79.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Patriots or Giants?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
You can ever have too much hops. But I'm a fan of IPA. Dark beers too. Porters and stouts are great.
Oh this is a pretty dark beer, That chocalate malt made it were you couldnt see through it. And really before I put the Choc in there, it was farely dark allready. It was a real deep redish brown before the Choc.

And its stout trust me. My buddies and I are feelin it. ha ha ha.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Launching!

WooHoo, somebody finally stopped them!

I was taking a drink for every good Giants play, and got my share tonight! I bit off all my nails though, damn that was close.

Congrats to Giants fans, sorry Pats!
Old 02-03-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by crazylane
Oh this is a pretty dark beer, That chocalate malt made it were you couldnt see through it. And really before I put the Choc in there, it was farely dark allready. It was a real deep redish brown before the Choc.

And its stout trust me. My buddies and I are feelin it. ha ha ha.
Sounds like a good brew. Maybe we can get together sometime and I can try your brewing skills. Do you use a kit (maybe a bad word to describe what I mean) as your base or do you do it all on your own?
Old 02-03-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
WooHoo, somebody finally stopped them!

I was taking a drink for every good Giants play, and got my share tonight! I bit off all my nails though, damn that was close.

Congrats to Giants fans, sorry Pats!
X2 Even though I wanted the Pats to win just to keep Don Shula off the TV when a tem starts out good. Raiders are doing it next year!!!! LMAO yea right. I'm a HUGE Raiders fan but they have and will continue to suck until the asshat owner sells or passes away. I am not wishing any ill will on Al Davis but he has got to go.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

I go to Northwest Brewer's in Anacortes, and buy everything I want for the kind a beer I am making, and he grinds my grains, and usually the yeast comes in seperate. The Hops comes seperate as well. There are kits there, but don't brew with a kit. They never seem to turn out the way you want them too. I like the Cascade hops and Golden hops, they usually have the best aroma.

Here is the receipt but I used a second addition to the hops, mixed with the Cascade and Golden.

8 oz 2-row Klages Malt
8 oz 60 Lovibond Crystal Malt
8 oz Special Roast Malt
4 oz Chocolate Malt
6.6 lbs Northwestern Gold Malt Extract (unhopped)
1.5 oz Brewer's Gold Pellets (bittering, 60 minute boil)
1 oz Brewer's Gold Pellets (last 10 minutes)
Wyeast 1056 American Ale yeast
1/2 ounce Brewers Gold pellets (dry hopping)
Old 02-03-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

I am going to celebrate until the start of next season that the pats lost for no other reason than all the bandwagon NE fans. STFU!

In 2008: GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Old 02-03-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I go to Northwest Brewer's in Anacortes, and buy everything I want for the kind a beer I am making, and he grinds my grains, and usually the yeast comes in seperate. The Hops comes seperate as well. There are kits there, but don't brew with a kit. They never seem to turn out the way you want them too. I like the Cascade hops and Golden hops, they usually have the best aroma.

Here is the receipt but I used a second addition to the hops, mixed with the Cascade and Golden.

8 oz 2-row Klages Malt
8 oz 60 Lovibond Crystal Malt
8 oz Special Roast Malt
4 oz Chocolate Malt
6.6 lbs Northwestern Gold Malt Extract (unhopped)
1.5 oz Brewer's Gold Pellets (bittering, 60 minute boil)
1 oz Brewer's Gold Pellets (last 10 minutes)
Wyeast 1056 American Ale yeast
1/2 ounce Brewers Gold pellets (dry hopping)
That does sound like it would be a tasty brew. If you added time to the bittering do you think it would intensify the flavor or would it just stay the same due to the amount used and maybe end up with a burnt taste? Maybe more of the dry hopping would intensify the taste? Here is why I ask. I would love to brew a dark (Porter or Stout) but have a hoppy taste like an IPA. I think that would be the best of both worlds. Smooth like a dark but with the finish of an IPA. Any opinions on how to do this? Mine are: brew like a dark and then dry hop it to get the finish.

Sorry to completely hijack but there isn't a brew beer section here.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:06 PM
11 Second Club

This is the only batch I did with this Clone. I think if I would have left the bittering agent in longer, it might have made it a little more on the bitter side, but it hard to say, cause you are also using Malt extract, and extract is highly condensed, you know what I mean...

So more than likely what I will do next time is add another 5 minutes boil on a another addition of full hopes, not the pellets. I think that will bring in the flavor and aroma that I was really hoping for. Don't get me wrong the beer turned out wonderfull, but it is not as good as it could have been.

I would have to ask my friend about the IPA and stout duo. He is a IPA fanatic. And he has brewed some of the best tasting beers I have ever had.. He has also been brewing about 20 years more than me lol. He has two Kegorators, with 5 taps on one, and 3 on the other. So at any given time he has at least 7 beers on tap. He has a network in his house that would amaze you. When I first went to his house, before I even stepped in the house I could smell hopes.... lol

The two other beers that I have brewed so far, was a fat tire clone, and Blonde.
Both turned out fantastic. We made two october fests and they are still chilin. aswell. Can't wait to try those.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is the only batch I did with this Clone. I think if I would have left the bittering agent in longer, it might have made it a little more on the bitter side, but it hard to say, cause you are also using Malt extract, and extract is highly condensed, you know what I mean...

So more than likely what I will do next time is add another 5 minutes boil on a another addition of full hopes, not the pellets. I think that will bring in the flavor and aroma that I was really hoping for. Don't get me wrong the beer turned out wonderfull, but it is not as good as it could have been.

I would have to ask my friend about the IPA and stout duo. He is a IPA fanatic. And he has brewed some of the best tasting beers I have ever had.. He has also been brewing about 20 years more than me lol. He has two Kegorators, with 5 taps on one, and 3 on the other. So at any given time he has at least 7 beers on tap. He has a network in his house that would amaze you. When I first went to his house, before I even stepped in the house I could smell hopes.... lol

The two other beers that I have brewed so far, was a fat tire clone, and Blonde.
Both turned out fantastic. We made two october fests and they are still chilin. aswell. Can't wait to try those.
Post up the results of your newest. Also let me know what your friend thinks about the Stout/ IPA duo. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and experience with brewing beer. I am a rookie on the brewing aspect. Been drinking it for years. The last time I had a Budweiser was about 24 years ago. Since then it has been imports, micro or home brew. We need to get together so i can sample your and your friends brew. Mine are still sucking so I'll have to give you a raincheck. Sorry.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I found it to be one of the best SB games in the past twenty or so years. I loved the out come

I have not made beer since my Teens I got hooked on micro's in Germany and not having the time to ake them I just search for different tastes
Old 02-03-2008, 11:36 PM
11 Second Club

Lol okay. No problem.

Hey Ellis, don't be lying, I know you stick with the Girly drinks, such as Mikes. Lmao
Old 02-03-2008, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I found it to be one of the best SB games in the past twenty or so years. I loved the out come

I have not made beer since my Teens I got hooked on micro's in Germany and not having the time to ake them I just search for different tastes
Your teens and my teens are probably the same time frame. Germany has good beer for sure. Belgium is better though. Didn't believe it until I went there and sampled. Too much samples I might add. If you can find it Orval is a Great beer from Belgium. I have seen it a few places here in the Tacoma area. I have the glass from the Abbey. Cool place great beer and the cheese is to die for. For those that don't know most Abbey's (there are 8 left) make beer and cheese among other things. Beer and cheese sell the best. Great time if you find yourself in Europe go to Belgium and try the beer and the cheese.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Ahhh football and beer talk. Is there anything better???

Old 02-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OK now my take on it.
Never before has the forces that lined up against the Patriots right before the most crucial game ever been brought against any other team in the 2 weeks before the game.
Even with that the reason they lost was not just because they got out played but because of the arrogance of the head coach. When the Giants almost beat them that should have shown them they have issues against their pass rush. They did nothing to deal with and shrugged it off saying they didnt play well and if they play their game they will win. The G men beat them on the line on both sides of the ball. The Pats offensive play calling was abysmal to be kind except for one drive.

No one wanted them to win. They are as hated as the Yankess are. It was good for the league what happened and in a strange way good for the Patriots as well. They got too big for themselves and now maybe then can get back to playing football. Brady is still one of the best ever and they still have a good team. The whole undefeated thing really got to be to big.. bigger than the game itself. I'm a Pats fan and have been since they drafted the heisman winner from So Cal.... bit of a trivia question there for anyone who knows who I'm talking about. I'm not devastated by the loss at all. I saw it coming and think it's a lesson they needed to be taught. They should have lost a few games during the year really due to really good defensive pass rushes and it taught them nothing.

I've still got 3 SB's and 2 WS and 16 NBA titles to my mantle.. thats more than most sports fans. I'm happy with what I've seen if they never win another.

As far as the Giants fans themselves they dont deserve ****, except for the one or two who stuck loyal. They all wrote them off and called for Eli's and Coughlin's head on a stake. Eli has never been given any credit in NY at all until he took them to the playoffs and won it for them. The Giants and Coughlin and a feel good story really. I'm a fan of sports so I can appreciate what they've done. They are the Patriots of SB 36.

As far as my team now and all this videogate bullshit. Let the peices fall where they may and lets move on. Its not like Belichick told all the NE fans what was going on, I certainly do not condone cheating. Lets deal with it, take the punishment if there is more coming and move on. The fans didnt do it and dont deserve the hatred. We're victims as well. In Bill we trust.... or trusted
Old 02-05-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Patriots are so last Sunday. LOL Great game but they were asshats after the game and it has continued. Brady and Moss have removed themselves from the Pro Bowl. Are they going to boycott the NFL next year too. That is some weak **** if you ask me. Moss didn't give a reason at all. Brady says his ankle. Moss should be made to play and Brady should suit up at least if he doesn't play support the second best game of the season. IMHO.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Banned

Ya ok they are the only two players to ever opt out of the pro bowl

Not sure what the second best game of the season means but you do know they arent allowed to blitz dont you? And it's not really a game as much as it is an exhibition right?

IF your that hard up to watch Brady and Moss I'm sure I can find some u-tube touchdowns for you to watch. Help you out a little. I means there's24 of them, some of them have to be around
Old 02-05-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Ya ok they are the only two players to ever opt out of the pro bowl

Not sure what the second best game of the season means but you do know they arent allowed to blitz dont you? And it's not really a game as much as it is an exhibition right?

IF your that hard up to watch Brady and Moss I'm sure I can find some u-tube touchdowns for you to watch. Help you out a little. I means there's24 of them, some of them have to be around
I'll clarify the best game of the season. It is the only game played for the fun of it with no pressure to perform so the players put on a good show IMO. Also you get to see the ultimate fantasy team play. While they are still payed for playng this game is not about money its just for fun. as far as Brady and Moss they are a great duo no doubt. There have been other players opt out but did they do so after winning every game except the Super Bowl? I just think in this case it is an extreme example of a lack of class from two great players that had a bad day and lost. This is just my opinion and I actually wanted the Pats to win, since my team sucked ***.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Banned

Your so incorrect about the game play I'm not going to bother. The defense isnt allowed to play defense and you call that a good game? Ok its your opinion your entitled to it. I never watch the game. Its a joke.
No they arent payed to play in the game if they dont go. Its a perk for them and their families. I dont blame them for not going. If I were them I'd isolate myself... Tom with Gysele.. not sure who Randy cuddles up with, but the last thing I'd be thinking about is football. Season is over, major disappointment. They need a break to recharge the batteries.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Your so incorrect about the game play I'm not going to bother. The defense isnt allowed to play defense and you call that a good game? Ok its your opinion your entitled to it. I never watch the game. Its a joke.
No they arent payed to play in the game if they dont go. Its a perk for them and their families. I dont blame them for not going. If I were them I'd isolate myself... Tom with Gysele.. not sure who Randy cuddles up with, but the last thing I'd be thinking about is football. Season is over, major disappointment. They need a break to recharge the batteries.
Game play-it's for fun. it allows the players to enjoy the GAME for what it is, a GAME.
Everything else you raise some good points and I can see them. Even if I disagree with you. Well except the cuddling up part. Thats always nice.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Seen this commercial? Hilarious!

http://www.rbk.com/us/perfectville/

Quick Reply: Patriots or Giants?