Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

well it started as a good day

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007 | 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default well it started as a good day

Today started great, we had all day off for packing, but i had everything already packed. so for me it was a chill day. well i decided that i wanted to go get Forza 2 from the hadji mart. i have never EVER gotten a bootleg game before, but many of my soldiers and others in the platoon have. So i make my way over to get it, well just my luck they are all closing. so i beg and beg for them to let me get a game, they finally cave in and sell me the game. I get back to my hooch all excited and ready to play, well i had nothing but trouble trying to get it to load, i finally get it going. then for some damn reason everytime i go to open it, it wont open, wtf. Well i restarted my computer and it locked me out of my account, so now im in failsafe mode. OK no biggie i have everything backed onto my external hard drive, so i rebooted it. Well when i was done i go to take everything off of my external and........wadda ya know theres nothing on it. So now i have lost all my music, all my programs, all of my helmet cam videos and every last one of my pics.
So in the kind words of Ghandi id like to say MOTHER ******!
Old 11-20-2007 | 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why were you were trying to load Forza on a PC?

Sorry about the loss of data ... Without going into a whole piracy rant, it's really a shame and adds to the already long list reasons of why it's good to buy legal software.
Old 11-20-2007 | 01:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

no i completely agree about the piracy thing. we have a very limited selection at our post exchange and i only have a limited time left here so i cant order anything threw the mail. and to top the day off i was sitting here stabbing my plywood desk ( not out of anger but more like an attention deficit stab) waiting for my yahoo messenger to load and BAM my knife collapsed on my index finger, so now i have blood on my uniform, my desk and all down the hall. I finally get all that cleaned up to find out the damn messenger wont load. what a shitty day, i think im just going to go to bed now.
Old 11-20-2007 | 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

^^^Lmao, don't bring that luck back with you. I want my parts in one peice!!!
Old 11-20-2007 | 01:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

haha, well i have no luck so that shouldnt be a problem. has anyone tried to type with out their index finger? this sucks. Oh and like you have better luck? SCRAPPER, hehe
Old 11-20-2007 | 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah I know, Dude I will take pics of the mess this thing caused and Post them, Its bad!!!
Old 11-20-2007 | 07:10 PM
Teching In

Forza on a PC?
Old 11-21-2007 | 02:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Mcheap
Forza on a PC?
There are some there that have a laptop that can handle it, they are usually hooked up to tv's though and not used for anything else.

And when you are that bored...a copy of anything to pass the time is worth the frustration.
Old 11-21-2007 | 02:46 AM
Teching In

i didn't even know there were programs that existed that can do that. I've known of a couple last gen emulators but not this one. Cool beans though
Old 11-21-2007 | 03:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah i was unaware of it being on pc, but i saw some of the soldiers playing it. so being the car guy that i am i went and got it, but to my dismay all this happened. oh and to top it off i woke up in a small pool of blood. so in the middle of the night i had to go see the medics to get some stiches. it was cut all the way to the bone.
Old 11-21-2007 | 11:46 AM
12 Second Club

That sucks... I went to boot up the 360 last night to play NFS: ProStreet and some PGR4 and it gave me the 3 red lights of death every time... so looks like it's time to send it back.... again... another 4 weeks with out my 360... so that's 2 months out of the 9 that I've owned it that it's been down... *sigh*
Old 11-21-2007 | 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

i have a buddy that went and bought a second one just because of that. hes had to break it out 2 times aswell. so hows the pgr4? ive played a little of the NFS but wasnt really all that impressed.

Quick Reply: well it started as a good day