhbound.......

in the middle of our pack was a guy i know in his 911 that has a full GT3 RSR bodykit on it and its bright yellow.........

out of everyone in our pack the WSP merged into the middle of us and pulled him over and gave him a ticket
Old 09-17-2007 | 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Loud cars, bright cars, hot rods, etc.... Sure they target certain segments of cars.

They also say there aren't "ticket quotas", but we all know they're out there at the end of the month en masse writing as many tickets as they can. (That ought to get Rott all fired up)
Old 09-17-2007 | 02:40 PM
10 Second Club

I am just waiting for Rott to come in and tell all of us how stupid we are ...AGAIN!
Old 09-17-2007 | 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been pulled over 3 times in my life. Once in my stock tahoe, and once in a POS camry, and once in my jeep (no tickets ).

I've been driving "hot rod" cars since I've been driving and never been pulled over in them.

Heck, I've even passed by cops in my jeep that is lifted 6 inch, 33in tires, winch bla bla bla that is a ticket waiting to happen cause it doesn't have mud flaps, or fender flares and the headlights might be too high.

But with all this being said, I don't speed (much...like 3 over) either. The camry had a cracked windshield, and I drifted over the line late at night in the Tahoe. Then I was pulling a trailer with the jeep at nights and the taillights had blown a fuse and weren't working.

So here's the moral....don't speed, don't get ticket.
Old 09-17-2007 | 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ackattack1
So here's the moral....don't speed, don't get ticket.
Sorry, that doesn't work for me
Old 09-17-2007 | 03:25 PM
teh PuRpL3z

When I had my Red T/A, every time I saw a cop he had a radar gun pointed at me... I don't think they even look twice at the GTO... in fact, I blew right by a cop the other day going 75 in a 60 zone and he didn't even budge.
Old 09-17-2007 | 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
When I had my Red T/A, every time I saw a cop he had a radar gun pointed at me... I don't think they even look twice at the GTO... in fact, I blew right by a cop the other day going 75 in a 60 zone and he didn't even budge.
Purple is under their radar just like white.........

i drove by 2 motorcycle WSP guys on I5 doin 80 on my way to work a few weeks ago and they pulled out and nailed the guy that was going slower than me in the lane next to me.........
Old 09-17-2007 | 04:07 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by LS1>*
Purple is under their radar just like white.........
I wish that were true, I've been pulled over in my Formula 3 times.
Old 09-17-2007 | 04:52 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah that happened to me in Stanwood and northgate... Was doin 60-65 in north gate got passed by a truck and I got pulled over and given a ticket for 70+. Stanwood was passed by a blue cavalier I was doing maybe 75-80, Trooper pulled me over for 85 saying the plane said it was me not the other guy that passed me?!

Quick Reply: Do you think Police target certain cars.